Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pontiac Building

Default Re: Pontiac Building

Quote Originally Posted by HOT ROD View Post
    ^++

I L O V E to see/hear the service businesses returning to downtown. So hard to believe that OKC killed all of the Optometrists, Pharmacists, cleaners, tailors, cobblers, salons, boutiques, barbershops, daycares, photographers, radio/tv/production studios, etc that are so commonplace in other major cities' downtowns.

I look forward to the return of these ESSENTIAL small businesses in storefronts throughout AAlley, the CBD, midtown, Bricktown, DDeuce, Film Row, Arts District, SoSa, and C2S. We need these businesses back and we need them FULL - that's the "downtown experience" (and the real working downtown economy) not JUST big events and venues, or lunch-only restaurants and office towers.
    Although we I agree we are severely lacking on options, wouldn't say all. I use a downtown chiropractor, a downtown tailor, a downtown, eye doctor, i get prescriptions filled downtown sometimes, KOSU is down the street from me, fashion cleaners is over on 6th street not far from the YMCA day care. Several places for haircuts. Not sure about photographers and for cobblers....I take my shoes to Cleo at the courthouse and he gets them done so wouldn't say there is a cobbler downtown but I am not really sure where there is one in the city at all as it appears to be dying profession with everyone buying throwaway shoes.

I agree that we need more actual storefronts with these businesses instead of being in concourse or inside office buildings which would bring back street life and the hustle and bustle of a city

A+ ^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    Although we I agree we are severely lacking on options, wouldn't say all. I use a downtown chiropractor, a downtown tailor, a downtown, eye doctor, i get prescriptions filled downtown sometimes, KOSU is down the street from me, fashion cleaners is over on 6th street not far from the YMCA day care. Several places for haircuts. Not sure about photographers and for cobblers....I take my shoes to Cleo at the courthouse and he gets them done so wouldn't say there is a cobbler downtown but I am not really sure where there is one in the city at all as it appears to be dying profession with everyone buying throwaway shoes.

I agree that we need more actual storefronts with these businesses instead of being in concourse or inside office buildings which would bring back street life and the hustle and bustle of a city
    Shoe Clinic

9107 N Council Rd. Oklahoma City, OK 73132. (405) 722-9699
    550 E Memorial Rd. Oklahoma City, OK 73114. (405) 751-6020

Al at the Memorial Rd store and Donna at the N Council store. Husband and wife.

Quote Originally Posted by mkjeeves View Post
    Shoe Clinic

9107 N Council Rd. Oklahoma City, OK 73132. (405) 722-9699
    550 E Memorial Rd. Oklahoma City, OK 73114. (405) 751-6020

Al at the Memorial Rd store and Donna at the N Council store. Husband and wife.
    thanks for posting this i just had this need pop up last week

Ziegler's in Casady Square. Britton Road across the street from the Village Fire Department. Been fixing shoes, purses and leather goods for over 50 years IIRC

Quote Originally Posted by Dob Hooligan View Post
    Ziegler's in Casady Square. Britton Road across the street from the Village Fire Department. Been fixing shoes, purses and leather goods for over 50 years IIRC
    also thank you

British Petroleum has completely moved out of this building.

The entire 2nd floor and part of the first is now for lease.

That looks like a really fun environment to work in. I suppose the individual offices might be a lot more boring.

Lots of great office space left behind by failing energy companies: Chesapeake, SandRidge, BP, Tapstone, Devon space not taken in the BOK Park Plaza... Many more.

I'm just gonna say it...the chairs around the glass table in Pete's 4th picture look like an uncomfortable nightmare lol

Blog Entries

It's a beautiful space but the glass doors on the offices/rooms are problematic... when on a tour of it a few years ago I tried to walk into a conference room and walked full speed, square into the glass door (it was SO clean and spotless). Now you might think, Shawn, you're just a dolt, no one else would do that, but then moments after I did, someone else on the tour did it trying to walk into an office.......

Thread Information