Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 69 FirstFirst 1234567853 ... LastLast

Thread: OKC Thunder 2013 - 2014

Default Re: OKC Thunder 2013 - 2014

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeesFan View Post
    Sure, I would put a Orlando Magic logo on the court
    Why would they put the logo of the worst team in the NBA?

Sure, I would put a Orlando Magic logo on the court
    Monkeesfan,

Are trying to make this an Orlando magic thread again ? You could always start one for the Magic, but you'd probably get pretty tired of answering your own postings.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    Monkeesfan,

Are trying to make this an Orlando magic thread again ? You could always start one for the Magic, but you'd probably get pretty tired of answering your own postings.
    I would but I doubt anybody would reply

I would but I doubt anybody would reply
    I actually might. I'm a pretty avid NBA fan. Watched a quarter of Mavs-Magic last night. It was good to see Romero Osby playing well.

Steven Adams had 10 and 15 tonight against the Pellies. No Thunder center has ever done that. I didn't want to draft him, but he's looked great in summer league and preseason. I can't think of a reason Perk should start over him besides Brooks' notorious stubbornness.

Lamb looked better tonight too.

I keep reading where the players are high on Adams from the camp workouts. It showed tonight that he can play. Not sure of Anthony Davis's stats, but Adams seemed to dominate him. He's got great hands, stout as a bull, and only 19 years on. Perk may not be moved this year, but I'd seriously doubt he's here past this coming June.

Adams is not in Anthony Davis' class, but he doesn't need to be. Adams didn't outplay him, but generally held his own. I think Davis will break out as a superstar this season.

8. Default Re: OKC Thunder 2013 - 2014

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    I can't think of a reason Perk should start over him besides Brooks' notorious stubbornness.
    I love Adams but he isn't ready to start. He has a ton of upside and he is probably our best offensive center already, but he is not ready defensively. He has fouled out of 2 preseason games and had 5 fouls in 15 minutes in another game. He needs to get a lot of minutes this year either here or in Tulsa. I hope we trade/amnesty Perk next summer and start Adams next year.

Durant thinks Adams is ready to be a starter:

Steven Adams ready to start for Thunder - Durant - One Sport News | TVNZ

Strange how New Zealand is suddenly so interested in the Thunder.

Quote Originally Posted by catcherinthewry View Post
    I love Adams but he isn't ready to start. He has a ton of upside and he is probably our best offensive center already, but he is not ready defensively. He has fouled out of 2 preseason games and had 5 fouls in 15 minutes in another game. He needs to get a lot of minutes this year either here or in Tulsa. I hope we trade/amnesty Perk next summer and start Adams next year.
    He only had one foul tonight. He appears to be a significantly better offensive player, shot blocker, and rebounder than Perk already. It's early so he has to continue to prove himself, but if he keeps this up then I don't care if he starts right away, but should at least get starter minutes and let Perk start for his self-esteem. There is no reason for Adams to play in Tulsa at all this season if he keeps this play up. Even if Perk starts, he should get 15 minutes a game.

This isn't baseball. You don't have to play in the minors (aka D-league) if you're ready. Rookies contribute right away every year.

Also, that New Zealand article is hilarious.

Every time he made an offensive move with the ball last night, I keep saying to myself....'Perk just can't do that'.

I thought it may take a while, but Adams is more than holding his own against veterans, pre-season or not.

12. Default Re: OKC Thunder 2013 - 2014

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    He only had one foul tonight. He appears to be a significantly better offensive player, shot blocker, and rebounder than Perk already. It's early so he has to continue to prove himself, but if he keeps this up then I don't care if he starts right away, but should at least get starter minutes and let Perk start for his self-esteem. There is no reason for Adams to play in Tulsa at all this season if he keeps this play up. Even if Perk starts, he should get 15 minutes a game.

This isn't baseball. You don't have to play in the minors (aka D-league) if you're ready. Rookies contribute right away every year.
    Although Adams had 3 fouls, I was very pleased with his numbers last night (wish I could've seen the game). I've been a fan from day one (he was the one I wanted the Thunder to draft if they stayed at no. 12), but his improvement has been astounding. Some analysts didn't have him contributing for 2-3 years. I agree, dan, that he should see regular season minutes, but if he is only going to get 15 minutes a game there will be opportunities to send him down to Tulsa 6-7 times a year to get starter minutes (like they did with PJlll last year).

It's hard to optimism about this kid to a manageable level, but he's handled everything Brooks has thrown at him so far! Where can I get a no. 12 jersey?

If you're getting 15 minutes a game you're not going to Tulsa. Tulsa is for players who are not in the rotation.

From today's practice -

Reggie Jackson on Russell Westbrook: "One of the dunks (today), he went up and looked like the old Russell, plus some, head at the rim."
    — Anthony Slater (@anthonyVslater) October 21, 2013

15. Default Re: OKC Thunder 2013 - 2014

From today's practice -

Reggie Jackson on Russell Westbrook: "One of the dunks (today), he went up and looked like the old Russell, plus some, head at the rim."
    — Anthony Slater (@anthonyVslater) October 21, 2013
    I saw that on dailythunder.com, I'm trying to hold my optimism in check.

Where can I get a no. 12 jersey?
    You can order one off NBAThunderShop.com or if you go to a game, they will make one there while you wait in one of their lower level shops.

I saw that on dailythunder.com, I'm trying to hold my optimism in check.
    Why? He's a Top 10 player in the league and his knee is as exactly as it was before the Beverly injury. He may be rusty to start the season, but Westbrook's development at this point in his career is 75%+ Mental, so him being out was not necessarily a big hamper on his development.

No reason Westbrook won't be at least 115% of last year's Westbrook. Unless you as a general rule hold back optimism for Top 10 players, then feel free to let it go, and I think your expectations, so long as they're reasonable, will be met.

Correction: Top 5

And I would take Russ over Harden any day of the week.

19. Default Re: OKC Thunder 2013 - 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    Why? He's a Top 10 player in the league and his knee is as exactly as it was before the Beverly injury. He may be rusty to start the season, but Westbrook's development at this point in his career is 75%+ Mental, so him being out was not necessarily a big hamper on his development.

No reason Westbrook won't be at least 115% of last year's Westbrook. Unless you as a general rule hold back optimism for Top 10 players, then feel free to let it go, and I think your expectations, so long as they're reasonable, will be met.
    For the record, I was trying to temper my optimism on RW returning earlier than predicted.

For the record, I was trying to temper my optimism on RW returning earlier than predicted.
    ah...makes sense.

It's annoying me that some people are saying "he's out until December" when 6 weeks is mid-December. 4 weeks would be still in November (right around Thanksgiving). We should see him against New York on Christmas Day...I just hope he's back by the 10th of December to get his feet under him before OKC's tough stretch in late December:

12/19 - CHI
    12/21 - @SA
    12/22 - TOR
    12/25 - @NYK
    12/27 - @CHA
    12/29 - HOU
    12/31 - POR
    1/2 - BRK
    1/4 - @MIN

With the team heading up the road tomorrow to play the Bulls, this seems like a timely piece:

Wichita's NBA fans dare to be different | Wichita Eagle

It's about the struggles of being an NBA fan in Wichita.

Nice. I lived in Wichita the last two years and I caught the game in Wichita last season (Harden's Thunder last game). They get a lot of Thunder games on Fox Sports that could help develop a nice little fan base that's only a 2.5 hour drive from OKC. The Thunder should always play a preseason game in Tulsa and Wichita.

Blog Entries

Adams needs to be on the floor more minutes than Perk. He's passed Hash, and I think he's passed Perk......I hope those in charge see it that way.

25. Default Re: OKC Thunder 2013 - 2014

Adams needs to be on the floor more minutes than Perk. He's passed Hash, and I think he's passed Perk......I hope those in charge see it that way.
    I've really been impressed with Adams. I want to see him spend a lot of time on the floor. I can see some opponents\situations where Perks' defensive presence would be better than having Adams on the floor. Even that will change when Adams has more experience defending.

Thread Information