Widgets Magazine
Page 66 of 69 FirstFirst ... 16616263646566676869 LastLast
Results 1,626 to 1,650 of 1705

Thread: OKC Thunder 2013 - 2014

Default Re: OKC Thunder 2013 - 2014

That was disappointing. KD and Russ got played out. The bench didn't step up. Coach needs to change his way of thinking. You have to adapt, improvise and over come. We got out coached and out played. Next step. Go Spurs. beat the heat.

So who wants to have the honor of starting the "What do Thunder need to change during the summer" Thread?

Weak bench. Durant not a killer. Coach slow to adjust.

Beat the Heat!

4. Default Re: OKC Thunder 2013 - 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    Spurs deserved to win this game and win the series.

Can't get mad. They had the better team.
    Really? Thunder is up 2 with 19 seconds and Duncan fouls the crap out of Fish with no call and Genobli hits a 3? If the refs gets the call right and Fish hits the FTs we are up by 4 with 19 seconds and probably are going to SA for game 7. Tell me again how SA DESERVED to win this game.

Spurs were the best team all season, so no shame in losing a tough series.

We'll be better next season, even without substantial changes. Steven Adams will iimprove, as will almost everyone else.

Great season Thunder! We are so lucky to have them.

6. Default Re: OKC Thunder 2013 - 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Just the facts View Post
    I think we saw our last game with Brooks.
    If that were true I'd be OK with this season, but unfortunately, Brooks will be back next year.

Quote Originally Posted by catcherinthewry View Post
    Really? Thunder is up 2 with 19 seconds and Duncan fouls the crap out of Fish with no call and Genobli hits a 3? If the refs gets the call right and Fish hits the FTs we are up by 4 with 19 seconds and probably are going to SA for game 7. Tell me again how SA DESERVED to win this game.
    They also let a goal tending foul by the Thunder pass. Granted it would have been a silly foul since that ball had no chance of actually going in.

It is what it is. Do you know how to not let fouls determine the outcome of the game? Don't play lousy the first three quarters. If SA played a little bit better which they did in the third quarter, it would have been a blowout by the Spurs.

8. Default Re: OKC Thunder 2013 - 2014

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    Don't play lousy the first three quarters. If SA played a little bit better which they did in the third quarter, it would have been a blowout by the Spurs.
    They didn't play lousy the first 3 quarters, they were ahead by 7 at halftime. And how could've SA played "a little better" better in the 3rd quarter, they outscored us by 17?

Do you know how to not let fouls determine the outcome of a game?

Don't let Fish play the entire 4th quarter and OT and switch on every PR so he is guarding Duncan or Diaw.

Bench Points

SA-51
    OKC-5

Yeah, they were the better team. When Derek Fisher is your only source of offense of the bench, things aren't good.

Westbrook and Durant were 1 of 12 in overtime. There is your defeat.

We could cherry pick calls all through the game favoring one side or the other, but I have to agree with others that the Spurs deserved the win. Pop is a great playoff coach.

The Thunder had a great season and I imagine many more are ahead of this team.

They didn't play lousy the first 3 quarters, they were ahead by 7 at halftime. And how could've SA played "a little better" better in the 3rd quarter, they outscored us by 17?

Do you know how to not let fouls determine the outcome of a game?

Don't let Fish play the entire 4th quarter and OT and switch on every PR so he is guarding Duncan or Diaw.
    Both teams played lousy the first half. The Spurs missed a lot open shots(and they had a lot of opportunities since the Thunder couldnt rebound tonight). If the same SA team showed up that played games 1,2, and 5 it would have been a blowout.

The Thunder didnt play any worse the 3rd quarter. Sa just finally starting making baskets. Thats what I meant by a little better.

You really think that Durant will let that happen? I agree that something needs to be done but I just don't see KD allowing Brooks to be thrown under the bus. I also think that Westbrook is just playing out his contract and then he's a Laker, unless something dramatic happens.

Nah. He was out coached by the best in the business. No shame in that.

Perhaps, had he put Lamb, PJ3, Fish, and Butler into the game during the first half and given his top four a chance to rest, then those top four might not have run out of gas during the OT...

But hindsight is usually 20/20, and it's much easier to coach from the crowd than from the bench. The question is "What did he learn from this?" or maybe "Did he learn at all?"

I think that Presti and the owners see what we see. The question is, is there something they see that we don't? I actually think Brooks will be fired. I know KD loves him, but I suspect KD also wants to win and if Brooks isn't getting it done, the players know that as well. They see it from a different vantage point than us, but they also know a lot more about basketball than we do too and they watch a hell of a lot of tape. If management doesn't fire Brooks, it's not about the money, which I've heard some people say. It's either because they can't find anyone they think will do a better job or they see/know something we don't.

16. Default Re: OKC Thunder 2013 - 2014

I was thinking KD's relationship with Brooks would keep Scotty around until for the first time I saw KD forcefully lash out at him late in the 4th quarter for calling a timeout. That, to me, was telling and makes me think KD has become frustrated with Brooks' coaching.

Quote Originally Posted by s00nr1 View Post
    I was thinking KD's relationship with Brooks would keep Scotty around until for the first time I saw KD forcefully lash out at him late in the 4th quarter for calling a timeout. That, to me, was telling and makes me think KD has become frustrated with Brooks' coaching.
    I agree. That was the first time on public display that Durant was PISSED at Brooks. And I agree that we should not have called a TO during that moment. We had a chance to go up in the game with the momentum.

Another one was when KD had to tell Brooks to get Ibaka out of the game at the end of game 4.

I don't say much. Last night I got really disgusted with the announcers when they kept saying there was no contribution from "the bench". I saw some of this in the conversation this morning. I would like to point out that the "bench" can't score when the "bench" is sitting on their behinds on the bench and not allowed to play by their coach. Give the "bench" a break.

Blog Entries

Thunder Re: OKC Thunder 2013 - 2014

Congratulations to the Oklahoma City Thunder

for a competitive NBA season.

"Oklahoma City looks oh-so pretty... ...as I get my kicks on Route 66." --Nat King Cole.

Quote Originally Posted by betts View Post
    I think that Presti and the owners see what we see. The question is, is there something they see that we don't? I actually think Brooks will be fired. I know KD loves him, but I suspect KD also wants to win and if Brooks isn't getting it done, the players know that as well. They see it from a different vantage point than us, but they also know a lot more about basketball than we do too and they watch a hell of a lot of tape. If management doesn't fire Brooks, it's not about the money, which I've heard some people say. It's either because they can't find anyone they think will do a better job or they see/know something we don't.
    I don't think they'll fire a coach who won 58 games. And that's 58 games with three of the starters missing close to 75 games. I do think they'll request Brooks get an assistant who is savvy on the motion/passing offense and insist that Brooks turn over the offensive game planning to this guy. I also think they'll go about beefing up the bench and maybe bust the salary cap a bit.

There is one coach in the league who is in love with Perkins and Sefalosha and that's Thibideux at Chicago. I think it's possible if Thibs thinks Derrick Rose can come back he'll trade Hinrich and maybe even Carlos Boozer for Perkins, Sef and either Caron Butler or a draft pick. Sefalosha is good friends with Noah and Perkins has always been a Thibs favorite. Boozer's relationship in Chicago is a little strained. Could be a possibility.

22. Default Re: OKC Thunder 2013 - 2014

Although I think Boozer would be a nice fit (moving Serge to the 5) there are a couple of holes in your theory:

1. Butler is a FA as of this morning.
    2. Sefolosha is a FA as of this morning.
    3. Perkins is a C and the Bulls have no need for both Perkins and Noah.

Quote Originally Posted by dagnyt View Post
    I don't say much. Last night I got really disgusted with the announcers when they kept saying there was no contribution from "the bench". I saw some of this in the conversation this morning. I would like to point out that the "bench" can't score when the "bench" is sitting on their behinds on the bench and not allowed to play by their coach. Give the "bench" a break.
    Idk whether to LOL or ask SERIOUSLY?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5

I'm no basketball expert; there are certainly many on this thread that know a lot more than I do (meant sincerely, not sarcastically). What pleases me is NOT seeing on the news today cars being overturned and burning, windows smashed, etc. I hope and pray you never turn into that kind of a "big league" city.

Quote Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
    I'm no basketball expert; there are certainly many on this thread that know a lot more than I do (meant sincerely, not sarcastically). What pleases me is NOT seeing on the news today cars being overturned and burning, windows smashed, etc. I hope and pray you never turn into that kind of a "big league" city.
    Really? How often does that happen in "Big League" city besides LA? Those people are looking for any reason to riot.

Thread Information