Widgets Magazine

Thread: Gunite Pool Builder Recommendation--OKC?

Default Gunite Pool Builder Recommendation--OKC?

Can anyone recommend a reputable and reasonable gunite pool contractor in OKC? The two businesses I have contacted thus far have quoted me prices of $65-$70k for a basic, no frills pool with diving board, roughly 18X36. I assumed I could do this for $35-$40k--am I delusional? I, and especially the two expensive midgets who are driving this whole endeavor, would greatly appreciate any help!

Default Re: Gunite Pool Builder Recommendation--OKC?

Try Tidalwave in Norman. He did a gunite pool for me back in 1992 and was very reasonable and good. This is the time of year to make a deal......pool prices are negotiable keep in mind.

Bellaboo, thanks, I really appreciate the rec!

BronchoSilverback,
    Cardinal Pools built my pool in 1980 and I was pleased with their work. I think the price was competitive too. That's a long time ago, so I don't know what they are like now.
    C. T.

Thanks C.T.! They are the third builder I met with, but no bid yet.

BronchoSilverback,
    My pool is 16' X 39' in a wedge shape so it's 14 1/2' wide in the deep end and 18 1/2' wide in the shallow end, depth is 3 1/2' in the shallow end and 9 1/2' in the deep end. Diving board, no slide and no heater. It cost $12,300 in 1980. I can't believe the prices you are seeing, but it has been 33 years!
    C. T.

C.T., it sounds like you got a deal. My first two bids were from high end companies who tend to do work in the wealthier neighborhoods. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Cardinal.

Terry Sanford with Speedway Pools. mainly pool service company but he build a couple of pools a year. He built mine last year and I want to say the initial pool for basic pool was high 30's to low forties but we ended up adding heater, fountains, tanning deck, remote controls, nicer tiles and a lot of concrete so we ended up quite a bit higher so can't give a better price comparison.

His number is 745-7557. Been in business many years and runs several service crews so not fly by night.

Thanks Jeepnokc!

BronchoSilverback,
    It actually was a little high in 1980. I suspect today's prices are comparable when adjusted for inflation.
    C. T.
    Quote Originally Posted by BronchoSilverback View Post
    C.T., it sounds like you got a deal. My first two bids were from high end companies who tend to do work in the wealthier neighborhoods. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Cardinal.

Fox Pools - Mike Sanford

Do you all know if any of the companies mentioned can install an automatic pool cover? I have an existing automatic cover that needs replacing and I'm having trouble finding someone to do it.

By the way, I have a desire to get rid of my pool and the quoted price for a complete removal, electrical, plumbing, concrete/gunite, not including landscaping is more than I paid for my pool in 1980, $12,500. If it sounds crazy, I lost my wife in 2005 and it has not been taken care of since 2004 when she was diagnosed. I don't believe in swimming alone (my lifesaver training) and it's too expensive to keep up when it's not being used.
    C. T.

Bringin this thread back from the grave.....

We've recently decided to explore the possibility of putting a gunnite pool in the backyard. Does anyone have experiences (good or bad) with specific companies?

We've talked with a few companies already and received some bids. Prices are fairly similar, but construction methods (wall thickness, size of re-bar, etc.) differ enough that we wonder which company makes the best product.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mobstam View Post

We've recently decided to explore the possibility of putting a gunnite pool in the backyard. Does anyone have experiences (good or bad) with specific companies?

We've talked with a few companies already and received some bids. Prices are fairly similar, but construction methods (wall thickness, size of re-bar, etc.) differ enough that we wonder which company makes the best product.
    Mobstam, we put in a gunnite pool exactly 1 year ago. We used Blue Haven. I think they did a great job on the construction aspect and the pool itself, but service, communication, and everything else since then has been less than impressive. I honestly think if they put forth some effort in customer service, coupled with positive marketing, they would be the real deal, and even make more $$$. If you want to talk, send me a PM and we can discuss. We live near SW 119th and Meridian, and you are welcome to come check it out if you like.

Bryan

Quote Originally Posted by mobstam View Post

I like johnsons or blue wave

Thread Information