Widgets Magazine
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Oklahoma State next up for NCAA sanctions?

Default Re: Oklahoma State next up for NCAA sanctions?

SI is going down if flames
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uaOaV1S.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	137.8 KB 
ID:	4392  

Quote Originally Posted by td25er View Post
    SI is going down if flames
    no relevance

3. Default Re: Oklahoma State next up for NCAA sanctions?

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    no relevance
    I think what is being point out is the writers are questioning the objectification of women at OSU, while SI are themselves objectifying women.

4. Default Re: Oklahoma State next up for NCAA sanctions?

With that being said, how can you say there is no relevance? Unless, you are consciously turning a blind eye to help validate their series.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewmperry View Post
    With that being said, how can you say there is no relevance? Unless, you are consciously turning a blind eye to help validate their series.
    I believe it violates his posting premise: 2-4 words at a time, no context.

I'm not dense enough to believe that there weren't any issues at OSU, but I'm starting to really doubt that SI has any kind of "smoking gun" evidence that some of the posters here (and obviously the writers of the story) believe they have.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewmperry View Post
    if you think si's osu series and the website having a cheerleader of the week are related .. than I'm not sure i can help you ..

if you think si's osu series and the website having a cheerleader of the week are related .. than I'm not sure i can help you ..
    It's about objectifying women. How can SI, in a series of articles, decry that the college athletic system is allowing this to happen then post pictures (cheerleader of the week, NFL cheerleaders, SI Swim stuff, Extra Mustard pictures) that do the exact same thing?

Is that really so hard to see?

Quote Originally Posted by BrettM2 View Post
    It's about objectifying women. How can SI, in a series of articles, decry that the college athletic system is allowing this to happen then post pictures (cheerleader of the week, NFL cheerleaders, SI Swim stuff, Extra Mustard pictures) that do the exact same thing?

Is that really so hard to see?
    so implying that coaches may have pushed girls to have sex/ pushed football player host to "get recruits" laid ... is comparable to the swimsuit issue and nfl cheerleaders ...

wow .. again not sure i can help you ..

How can Evans every show his face in public again?

More gold...Johnson: SI report is ?bogus? » Sports » Tahlequah Daily Press

"...In a story released by Sports Illustrated on Thursday, Johnson — who missed playing time because of a knee injury — was used as an example to expose the inconsistencies in Oklahoma State’s drug policy. In the report, Johnson was quoted as saying, “If I didn’t get hurt, I probably could have p—ssed dirty again and they would have been like, ‘just don’t do it.’ But when I got hurt it was a whole different [story]. They were just going to find a way to get me off the team.” When told of the quote in the widely-known national sports publication, Johnson told the Tahlequah Daily Press, “I never said that. I told them, ‘I p—ssed dirty. That’s why I left.’” ..."-

"...Johnson said he was led to believe that Evans wanted to catch up with him and see how his career was panning out after his days at Oklahoma State. ..."-

"...A Northeastern State official confirmed that Evans circumvented the system and set up an interview without getting permission from the university...."

How can Evans every show his face in public again?

More gold...Johnson: SI report is ?bogus? » Sports » Tahlequah Daily Press

"...In a story released by Sports Illustrated on Thursday, Johnson — who missed playing time because of a knee injury — was used as an example to expose the inconsistencies in Oklahoma State’s drug policy. In the report, Johnson was quoted as saying, “If I didn’t get hurt, I probably could have p—ssed dirty again and they would have been like, ‘just don’t do it.’ But when I got hurt it was a whole different [story]. They were just going to find a way to get me off the team.” When told of the quote in the widely-known national sports publication, Johnson told the Tahlequah Daily Press, “I never said that. I told them, ‘I p—ssed dirty. That’s why I left.’” ..."-

"...Johnson said he was led to believe that Evans wanted to catch up with him and see how his career was panning out after his days at Oklahoma State. ..."-

"...A Northeastern State official confirmed that Evans circumvented the system and set up an interview without getting permission from the university...."
    because he didn't write the story .. and all the tapes were listened to and someone else wrote the story ..

again if SI is lying .. sue them ... and then the tapes will come out .. i don't think osu or any of the players want that

implying
    That's all they did. Implied... no named sources, no proof (offered; if they have it, they didn't put it in the article). If the coaches did this, I have no sympathy for them. But at no point does it say it happened.

Why are you so quick to accept everything in these articles?

Quote Originally Posted by BrettM2 View Post
    That's all they did. Implied... no named sources, no proof (offered; if they have it, they didn't put it in the article). If the coaches did this, I have no sympathy for them. But at no point does it say it happened.

Why are you so quick to accept everything in these articles?
    never said that accepted anything from the articles ... but they did interview players and ex coaches/staff members ..

if you think none of it is true you have your head in the sand i think there is little doubt the joe deforest was/is dirty

never said that accepted anything from the articles ... but they did interview players and ex coaches/staff members ..

if you think none of it is true you have your head in the sand i think there is little doubt the joe deforest was/is dirty
    You obviously don't read full posts because I never said none of this was true; I'd be shocked if it turns out absolutely nothing happened. I just don't think it was an institutionalized endeavor. I don't need you to tell me if my head is in the sand or anywhere else. I've learned that, at least when it comes to OSU, there are several posters here who will believe anything that looks bad. That's fine; I'm not here to change your mind. But I'm also not going to believe everything in a report that has been slammed by many of the ex-players who were interviewed. I'm not going to believe reporters who didn't even bother to interview (or even request an interview!) with OSU's academic director about academic misconduct.

I'll wait for the independent investigator and the NCAA to take a look. If they come out with the same evidence, then I will criticize my alma mater more fiercely than anyone. I hope that OSU will take a serious look at everything and make sure nothing like this can ever happen on campus (or again, if all this is really true). Just because I don't accept these reports as gospel truth as you do...

14. Default Re: Oklahoma State next up for NCAA sanctions?

because he didn't write the story .. and all the tapes were listened to and someone else wrote the story ..

again if SI is lying .. sue them ... and then the tapes will come out .. i don't think osu or any of the players want that
    That's what everybody wants. Literally every player that commented has said, listen to the tapes, I didn't say that. What is wrong with you? It's like you are just ignoring every bit of evidence that has come out that is saying this stuff is wrong, and for what? To see OSU go down? How do you benefit from that?

so implying that coaches may have pushed girls to have sex/ pushed football player host to "get recruits" laid ... is comparable to the swimsuit issue and nfl cheerleaders ...

wow .. again not sure i can help you ..
    Not sure I can help you after the fact of jumping off the bridge cause apparently you believe everything you read when it comes to your little brother football program being written about.

Oklahoma State football: Analyzing Sports Illustrated's Sex installment | News OK

Berry Tramel has done a decent job of analyzing each segment, and I especially feel this one is spot on.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ku-medium.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	79.5 KB 
ID:	4393

This certainly gets a lot right about the situation.

Jeff Pearlman

Former Orange Pride Member: 'We Were Never 1-On-1 With Recruits - NewsOn6.com - Tulsa, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports - KOTV.com |

Oh look, the named orange pride member from SI both wasn't in orange pride, and wasn't even enrolled in the time period that SI says she was. Good fact checking...

Quote Originally Posted by ou48A View Post
    This certainly gets a lot right about the situation.

Jeff Pearlman
    He has something in common with Thayer. He likes to lead. Doesn't matter who. Thayer led his interviewees. Pearlman is leading his readers.

Innocent until proven guilty.

Oklahoma State alumni will demand a clean system even if only 20% of the crap that has been alleged is true. Who wouldn't?

So beyond sharing this guys piece, what's your point?

What I'd like to see be done is that when you sign that letter of intent to play at whatever school you choose to play at, it should be deemed by contract that if you play in college sports, get caught doing something against NCAA regulations, or even certain team violations that aren't disclosed to the public, that you can never have a future in youth/adult sports programs on any level (elementary, middle school, high school, college, or professional). Think about that! How many college athletes that get a degree or leave college early to play professional sports end up being in coaching or some other career aspect associated with sports?? I think that would make a lot of college players second guess their decisions based on the potential affect it could have on their future self. How hard would that be?

no relevance
    Fan's and the local media can scream all they want about SI and the holes in the article but it has “no relevance” to the end game..... OSU WILL still be extensively investigated by the NCAA.

When the NCAA is involved they are going to find things that SI never would.
    The good news for the pokes is that from all appearances they are fully cooperating with the NCAA, this will likely help reduce any sanctions.

I'm to the point where I truly think this story is 100% fiction. Some of it might actually go on, but Evans and the other guy completely made up everything they wrote. There is 0 evidence. My 7 th grade English teacher would give me an F if I turned that crap in.

I don't think it is 100% made up, much like some of the OU scandals in the late 80's there are pieces of truth that get blown out of proportion and embellished by the media who take that and run with it.

Quote Originally Posted by ou48A View Post
    Fan's and the local media can scream all they want about SI and the holes in the article but it has “no relevance” to the end game..... OSU WILL still be extensively investigated by the NCAA.

When the NCAA is involved they are going to find things that SI never would.
    The good news for the pokes is that from all appearances they are fully cooperating with the NCAA, this will likely help reduce any sanctions.
    Looks like 48 has been hangin out in the "weed circle". I suppose the NCAA is going to find out all sorts of things on reported transgressions that our outside their statute of limitations with their amazing power to depose people? Please.

Brandon Everage wants his bong back.

I'm to the point where I truly think this story is 100% fiction. Some of it might actually go on, but Evans and the other guy completely made up everything they wrote. There is 0 evidence. My 7 th grade English teacher would give me an F if I turned that crap in.
    Supposedly, they have recorded interviews.....

Thread Information