Widgets Magazine
Page 65 of 72 FirstFirst ... 156061626364656667686970 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,625 of 1797

Thread: Costco

Default Re: Costco

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Target is to Costco as Walmart is to Sam's Club.

I do have to say, however, that Sam's does a much better job with their website and the Scan n' Go feature is awesome.

Yeah, love Costco. HATE their website.

"Shirley", they are working on / moving towards having true inventory online and being able to purchase for pickup. That has to be coming ....hopefully.

I dont understand why when most large retailers have gone with online ordering and curbside pickup or at least their invintory online, why has Costco not done this? Besides older people who have trouble walking the store, busy families, and those that dont want to shop in person because of covid, so many others would love to be able to check to see if something is in stock before shopping or avoid the time it takes to walk the store for a few items. Even if they had a $35 or $50 min purchase, its easy to get to that amount. let see tp, paper towels, a package of meat and another item or two and you are there. They are losing out on a lot of sales..

Costco does not have a good web infrastructure.

A large percentage of their products are not even shown on their website.

As stated earlier, this is where the Walmart ownership of Sam's has created a clear advantage.

Costco does not have a good web infrastructure.

A large percentage of their products are not even shown on their website.

As stated earlier, this is where the Walmart ownership of Sam's has created a clear advantage.
    I have a vague thinking that when they opened the OKC corporate office, these would be related to e-commerce support. So I had understanding they were going to be expanding their Internet presence eventually

^

eCommerce and Travel *support*, not development.

The Costco OKC center is a call center.

Costco is well underway in adding a big parking lot to the north of their call center near Quail Springs.

You can see by the packed parking they need the spaces.

Are they close to making any announcements about a west metro location?

Quote Originally Posted by roci28 View Post
    Are they close to making any announcements about a west metro location?
    They've been looking but don't think they've made a commitment.

I'll do some digging around.

Costco at Memorial & Western is planning to add a carwash. I believe it will look similar to the last image.

from a review site ..

Costco car wash is an automobile service offered by Costco warehouses all around the country.
    This service is available at selected warehouse locations only, but they are available from Monday to Sunday.
    The car wash service only offers one wash package but on a low price of $7.99.

Unlike other car wash companies, Costco doesn’t have any “wash plans” or “packages.” They only offer a single car wash package, which cost $7.99. Each car wash usually lasts from 3 to 10 minutes. According to reviews from previous customers, the cost of Costco car wash is cheaper than other car washes.

For only $7.99, the standard car wash is quite good for basic needs. The package includes spot-free rinsing, surface protectant, tire shine, wheel cleaner, wax, underbody flush, and rust inhibitor. Washing tunnels ca accommodate height up to normal-sized SUV or truck. Overall, this is only for people who are looking for a quick wash while shopping on the main Costco retail store.

It'd be awesome if they added a drive up window for the Pharmacy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wish Cosco would have an order online and have curbside pickup. I would not even have to be like Sam's club of no min purchase, it could be say min of $50 or $75 and add say a $1.99 pick up fee and I'd be happy to be able to do a monthly stock up. Even without not wanting to go in and do in person shopping, this would be great for people who simply dont want to spend the time walking the store and going through the check out line. Just dont understand why they have not done something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by oklip955 View Post
    I wish Cosco would have an order online and have curbside pickup. I would not even have to be like Sam's club of no min purchase, it could be say min of $50 or $75 and add say a $1.99 pick up fee and I'd be happy to be able to do a monthly stock up. Even without not wanting to go in and do in person shopping, this would be great for people who simply dont want to spend the time walking the store and going through the check out line. Just dont understand why they have not done something like this.
    they don't think it would have a positive ROI

Costco wants you to come into their stores, where most people make impulse buys:

https://www.mashed.com/145801/how-co...ng-more-money/

^^

We are guilty as charged for impulse buying there, and we don't mind it! We love walking through there.

Costco wants you to come into their stores, where most people make impulse buys:

the craziest part of that link is the tag showing the city of seattle's "City of Seattle Sweetened Beverage Recovery Fee"

which is a 75% tax on the dr pepper in the add ...

https://www.washingtonpolicy.org/pub...e-recovery-fee

Sams seems to be to Costco what Chick-fil-A is to In-N-Out. Both are great and have great food but In-N-Out is stuck behind the times with limited ordering options while Chick-fil-A has an amazing/speedy ordering process. Seriously the person who designed that should be nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize.

Costco’s website sucks and Sam's is always up to date with scan n go and online ordering.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Sams seems to be to Costco what Chick-fil-A is to In-N-Out. Both are great and have great food but In-N-Out is stuck behind the times with limited ordering options while Chick-fil-A has an amazing/speedy ordering process. Seriously the person who designed that should be nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize.

Costco’s website sucks and Sam's is always up to date with scan n go and online ordering.
    lol In-N-out is one of the best run companies in the world ..

19. Default Re: Costco

Costco at Memorial & Western is planning to add a carwash. I believe it will look similar to the last image.

this is a great add guys, Costco car wash is the best (and best value) in that you get premium wash for only $8. Surprised this wasn't first built, hopefully they add to the Moore Costco and the new ones as well.

Just 411, we only have ONE - yes 1 Costco Car Wash in the entire Puget Sound (located in industrial S Seattle) which is disappointing to me.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    lol In-N-out is one of the best run companies in the world ..
    Lol I never said it wasn’t.

Do we know anything about a Yukon location? Is this still a possibility?

They've been pushing the self checkouts at Costco and I recently tried it. It was super easy and I checked out my entire basket in about 2 minutes. There's a hand-held scanner and you just shoot the barcodes as you go. Only way to check out!

Quote Originally Posted by MagzOK View Post
    They've been pushing the self checkouts at Costco and I recently tried it. It was super easy and I checked out my entire basket in about 2 minutes. There's a hand-held scanner and you just shoot the barcodes as you go. Only way to check out!
    I love the self-checkout. It takes less than 20 seconds for me usually. I don't buy too much when I go. Having the Costco Citi Credit Card attached to my account means I never have to insert a card into a terminal. I just simply select "yes" I want to use the CC tied to my membership and bam. Receipt prints.

24. Default Re: Costco

If they get the Scan and Go mobile like Sams has I’d be in heaven. I don’t have to speak to another person on my Sams trip. The long lines at the checkout stations with clerks I always find insane.

Looks like there are only 11 other Costco car washes in the entire country.

https://www.costco.com/car-wash-service.html

Thread Information