Widgets Magazine
Page 70 of 72 FirstFirst ... 206566676869707172 LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,750 of 1797

Thread: Costco

Default Re: Costco

We just purchased a full set of tires from Costco, it was pretty large savings over both Hibdon's and Discount Tires, and these were BF Goodrich tires. Ended up saving over $225 for the set.

2. Default Re: Costco

Quote Originally Posted by Mballard85 View Post
    We just purchased a full set of tires from Costco, it was pretty large savings over both Hibdon's and Discount Tires, and these were BF Goodrich tires. Ended up saving over $225 for the set.
    Also for anyone who wants to buy from Costco, discount tire will match the price if you show it on your phone. I had to get tires and Costco had the better deal but a longer wait. Discount Tire matched it with no issues and had it done a week earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    Also for anyone who wants to buy from Costco, discount tire will match the price if you show it on your phone. I had to get tires and Costco had the better deal but a longer wait. Discount Tire matched it with no issues and had it done a week earlier.
    This is good to know, thank you for sharing. I've always enjoyed being a Discount Tire customer, however this past December we couldn't pass up a deal for Michelins there at Costco and swiftly made an appt for the next Sunday and we arrived and just spent the time shopping while they installed. I do also like how they offer nitrogen for tires and that we can pull up ourselves to nitrogen machines to top off when needed. As for rotations, we have scheduled an appt and then shopped during the rotation and had no delays. It is pretty convenient.

This being said, I've always been pleased with Discount Tire. They do maintain an entire line of options whereas Costco is just pushing their few specials.

4. Default Re: Costco

Quote Originally Posted by MagzOK View Post
    This is good to know, thank you for sharing. I've always enjoyed being a Discount Tire customer, however this past December we couldn't pass up a deal for Michelins there at Costco and swiftly made an appt for the next Sunday and we arrived and just spent the time shopping while they installed. I do also like how they offer nitrogen for tires and that we can pull up ourselves to nitrogen machines to top off when needed. As for rotations, we have scheduled an appt and then shopped during the rotation and had no delays. It is pretty convenient.

This being said, I've always been pleased with Discount Tire. They do maintain an entire line of options whereas Costco is just pushing their few specials.
    I'm a fan of the tire filler at Costco as well. But somehow the person before me always manages to tangle the thing up into a mess. I spend time getting it undone then I'm sure the next person tangles it up again. I dont really know how they manage to do that!

5. Default Re: Costco

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    The tech difference is simply due to Sam's being a part of Walmart, the world's largest retailer with massive existing infrastructure and resources. Costco is a tiny fraction of their size and independent.

Walmart uses technology primarily so they can hire a lot fewer people in the stores, whereas Costco is very focused on employees and customer service.
    The comment about customer service i think is a bit of an excuse. If they had the technology in the users' hands, it would improve the customer experience. If you've ever used the app, you know how inaccurate it is regarding stock. Like the other person here said, you get excited only to see its only available 5 states away. The "local store" stock isn't there precisely beacuse of what you said. They have not invested in the inventory tracking. That's not a way to reduce employees. Someone has to scan that inventory all the time (loss prevention has to be considered so you can't just assume what came in the store is the same number that went out....damaged goods, etc).

And I'm not overly concerned with the cashiers myself. Now, I've discovered that self checkout can't use the "bring your own bag" method without complaining every 2 seconds about the weight being wrong. So i avoid the self checkout at Crest in most cases (drives me crazy to have to wait for someone to come help repeatedly). But the scan and go app for Sams, yeah that's a game changer. THAT's a benefit to customer service. Lord knows the receipt checkers are going to hawkeye any abuse. But to be able to just walk out and let them scan that QR code saves me a lot of time. For CostCo, that would be about 10 minutes of waiting in the Moore location, either for self-checkout or for a cashier.

So just my personal opinion....these ARE things to help the customer experience that they need to work on.

The problem I've run into at the Memorial rd store is the lack of parking. I am not going to drive around for 30 min looking for someoen who is leaving. They need to update their online and do a curb side pickup option.

7. Default Re: Costco

Quote Originally Posted by oklip955 View Post
    The problem I've run into at the Memorial rd store is the lack of parking. I am not going to drive around for 30 min looking for someoen who is leaving. They need to update their online and do a curb side pickup option.
    I order off of Costco Online a lot for non-cold items. Two day free shipping and always quick. Great for our family.

Noticed the Costco on Western repaved their parking lot recently. Surprised it was done so soon, I never noticed any cracks or potholes from the original paving.

Quote Originally Posted by therhett17 View Post
    Noticed the Costco on Western repaved their parking lot recently. Surprised it was done so soon, I never noticed any cracks or potholes from the original paving.
    Was it repaved or resealed?

Quote Originally Posted by rizzo View Post
    Was it repaved or resealed?
    That's a good question, I'm not sure. It looks new, but it could be a sealant, I suppose

11. Default Re: Costco

Quote Originally Posted by therhett17 View Post
    That's a good question, I'm not sure. It looks new, but it could be a sealant, I suppose
    Just the spray reseal- took them 2/3 days.
    Smell always reminds me of Frontier City.

Quote Originally Posted by Shortsyeararound View Post
    Just the spray reseal- took them 2/3 days.
    Smell always reminds me of Frontier City.
    Speaking of the parking lot, at one time I thought there were plans for the Costco at Memorial and Western to build a car wash somewhere on the property near the gas station, any progress on that or did it get put on hold?

Quote Originally Posted by scottk View Post
    Speaking of the parking lot, at one time I thought there were plans for the Costco at Memorial and Western to build a car wash somewhere on the property near the gas station, any progress on that or did it get put on hold?
    Someone said one of the new Costco executives doesn’t like car washes so it may be on hold.

Quote Originally Posted by Elrenogolf View Post
    Someone said one of the new Costco executives doesn’t like car washes so it may be on hold.
    They filed their plans a long time ago and nothing has happened since, so I strongly suspect this isn't going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Elrenogolf View Post
    that is what i was told from one of the managers at the north OKC costco ..

16. Default Re: Costco

Reading that some Costcos are having a card scanner at the entrance door. Scan when you enter and your photo comes up for the person to check.

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    Reading that some Costcos are having a card scanner at the entrance door. Scan when you enter and your photo comes up for the person to check.
    I mean I get it, Costco makes the majority of their money from memberships, so they (Costco) want as many people to have them, and not share, but this seems like it would create a bottleneck at the entrance and I am sure some sort of privacy concern?

Quote Originally Posted by scottk View Post
    I mean I get it, Costco makes the majority of their money from memberships, so they (Costco) want as many people to have them, and not share, but this seems like it would create a bottleneck at the entrance and I am sure some sort of privacy concern?
    The stated purpose is to not have unauthorized shoppers creating a bottleneck with loaded carts at checkout.
    Plus it saves labor in not having to restock.
    I don't see the privacy issue at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    The stated purpose is to not have unauthorized shoppers creating a bottleneck with loaded carts at checkout.
    Plus it saves labor in not having to restock.
    I don't see the privacy issue at all.
    Yes, that's the reason they gave me at Sam's when I asked about why they ask to see my card at the door. People really go through and shop and then try to buy stuff without a membership.

Quote Originally Posted by barrettd View Post
    Yes, that's the reason they gave me at Sam's when I asked about why they ask to see my card at the door. People really go through and shop and then try to buy stuff without a membership.
    do they still check at any Sam's? both the one in Moore and Norman hasn't had anyone there the last several times i have been in

Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post
    do they still check at any Sam's? both the one in Moore and Norman hasn't had anyone there the last several times i have been in
    In the last week, I got asked to show my membership card at the door at the Sam's in Midwest City and on North May.

Quote Originally Posted by midtownokcer View Post
    In the last week, I got asked to show my membership card at the door at the Sam's in Midwest City and on North May.
    Yeah, they've been requiring that at 39th & May for a couple months now.

National news stories that Costco may begin implementing a card scanner at the door, for the person there to verify it's actually you. I guess card-sharing is a problem, and considering that Costco makes a ton of their profit from memberships, cracking down might help.

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerinfiniti View Post
    National news stories that Costco may begin implementing a card scanner at the door, for the person there to verify it's actually you. I guess card-sharing is a problem, and considering that Costco makes a ton of their profit from memberships, cracking down might help.
    That's very smart. I'm sure they are losing a ton of member fees.

Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post
    I haven't actually shown my card at Sam's in years. I go to the one on Memorial, not sure why they stopped asking. They have someone up front but I just walk in and nobody stops me to check like they used to.

Thread Information