Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Corvette

Default Re: New Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by RadicalModerate View Post
    As far as I'm concerned, The Corvette reached the apex of its body design in 1961.

I seem to recall that this was a year or two before the Sting Ray.
    (but i was only nine or ten years old at the time so i could be wrong.)
    I can believe it. I saw a red one just like it today at the Stillwater downtown car show. It was quite a standout beauty. If I had my camera with me, I would have taken a picture of it.

The Stingray was the 63-67 "mid-year" model, still my favorite body style. My wife would like a red/white 57, she prefers the dual headlights over the quad setup.

My personal favorite is the 1957 model. A friend raced one (semi pro) for about a year and it was a fast thing of beauty. Off topic of course, I really like the new Corvette from the pictures I have seen on this thread.
    C. T.

The new 'Vette looks so futuristic it should have been in the original version of "Tron"
    (ok . . . i admit it . . . it's one of the most beautiful vehicles i've ever seen . . . at least since '61 =)

(remake of old joke/interchangable situational metaphor, for possible use by Chevy Salestaff):
    "Dang . . . He looks as nervous as Steve Irwin at a Stingray Convention."
    (so tell me again just what it is you "have to think about" before we put you behind the wheel of this SuperCar . . .)

5. Default Re: New Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by bluedogok View Post
    I'm sure it is an improvement in every technical aspect just like every iteration starting with the C4 was an improvement, one reason why I wanted a C6 over a C5. At this point I am not going to spend that kind of money on a C7 (or any other car) and since I have only seen pics I haven't been won over by the styling, of course in person it may be a different story....still wouldn't buy one since my car budget doesn't go that high. Need to start building a SpecE36 or Spec Miata, that is where I intend to put the difference.
    Much cheaper to buy a spec Miata than to build one. One of the few times I'd ever say that...But it is what it is. If I wanted a spec Miata...I'd buy it already built. And heck...They're so cheap (I have TONS more money in just parts on my GTO than what a great trackday Miata would cost) I've thought about buying one just because. Wife keeps shooting me down though. She doesn't think men should have Miatas

Quote Originally Posted by stratosphere View Post
    Im jealous! What are your thoughts on the way the C7 drives vs the C6, other than what you've already stated?

*Rumor* has it the Z06 (or Z07, if that's what they decide to call it) would be a twin turbo V8. But again, only a rumor at this point.

Not sure how to describe it. I don't review cars

It's better than the C6 in just about every butt-measurable way. And the C6 is a fantastic car, so that's saying something. I should say that I've only driven a single stock C6 Corvette though. And it was the older (LS2) version. All the other C6's I've driven have been modded...Or Z06's. Or modded Z06's

/Got to drive a 900hp twin turbo Z06 in Dallas a couple of years ago, that was a heckuva car

I'll eat my shoe if Chevrolet puts a twin turbo on a Vette. Supercharging is much simpler and cheaper in my opinion.

Wow - that thing looks like what the child of a 575 Maranello and CTS-V would look like. Hopefully the quality control of the interior bits and the quality of the interior materials have been upgraded to match the price. Mechanically, the C6 and beyond have been excellent but cost savings were obviously a factor with the interior. If that has been corrected, that should elevate the Corvette into a truly world class sports car. Even with a "standard" 400+ bhp engine, if you throw on some of the GM chassis set-ups with the magnetic shocks and some carbon brakes, that thing should compare favorably against most any sports car.

7. Default Re: New Corvette

The interior is spectacular. The customization you can do with the gauge cluster alone is amazing.

And it's coming in base form with 455 horsepower. It scoots.

Quote Originally Posted by Oh GAWD the Smell! View Post
    Not sure how to describe it. I don't review cars

It's better than the C6 in just about every butt-measurable way. And the C6 is a fantastic car, so that's saying something. I should say that I've only driven a single stock C6 Corvette though. And it was the older (LS2) version. All the other C6's I've driven have been modded...Or Z06's. Or modded Z06's

/Got to drive a 900hp twin turbo Z06 in Dallas a couple of years ago, that was a heckuva car

I'll eat my shoe if Chevrolet puts a twin turbo on a Vette. Supercharging is much simpler and cheaper in my opinion.
    I don't want you to have to eat your shoe

Someone has apparently spotted a pair of Z07 mules in the wild in AZ
    not much details but cool to read

Spy Pictures - Corvette Forum

There are still a few older Corvettes around town. Spotted at the Edmond Farmer's Market Saturday morning. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	farmer's market sting ray.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	263.7 KB 
ID:	17543

I thought this thread was on the C8 at first

Anyone on here got one?

I wasn't a fan when then tail lights of Corvettes were changed from round to trapezoidal but I still would call it a Corvette. Now the C8 is cool and all but I refuse to call it a Corvette. I call it a 21st century Corvair.

Thread Information