Widgets Magazine
Page 71 of 71 FirstFirst ... 21666768697071
Results 1,751 to 1,772 of 1772

Thread: Costco

Default Re: Costco

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    That's very smart. I'm sure they are losing a ton of member fees.
    I'd just be afraid the people going to that effort will just start doing the gift card trick for people. But it probably stops some people.

2. Default Re: Costco

I'm guessing a vast majority are people who are just using a family member or friends card. I doubt there are a lot of people with no card trying to make it through. Sams club doesnt really care about a family member using the card but Costco generates 4.2 billion from membership fees.

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    I'm guessing a vast majority are people who are just using a family member or friends card. I doubt there are a lot of people with no card trying to make it through. Sams club doesnt really care about a family member using the card but Costco generates 4.2 billion from membership fees.
    I mean...4.2 billion under the current model...and selling the 1/2lb hot dog and chicken at a loss. Maybe just let this one slide a bit Costco?

Quote Originally Posted by Zuplar View Post
    I'd just be afraid the people going to that effort will just start doing the gift card trick for people. But it probably stops some people.
    It is not a trick if Costco is well aware and allows it. Folks can use the pharmcy without a membership also

Quote Originally Posted by scottk View Post
    I mean...4.2 billion under the current model...and selling the 1/2lb hot dog and chicken at a loss. Maybe just let this one slide a bit Costco?
    Let what slide? Members don't want to pay so others don't. Are you mad at Costco for something?

6. Default Re: Costco

COSTCO supposedly is cracking down on card abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    Let what slide? Members don't want to pay so others don't. Are you mad at Costco for something?
    My point was, Costco is already making 4.2 billion on memberships. I didn't realize that membership fraud/borrowing memberships was such a large loss of their business model, that's all.

8. Default Re: Costco

Quote Originally Posted by scottk View Post
    My point was, Costco is already making 4.2 billion on memberships. I didn't realize that membership fraud/borrowing memberships was such a large loss of their business model, that's all.
    If you present yourself as a membership club business, you have every right to require shoppers to have a membership.

We were in the OKC location early today and didn't find out until we were almost done shopping that their heaters weren't working. We generally go in the evening, so we attributed the empty bakery tables and complete lack of roasted chicken activity to be due to them just opening, but apparently they had no gas to run any of that. It was cold enough that my hands were hurting by the time we checked out.

10. Default Re: Costco

I`m not an HVAC person but such a huge building only has one set of heatets/controls?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    I`m not an HVAC person but such a huge building only has one set of heatets/controls?
    Multiple units but coordinated controls.

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    Unless, gas was out.

Any chance the OKC store will get sushi? :P

14. Default Re: Costco

Anyone notice the Costco in Moore eliminated the scan gun from self checkout? What an awful idea. Took me way longer to check out.

Anyone notice the Costco in Moore eliminated the scan gun from self checkout? What an awful idea. Took me way longer to check out.
    they are gone from all costco's they were costing the store 35-50%

16. Default Re: Costco

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    they are gone from all costco's they were costing the store 35-50%
    I'd love to see the report on that, got a link? How does scanning it with a scan gun or dragging it across a scanner change anything? They still check the receipt on exit and count items.

Sam's Club is killing Costco in the user experience with Scan and Go plus the new AI receipt check. Impressed.

I amend my response* It looks like only some costcos ever had the scan gun. In most places each self checkout has a person with a scan gun that does it for you real quick. The one in Moore just had the one worker for 6 self checkout lanes. Lot of people waiting around for them to help with large items.

I'd love to see the report on that, got a link? How does scanning it with a scan gun or dragging it across a scanner change anything? They still check the receipt on exit and count items.

Sam's Club is killing Costco in the user experience with Scan and Go plus the new AI receipt check. Impressed.

I amend my response* It looks like only some costcos ever had the scan gun. In most places each self checkout has a person with a scan gun that does it for you real quick. The one in Moore just had the one worker for 6 self checkout lanes. Lot of people waiting around for them to help with large items.
    from the store manager at the memorial location ... the gun was causing them lots and lots of loses .. (my guess is people not scanning an item .. and putting in under or between papertowls or watch or whatever to hide it)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    from the store manager at the memorial location ... the gun was causing them lots and lots of loses .. (my guess is people not scanning an item .. and putting in under or between papertowls or watch or whatever to hide it)
    People like this guy:
    https://www.newson6.com/story/65e633...n-larceny-case

He stole from Sams, but same idea.

Speaking of customer experience, I do love Sam's club's curbside pickup. If you buy the same items all the time, its just so much quicker to order online and then be able to just pull up and get your items rather then walk the store even with the scanning options. Ok i am older and I would have a learning curve on that. Just not having to go in the store is such a plus. I wish Costco had that option. I would understand having to buy the higher priced membership and if they had a min amount like $50 or $75. I dont like the delivery option. I would not get up to the dry goods or the freezer. I get maybe a $100 of mixed items at one time. Also the option for older folks not having to try to walk the store. I've had to ask them to get an employee to get my items when my knees started to hurt. I cannot do one of the sitting carts. Its stinks when standing hurts less then sitting.

Every time this thread gets bumped to the top I think there's going to be a Costco in Yukon. Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Swake View Post
    People like this guy:
    https://www.newson6.com/story/65e633...n-larceny-case

He stole from Sams, but same idea.
    going to bet he got trespassed from sams and walmart

Quote Originally Posted by oklip955 View Post
    Speaking of customer experience, I do love Sam's club's curbside pickup. If you buy the same items all the time, its just so much quicker to order online and then be able to just pull up and get your items rather then walk the store even with the scanning options. Ok i am older and I would have a learning curve on that. Just not having to go in the store is such a plus. I wish Costco had that option. I would understand having to buy the higher priced membership and if they had a min amount like $50 or $75. I dont like the delivery option. I would not get up to the dry goods or the freezer. I get maybe a $100 of mixed items at one time. Also the option for older folks not having to try to walk the store. I've had to ask them to get an employee to get my items when my knees started to hurt. I cannot do one of the sitting carts. Its stinks when standing hurts less then sitting.
    Also, a big bonus of curbside pickup is they usually put all my stuff in boxes to bring it to my car, so I can just grab the box and bring it in the house. I'm always too lazy to sift through all the boxes as I check out, so it's a nice perk of curbside for me.

Thread Information