Widgets Magazine
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Oklahoma State next up for NCAA sanctions?

Default Re: Oklahoma State next up for NCAA sanctions?

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    osu has some "loyal and True" fans ... just not enough to ever have a home sell out in the HISTORY of BP stadium

and that is with the growth of the fan base in the last 10 years ... in 2003 osu went 9-4 and averaged 44k a game at home ..
    Well there's 100 stadium suites so until more people trade in their Maserati to buy football tickets we're pretty pleased with what we call "virtual sellouts"

You should really refrain from making posts where you have no idea what you're talking about.

OSU Re: Oklahoma State next up for NCAA sanctions?

Quote Originally Posted by andrewmperry View Post
    When did anyone ever say anything about a large fan base? Everyone knows that OSU has a small fan base. I don't think we have sold out BPS ever, and were ranked #3 in 2011. My point is that no one is jumping ship because of some negative light on the University they love. How did you guys turn this into something else?
    Its because they're Sooner fans and unfortunately there are some Sooner fans that misconstrue things because they don't understand them. Fortunately, I've heard numerous Sooner fans call into The Franchise OR even former OU football players, like Kelly Gregg, who think that all of this is asinine.

Trust me, a ton of us are gonna have to eat some major crow if ALL of this is true and I don't doubt that some things are true but A LOT of Day 1 story info was sooooooooooooo I don't know how to explain it other than Id shoot myself for doing something so stupid if I really did that. So, yeah, go on and keep talking crap ou48a and sooner5327 or 5349 or whatever your screen name is and, oh yeah...

GO POKES!

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    Well there's 100 stadium suites so until more people trade in their Maserati to buy football tickets we're pretty pleased with what we call "virtual sellouts"

You should really refrain from making posts where you have no idea what you're talking about.
    osu has never sold out its club level seats ... much less the dark suites ..

Blog Entries

Looking on the bright side...

Sports Illustrated has given Oklahoma State's football program more advertising than the best package anyone could have crafted on New York's Madison Avenue.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCisOK4me View Post
    Its because they're Sooner fans and unfortunately there are some Sooner fans that misconstrue things because they don't understand them. Fortunately, I've heard numerous Sooner fans call into The Franchise OR even former OU football players, like Kelly Gregg, who think that all of this is asinine.

Trust me, a ton of us are gonna have to eat some major crow if ALL of this is true and I don't doubt that some things are true but A LOT of Day 1 story info was sooooooooooooo I don't know how to explain it other than Id shoot myself for doing something so stupid if I really did that. So, yeah, go on and keep talking crap ou48a and sooner5327 or 5349 or whatever your screen name is and, oh yeah...

GO POKES!
    Some of you really are delusional (like this^) and are believing way to much of the local media's spin that has at times present inaccurate facts about this.

I have seen how this works before …..
    Back in the day there were several Texas news papers over several years that accused OU of cheating because OU was recruiting black players when UT and most others in Texas would not take blacks to any great extent. About 80% to 90% of what they wrote about OU was false......but the damage was done and the image was cast and the 10% to 20% or so that was true was more than enough to get OU in serious trouble with the NCAA.,,,

OU (the university) was never accused of doing anything near as bad as what SI is accusing OSU people of doing..... The NCAA and perhaps the OSBI will be looking into possible academic fraud, possible drug usage and perhaps underage sex crimes. The payments to players could have tax fraud implications...
    Nobody knows what's going to happen yet with the NCAA, but the delusion factor here and else where is pretty freaking high right now with many pokes and even others.
    Our states Governor is said to be following this very closely.

Quote Originally Posted by ou48A View Post
    OU (the university) was never accused of doing anything near as bad as what SI is accusing OSU people of doing..... The NCAA and perhaps the OSBI will be looking into possible academic fraud, possible drug usage and perhaps underage sex crimes. The payments to players could have tax fraud implications...
    Nobody knows what's going to happen yet with the NCAA, but the delusion factor here and else where is pretty freaking high right now with many pokes and even others.
    Haha, this is what Im referring to when I say over the top dramatics. OSBI might investigate..? No way you can let your college allegiance cloud your judgment this much, can you?

9. Default Re: Oklahoma State next up for NCAA sanctions?

Quote Originally Posted by onthestrip View Post
    Haha, this is what Im referring to when I say over the top dramatics. OSBI might investigate..? No way you can let your college allegiance cloud your judgment this much, can you?
    I went to OU. I'm an OU fan. I really don't see how throwing stones is going to help in this case. I hope OSU makes it through this and if some of this crap is still on going, that they get it fixed and the people responsible are held accountable. We should know all to well how close to home something like this can hit. Of course everyone worships King Switzer that they forget some of the shady stuff that went out during his tenure.

Here is my question, if the NCAA decides to dig into this, to see if any of this is going on today, why wouldn't they go visit Les Miles at LSU and those other assistant coaches who are accused of doing this stuff? I guess I can see looking at OSU to make sure it isn't still happening there, but surely they will look at the actual people who are accused, right?

Quote Originally Posted by venture79 View Post
    I went to OU. I'm an OU fan. I really don't see how throwing stones is going to help in this case. I hope OSU makes it through this and if some of this crap is still on going, that they get it fixed and the people responsible are held accountable. We should know all to well how close to home something like this can hit. Of course everyone worships King Switzer that they forget some of the shady stuff that went out during his tenure.
    Well put. As is often the case, time obscures history, and there were plenty of skeletons in Switzer's closet. And if you read about some of his antics while he was coach down in Dallas, you'd know he didn't change much while in that capacity. If there's something going on up there at Stillwater, get it cleaned up, and let's just move on. If not, get the truth out, and move on. The black eye this stuff casts doesn't help anyone, whether their allegiances are to Norman or Stillwater.

I've been an OU fan since I was 8, an OU grad since '86, and I find all of this stuff just...manifestly unpleasant. And some of the stuff apparently to come may rank with the downright disgusting. I take no "pleasure" in OSU's problems, because they reflect on the whole state, not just the school. Oklahoma, the state, doesn't need this kind of publicity. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by OSUMom View Post
    Here is my question, if the NCAA decides to dig into this, to see if any of this is going on today, why wouldn't they go visit Les Miles at LSU and those other assistant coaches who are accused of doing this stuff? I guess I can see looking at OSU to make sure it isn't still happening there, but surely they will look at the actual people who are accused, right?
    I think some recent NCAA legislation affords them the latitude to do precisely that, or at least if any penalties are assessed toward a coach, those penalties follow the coach.

OSU has obviously hit big time relevancy now. Jay Leno is making jokes about this on the Tonight Show. Welcome to the club, Pokes.

They will, and there's precedent. That's why Pete Carrol and Skip Kelly jumped to the NFL -- to avoid punishment. Make no mistake, Lester the molester is in the NCAA's sights.

Quote Originally Posted by onthestrip View Post
    You’re still living in a fantasy land I see.
    Things like academic fraud, underage sex and drug usage is or could be against the law. It's only right that a state investigative agency such as the OSBI would look into the issue. You are nuts if you don't think this will at least be looked at by legal authority’s.

One of the most disgusting elements in all this is how pokes like you cling to ready made excuses and are actually part of the problem with the OSU culture rather than part of the solution. We have seen this same type of reaction before many times when people defend those who are guilty.... We saw this in a big way recently in Happy Valley

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    They will, and there's precedent. That's why Pete Carrol and Skip Kelly jumped to the NFL -- to avoid punishment. Make no mistake, Lester the molester is in the NCAA's sights.
    +1 and Lester knows it.

17. Default Re: Oklahoma State next up for NCAA sanctions?

As an OU fan, I am taking all of this with a grain of salt until more information comes out. I see an SI series that has a whole lot of allegations - many of which may be true, I don't know. But I also see a lot of key players in the articles as athletes who were either dismissed, transferred or dead. I also see players being quoted who are saying they were misquoted. I see allegations about people doing things that an awful lot of people are saying simply wouldn't have done such things (doesn't mean they didn't do these things, I know). I just see an awful lot of doubt being cast at the accuracy of the SI allegations. As for the taped recordings. Those don't mean a thing because they can be manipulated.

Things like academic fraud, underage sex and drug usage is or could be against the law. It's only right that a state investigative agency such as the OSBI would look into the issue. You are nuts if you don't think this will at least be looked at by legal authority’s.
    Underage sex? That's the first I've heard about that. They haven't come out with that part if the articles yet. Do you have information that it will mention that?

The NCAA and perhaps the OSBI will be looking into possible academic fraud, possible drug usage and perhaps underage sex crimes. The payments to players could have tax fraud implications...
    Wth are you talking about. First off, as previously stated on the radio show, the age of consent in Oklahoma is 16 and you can do so legally up to age 19 if you are the opposite sex. Male recruits are usually 16, if not in most cases 17 or 18 and I'm 100% certain that there are no girls in the Orange Pride group that were under the age of 18.

You need to check yourself before you wreck yourself. Read what I wrote again, especially the second paragraph.

Quote Originally Posted by ljbab728 View Post
    Underage sex? That's the first I've heard about that. They haven't come out with that part if the articles yet. Do you have information that it will mention that?
    No, he's throwing a bone out there because he has no clue what he's talking about...

Pretty much every body who was "interviewed" has come out and said their comments were taken out of context and that Evans lied to them. These articles are nothing. Made up.

FWIW, the age of consent in OK, male or female, is age 16. There's not a window there, and the partner can be anywhere from 16 to 80+. Folks can decide on their own at what point the age spread gets an ick factor attached. The exception would be if one has a position of power over the other that negates any otherwise consensual act. Typical examples being teachers and jailers.

Whatever else may or may not have happened at OSU over the years, I'm fairly confident there were no folks under age 16 in the mix, either as a recruit or as a hostess.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCisOK4me View Post
    Wth are you talking about. First off, as previously stated on the radio show, the age of consent in Oklahoma is 16 and you can do so legally up to age 19 if you are the opposite sex. Male recruits are usually 16, if not in most cases 17 or 18 and I'm 100% certain that there are no girls in the Orange Pride group that were under the age of 18.

You need to check yourself before you wreck yourself. Read what I wrote again, especially the second paragraph.

No, he's throwing a bone out there because he has no clue what he's talking about...
    It's not that unusual for recruits to make visits to campuses under the age of 16... That is fact.

This is what a former NCAA investigator had to say about what could happen to OSU.
    Watch Brent Clark on the video.
    Keep in mind that at the time of this video he had only seen the first 2 articles.

Former NCAA Investigator Weighs In On What's Next For OSU - News9.com - Oklahoma City, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports |

This is exactly the same type of activities that got SMU the death penalty. Now, the NCAA is never going to give any school the death penalty in any sport again, because of what it did to SMU. Now, as an OU grad/fan, I would love to see the NCAA put the hammer down on aggot state. I would like to see the death penaly, won't happen. The state of Oklahoma without osu would be nirvana for most OU folk. OSU is like a damn little dog that is yapping at your heels all the time. Annoying as hell, but, overall irrelevant.

I can't tell if the OU people here are trolling or not, but it is sad if OU fans feel this way. How pathetic is your life to want bad stuff to happen to a university in your OWN STATE? Did a hot OSU girl break your heart?

There is 100% proof that Thayer Evans made most of this up. ONE player is backing up his quotes. EVERYBODY else has said Evans misquoted them/took out of context/lied to them. There is ZERO proof of anything. Check out of Yahoo report today about SEC players receiving benefits.

Y! SPORTS

"...The identities of these players were revealed in a web of financial and text message records belonging to former Crimson Tide defensive end Luther Davis..."

ACTUAL PROOF

Thread Information