Widgets Magazine
Page 67 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1762636465666768697071 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,675 of 1797

Thread: Costco

Default Re: Costco

Quote Originally Posted by dford2 View Post
    If kept properly waxed/polished, automatic washes with brushes are not a problem!
    Not even close, vehicles will require paint correction even with just hand washing.

Is the car wash still a thing? I haven't noticed any movement on this

Quote Originally Posted by therhett17 View Post
    Is the car wash still a thing? I haven't noticed any movement on this
    Costco filed for a building permit in January and a couple of weeks later the city put the ball back in their court with a request for further information before they could approve.

Thus far, Costco hasn't responded.

Could mean they are just busy with other construction projects. The other explanation would be they changed their mind for some reason.

Yesterday I purchased fuel at the Memorial location and paid $3.69. My brother purchased at the Moore location and paid $3.58. Why would there be such a large difference? Are there additional local taxes on fuel in Oklahoma City?

Quote Originally Posted by KTB View Post
    Yesterday I purchased fuel at the Memorial location and paid $3.69. My brother purchased at the Moore location and paid $3.58. Why would there be such a large difference? Are there additional local taxes on fuel in Oklahoma City?
    It probably has to do with undercutting the nearest competition.

Gas is generally a loss leader for Costco and Sam's Club; a way to get people to their stores even if they lose money or break even on the purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by KTB View Post
    the sams in MWC is usually the cheapest gas in the metro .. it is 3.49 currently

sams by costco in okc is 3.69 sams on I35 in edmond (9 miles away) is 3.74

I would buy gas at Costco if they offered non-ethanol. Not sure what Sam’s has, don’t have a membership there

8. Default Re: Costco

just curious what's the difference in non-ethanol?

We don't have the option up here, so curious what's the difference.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Quote Originally Posted by HOT ROD View Post
    just curious what's the difference in non-ethanol?

We don't have the option up here, so curious what's the difference.
    About 10% in price and gas mileage. Pretty much nothing else

I would buy gas at Costco if they offered non-ethanol. Not sure what Sam’s has, don’t have a membership there
    . . . Sam's is all ethanol.

11. Default Re: Costco

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    About 10% in price and gas mileage. Pretty much nothing else
    Also a mechanic friend of mine says it's harder on seals and other rubber and plastic engine components. He swears by 100% pure gas. Also I've heard some say they don't like supporting subsidized corn for fuel production.

Newer vehicles can stand E10 a little better than older ones, but its still hard on the rubber and plastic components in the fuel system. Plus you get decreased gas mileage. I prefer to run 100% gas when possible

As I've posted before, my Lexus is almost 20 years old and I've ran it on E-10 the entire time and that car still runs like the day I bought it and has never had an issue.

If your vehicle is old, like 30 years, the seal issue is valid-ish. You do get better gas mileage w/ 100% gasoline, but that increase isn't worth the extra cost as the $/mile price is higher.

If you don't want to use ethanol because of the subsidy or environment, you do you.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Costco filed for a building permit in January and a couple of weeks later the city put the ball back in their court with a request for further information before they could approve.

Thus far, Costco hasn't responded.

Could mean they are just busy with other construction projects. The other explanation would be they changed their mind for some reason.
    ran into an ast manager for the north okc costco the other day ...

he said that the New Costco COO (started Feb 22 ) is not a big fan of car washes and that is why it is currently on hold ...... and maybe not going to happen ..

Why would a car wash or lack there of stop a new location ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    Why would a car wash or lack there of stop a new location ?
    I think this is for the car wash, not a new location. There is no planned location that is being held up by a lack of a car wash, to my knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by chssooner View Post
    I think this is for the car wash, not a new location. There is no planned location that is being held up by a lack of a car wash, to my knowledge.
    Correct. The car was would be what’s on hold/canceled. Costco parking lot with fuel station in enough of a cluster you know what.

Quote Originally Posted by rizzo View Post
    Correct. The car was would be what’s on hold/canceled. Costco parking lot with fuel station in enough of a cluster you know what.
    I've always commented on how nice our gas area is with our Costco on Memorial compared to other cities. When traversing the country, I will try and single out Costco gas along the route and every one we've ever stopped at is generally extremely crowded and fit into incredibly small spaces and there's usually a good 10-15 minute wait in line to go through. Ours is very large, big enough spaces in-between the pumps so other cars can go through and around to the next pumps if necessary, and we even have three sets of pumps deep. Most other Costcos I've been to have only two sets of pumps deep and there's such a tiny space between pumps you have extreme trouble fitting through to get out if there's someone still pumping in front of you. I can't say I've ever had to wait for a pump here.

^

The Costco I most often frequented in California always had huge lines waiting to gas up.

More often than not, I didn't bother waiting.

We were in Costco on Memorial on Saturday and it was insanely busy, they had nearly every checkout open and the self checkout was backed up quite a ways. Thrilled to see the continued support for Costco here, but sure wish they'd build at least one more location to ease the congestion. This location and Moore is always poppin'

22. Default Re: Costco

We were in Costco on Memorial on Saturday and it was insanely busy, they had nearly every checkout open and the self checkout was backed up quite a ways. Thrilled to see the continued support for Costco here, but sure wish they'd build at least one more location to ease the congestion. This location and Moore is always poppin'
    Just Scan and Go like Sams would solve the checkout line issues. The one thing I hate about Costco is no scan and go.

That is pretty much the case all weekend. We've gotten there right before opening and it's already packed.

^^^^ Yeah, Costco is getting so packed, nobody goes there any more.

(borrowing a Yogi-ism from Mr Berra)

In California, I had to plan ahead so I could avoid Costco between Thanksgiving and New Years.

Even though they all have massive parking lots, during that time of year it wasn't unusual to not be able to find a space.

Thread Information