Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Road Construction in Edmond

Default Re: Road Construction in Edmond

Additional Boulevard Mill and Overlay to begin next Monday

Work to resurface a one and a half mile section of Boulevard Road is slated to begin Monday, October 6th. The project is expected to take approximately three weeks with cooperative weather.

The area of Boulevard Road to be resurfaced is from 15th Street to the south city limits (just south of Smiling Hill Boulevard). The south bound lanes will be closed with traffic being rerouted to one lane each direction in the north bound lanes. Once the south bound lanes have been completed, work will begin on the north bound lanes with traffic diverted to the south bound lanes. Motorists should expect delays and are encouraged to find an alternate route if possible.

This resurfacing is part of the scheduled 2014-15 Mill & Overlay projects for the City of Edmond. Atlas Paving is the contractor for these projects with a total cost of $3,977,174.

- Edmond, OK - Official Website

"9th Street & University Drive Closed for Repairs

Beginning Thursday morning and running through the weekend, the intersection of 9th Street & University Drive will be closed to fix a problem with a major drainage pipe. Motorists will need to find an alternate route during the day, but the intersection will reopen to one way traffic in the evenings.

Work is being done at this time to coincide with Fall Break and minimize the impact on school traffic."

33rd and Broadway

Work at busy intersection

Utility relocations for the improvements at 33rd Street and Broadway are expected to be complete in the next 45 days, City Manager Larry Stevens said. The project will include additional westbound to southbound left turn lanes, dual southbound to eastbound left turn lanes, and single westbound and eastbound right turn lanes. A median will be installed on 33rd Street east of Broadway and this area will be widened as well. The Oklahoma Department of Transportation hopes to bid the actual road construction in March of next year. The estimated cost is $6 million with federal funding providing 51 percent of the cost and the city paying 49 percent from the 2000 capital improvements sales tax.

- Edmond Exchange for Oct. 17, 2014 | News OK

Covell Parkway update

The original design contract in the amount of $2,219,000 was approved by City Council on April 9, 2007. Several issues have arisen that facilitate need for a design amendment for the Covell Parkway.

First, during the City Council Budget Hearings it was requested that an interim solution be developed for the intersections of Covell and Bryant and Santa Fe and Covell. The interim solution will be to widen the intersection to provide for left-turn lanes in all directions. The fee for Covell and Bryant is $79,400 and for Covell and Santa Fe is $100,700. With the opening of the new aquatic center and continued growth these intersections are experiencing severe congestion.

The second issue is the recent purchase of land by the Edmond Public Schools at the southeast corner of Air Depot and Covell. In order to prepare for the eventual construction of a fourth high school, the section of Covell one-half mile east of Air Depot and Air Depot one-half mile south of Covell need to be designed. The fee for this service is $183,500.

The third issue is updating and expanding the Environmental Assessment to cover the new project extents to ensure this requirement is met to utilize federal matching funds for the construction. This fee is $30,000.

The last issue is modifying the plans for the area from Fairfax Boulevard to I-35. Numerous design changes have been and will be required due to the development occurring along the corridor. Changes will also be made to the design to eliminate impacts to adjoining property thereby eliminating any additional right-of-way, thereby expediting the project review by the Oklahoma Department of Transportation (ODOT) and saving hundreds of thousands of dollars in right-of-way costs. A traffic signal will also be designed at Fairfax Boulevard that lines up with a street for a proposed development on the south side of Covell. The fee for these services is $145,000.

- http://agenda.edmondok.com:8085/agen...#ReturnTo26792

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    ''Phase I, Intelligent Transportation System 2nd Street/Edmond Road Corridor Project
    This project consists of installing fiber optic cable and replacing the traffic signal cabinets and controllers and associated signal equipment at 22 intersections from Santa Fe Avenue, east to Saints Boulevard in order to bring them into compliance with the National Transportation Communication for Intelligent Transportation System Protocol (NTCIP) standards. The project will also include installation of wireless radios at four of the city water towers. These intersections will connect to the Traffic Management Center via fiber optics and wireless communication network.

The estimated construction cost is $2,700,000. The funding split will be 80% Federal funds and 20% City funds. The anticipated start date is in the fall of 2013''

- Edmond, OK - Official Website - Current Construction Projects
    October 2014 Update: Contract time began on Monday August 25, 2014. Contractor is currently trenching and boring for conduit installation at Edmond Rd and Santa Fe and working to the east. The installation of antenna/radios and fiber at the Post Rd, I-35, 33rd St, and Danforth water towers is ongoing.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    33rd and Broadway
    This project will provide for dual southbound and westbound left turn lanes, a single eastbound, westbound and southbound right turn lane. The entire intersection will be reconstructed in concrete pavement. Signal light modifications will accommodate the changes in lane configurations.

This project is part of the 2000 Sales Tax Improvements. The estimated construction cost is $4,936,296.62. The funding split is 60% Federal funds and 40% City funds. The anticipated start date is summer/fall of 2014.
    October 2014 Update: Utility companies continue with relocation of lines to accommodate the upcoming roadway construction. Utility companies are substantially complete. The Oklahoma Department of Transportation has this project on a tentative bid opening of March 2015 followed by a contract award in April 2015.

Kelly and 33rd

Traffic Alert: Lane Closures on Kelly North of 33rd Street

Beginning Monday, November 3rd, a private contractor will start construction of a center island on Kelly just north of 33rd Street. This work is being done in conjunction with the construction of the new OnCue Express at that location.

Traffic will be reduced to one lane each direction for approximately two weeks with favorable weather.

Uhg, I know this needs to be done, and I'm looking forward to the new OnCue, but the construction in that intersection the past few weeks has been driving me nuts!

I haven't really been in the area so I didn't know they were doing any kind of road work. I did get caught on Kelly during evening rush hour and I never realized how congested that Street gets

From The Sun

Drivers on Kelly just north of 33rd Street experienced traffic reduced to one lane in each direction on Monday.

A private contractor began the construction of a curbed median in conjunction with the construction of the new OnCue Express at that location, said Casey Moore, city spokesman. The work on Kelly is designed to help control traffic movements in and out of On Cue, he added.

“They will be adding a northbound left turn lane into the driveway at the north end of On Cue. The median will allow traffic exiting onto Kelly from the farthest south drive to only make a right turn to go south on Kelly,” Moore said.

Cimarron is the contractor doing the work for On Cue at a cost of $53,373. Construction time for the project is anticipated to last two weeks, depending on weather conditions, Moore said.

- Median work to last 2 weeks at Kelly/33rd for OnCue - The Edmond Sun: Local News

Street Repair on Broadway to Cause Closures

Work to repair multiple issues on southbound Broadway between Second Street & Fifth Street is slated to begin Monday, December 8th. The project is expected to take approximately one week with cooperative weather.

Several closures will be necessary for this project and include:

• The outside, southbound lane of Broadway between Second Street & Fifth Street
    • The inside, southbound turn lane from Second Street to Broadway
    • Third Street from Broadway to the railroad tracks

Motorists should expect delays and are encouraged to find an alternate route if possible.

These repairs are part of the ongoing Southpark Waterline Improvements project. Luckinbill Inc. is the contractor for this project with a total cost of $1,329,285.

I just wanted to disrupt your six in a row posts...

Quote Originally Posted by OKCisOK4me View Post
    I just wanted to disrupt your six in a row posts...
    You son-of-a-bitch! I was almost to seven and you completely ruined it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm not sure if I will ever get that chance again, and now, to be frank with you, I'm not even sure I want to anymore. I've been on here for a little over two years now, my food supplies have been running very low lately, trying to devise a plan to hit 7 in a row posts on one thread, and you sabotaged it. You awful fiend. I'm not sure if I can go on now.

Intelligent Transportation System Update

January 2015 Update: Contract time began on Monday August 25, 2014. Contractor is currently trenching and boring for conduit installation on Edmond Rd between Santa Fe and working east to Kelly. Conduit and pull boxes are complete. Contractor plans on installing a portion of the fiber optics cable in this first mile before proceeding east of Kelly. The installation of antenna/radios and fiber at the Post Rd, I-35, 33rd St, and Danforth water towers is ongoing.

33rd and Broadway Intersection Reconstruction Update

January 2015 Update: Utility companies have completed thier relocations to accommodate the upcoming roadway construction. The Oklahoma Department of Transportation has this project on the March 2015 bid opening followed by a contract award in April 2015.

Covell Parkway Update

#1: temporary solution for two intersections
    Covell and Santa Fe
    Covell and Bryant
    Short term improvements include construction of left turn lanes and left turn signal phasing. The project is fund with 100% City funds estimated at $1,500,000. Construction plans are currently being developed. The anticipated start date is spring/summer 2015.
    #2: I-35 area
    Covell Widening, Fairfax to I-35 Southbound on/off ramp
    This project will widen Covell to a four-lane divided roadway. There will be a section of widening east of Sooner six lanes wide to accommodate future commercial development. There will be left and right turn lanes at major commercial driveways. The project also includes widening the intersection of Covell and Sooner and will include a signal light as well as street lighting throughout the project

Estimated construction cost is $10,455,267.77. The City has secured 56% Federal funds in the amount of $5,905,800 with 44% of City funds in the amount of $4,549,467.77. The anticipated start date is unknown at this time.

January 2015 Update: The preliminary environmental study has been submitted along with the Right-of-Way plans. Once the environmental study is approved by FHWA the City can proceed with aquiring the necessary right-of-way easements.
    - http://edmondok.com/index.aspx?NID=801

No poop, lol.^^

Is it really a "big issue" or is it just the biggest "issue" that people can gripe about? People that visit from other cities just laugh when they hear this. Have you heard comments like, "So, from about 5:00 to 5:30, you might have to wait through two traffic light cycles before you make your turn? Oh... you poor thing!" Our city is roughly 7 X 13 miles. Most time you can get through it in 15 mins. North and South, 30 mins. East to West. Is it really a "big issue"?

Thread Information