Widgets Magazine
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678
  1. Default Re: Road Construction in Edmond

Does anyone know if they plan to add traffic lights to the on/off ramps at Covell / I-35? This area continues to get worse, especially at high traffic times or when Francis Tuttle classes let out. It will only get worse as more businesses open up at the interchange.

2. Default Re: Road Construction in Edmond

For those interested, I asked the City of Edmond via twitter if they planned to put traffic lights here. They responded to me that it was ODOT's responsibility and call because of I-35. So I asked ODOT via twitter. They DM'd me and said it was the City of Edmond's responsibility and that they would clear that up with them.

3. Default Re: Road Construction in Edmond

Quote Originally Posted by brianinok View Post
    For those interested, I asked the City of Edmond via twitter if they planned to put traffic lights here. They responded to me that it was ODOT's responsibility and call because of I-35. So I asked ODOT via twitter. They DM'd me and said it was the City of Edmond's responsibility and that they would clear that up with them.
    Unbelievable how uncoordinated ODOT, OTA, cities and OG&E are from each other, this is the 21st freaking century, how can they *still* be this stupid?

Default Re: Road Construction in Edmond

Does anyone know if they plan to add traffic lights to the on/off ramps at Covell / I-35? This area continues to get worse, especially at high traffic times or when Francis Tuttle classes let out. It will only get worse as more businesses open up at the interchange.
    They put in a light at the golf course that gets ~200 cars a day, what more do you want? Oh and they put in the no U-turn sign so city employees could get out easier, blocking the the ramp traffic even more. Outside of annoyance to city employees, there is no justification for that sign.

I would think it was ODOT's responsibility, since they own the interchanges and they also are who just did all the road improvements right there. The city should be pushing them to install lights though.

According to recent minutes the Covell Parkway has been downgraded from a divided road with a median to no media and the blame is laying on the bike master plan which makes no sense. I really dislike the current mayor and hearing this from him just makes me angry but what can you do. The section between BLVD. and Coltrane will be a typical undivided road with no median.

It appears on this issue I actually agree with the new mayor which is shocking to me:

A good read:

https://www.edmondsun.com/news/local...1a5c4af14.html

Edmond Re: Road Construction in Edmond

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    It appears on this issue I actually agree with the new mayor which is shocking to me:

A good read:

https://www.edmondsun.com/news/local...1a5c4af14.html
    Same. Keep Covell wide and divided and continue the same design from I-35 to Portland (or just past Santa Fe/city limits)

The current section of Covell between Santa Fe to Blvd/Broadway is so desirable because it is wide, and has a divided median the entire length.

^^^^^^^^^^ !!

Plus, I'd like to see them give Covell traffic light advantage to make it a primary east-west artery from l-35 to the Parkway.

Thread Information