Quote Originally Posted by HOT ROD View Post
^++

I L O V E to see/hear the service businesses returning to downtown. So hard to believe that OKC killed all of the Optometrists, Pharmacists, cleaners, tailors, cobblers, salons, boutiques, barbershops, daycares, photographers, radio/tv/production studios, etc that are so commonplace in other major cities' downtowns.

I look forward to the return of these ESSENTIAL small businesses in storefronts throughout AAlley, the CBD, midtown, Bricktown, DDeuce, Film Row, Arts District, SoSa, and C2S. We need these businesses back and we need them FULL - that's the "downtown experience" (and the real working downtown economy) not JUST big events and venues, or lunch-only restaurants and office towers.
Although we I agree we are severely lacking on options, wouldn't say all. I use a downtown chiropractor, a downtown tailor, a downtown, eye doctor, i get prescriptions filled downtown sometimes, KOSU is down the street from me, fashion cleaners is over on 6th street not far from the YMCA day care. Several places for haircuts. Not sure about photographers and for cobblers....I take my shoes to Cleo at the courthouse and he gets them done so wouldn't say there is a cobbler downtown but I am not really sure where there is one in the city at all as it appears to be dying profession with everyone buying throwaway shoes.

I agree that we need more actual storefronts with these businesses instead of being in concourse or inside office buildings which would bring back street life and the hustle and bustle of a city