Widgets Magazine
Page 72 of 72 FirstFirst ... 22676869707172
Results 1,776 to 1,797 of 1797

Thread: Costco

Default Re: Costco

I think I've posted elsewhere on this site, but removing the hand scanners was one of the last straws for me. We'll continue, but we are close to giving up on Costco, even though I despise anything to do with Wal-Mart.

I put in a complaint when they removed the hand scanners and an assistant manager got back to me and tried to convince me that removing them was MORE efficient for checking out. Complete and total B.S.!! The tiny number of cashiers and the long lines make me not to want to even go there. Also, on numerous occasions, I've arrived at the gas station shortly after their posted opening time, only to find the pumps all still padlocked. I understand that sometimes things happen, but this happens far too frequently.

^

I was there today (Tuesday) about 2PM -- about the slowest time you can go. And they were still very busy with pretty long lines at all the checkouts.

It took me quite a while to figure out you can no longer use the hand-scanner. Actually, it took an employee coming over after quite a bit of fiddling around to tell me. Leaving them there just confuses people. It's all a bit of a mess.

For me, it's a simple matter of Costco still being stuck in the 90s while all their competition has made huge leaps forward with all types of tech and delivery options. In this day and age, it's completely unacceptable to not be able to see what they carry on a website; very few of their items are shown.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    ^

I was there today (Tuesday) about 2PM -- about the slowest time you can go. And they were still very busy with pretty long lines at all the checkouts.

It took me quite a while to figure out you can no longer use the hand-scanner. Actually, it took an employee coming over after quite a bit of fiddling around to tell me. Leaving them there just confuses people. It's all a bit of a mess.

For me, it's a simple matter of Costco still being stuck in the 90s while all their competition has made huge leaps forward with all types of tech and delivery options. In this day and age, it's completely unacceptable to not be able to see what they carry on a website; very few of their items are shown.
    I'd be happy if they just kept stuff in the same place for longer than a few weeks. When they first opened, I got the membership, but grew very frustrated having to start from scratch every month or so on the layout of the store, trying to find the things i always bought. Sam's very rarely makes big changes to their layout as far as where stuff is, but the one on Memorial is also wide open enough it's pretty easy to find what is needed. Add to that the lack of technology at Costco, and it's just not worth it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by barrettd View Post
    Add to that the lack of technology at Costco, and it's just not worth it for me.
    Surely Costco is getting this feedback collectively from members?

I feel the same way, the deals are great, but the antiquated check out system compared to Sam's, the Costco.com/Costco App poor user experience, and the endlessly searching in store for a product because they feel like moving it every 48-72 hours.

I know they pride themselves on the "treasure hunt" model, but I am greatly annoyed to have to walk up and down every aisle to find an item that I saw on the last visit.

As the Winco thread recently pointed out, the lack of an efficient point of sale is becoming increasingly annoying.

5. Default Re: Costco

This is why you have choice and can shop elsewhere. I accept shopping at COSTCO isn't as convenient as 7-11 but l have little problem with any of what you describe because the product quality and prices make up for the negatives.

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    This is why you have choice and can shop elsewhere. I accept shopping at COSTCO isn't as convenient as 7-11 but l have little problem with any of what you describe because the product quality and prices make up for the negatives.
    Yes, I often have to decide whether to do my grocery shopping at 7-11 or Costco...? It's not even as convenient as its closest competitor, much less an aptly named convenience store.

I have found the quality of products at Costco hit or miss, to be honest, and I prefer the meat at Sam's, as well. Costco blade tenderizes their steaks and also cuts the spinalis off all the ribeyes, so I won't even bother with them anymore.

7. Default Re: Costco

Yes, I often have to decide whether to do my grocery shopping at 7-11 or Costco...? It's not even as convenient as its closest competitor, much less an aptly named convenience store.

I have found the quality of products at Costco hit or miss, to be honest, and I prefer the meat at Sam's, as well. Costco blade tenderizes their steaks and also cuts the spinalis off all the ribeyes, so I won't even bother with them anymore.
    Really? You honestly took that literally? Smh

The OKC store must be different than Denver because l've never had a bad steak from there. As for shopping at COSTCO, again, that's why there are options.

I've been a Costco member for 7 years and of the 30 items I purchase there regularly, not one has moved places in the store at anytime. I've heard of constant hunting but have never experienced this myself. Water, wine, meat, toothbrushes, nuts, soft drinks, paper plates, eggs, printer ink, etc. has always been at the same place at the Memorial location for as long as I can remember. Avacado oil, vitamins, socks, Christmas lights, frozen foods, batteries, dog food, and Gatorade have all been at the same spot. i've never sought office supplies and had to wander all over the store to find them. Gas is usually in the same spot, too.

Quote Originally Posted by RangersYear View Post
    Gas is usually in the same spot, too.
    That's funny. Thanks for the chuckle

I've been a Costco member for 7 years and of the 30 items I purchase there regularly, not one has moved places in the store at anytime. I've heard of constant hunting but have never experienced this myself. Water, wine, meat, toothbrushes, nuts, soft drinks, paper plates, eggs, printer ink, etc. has always been at the same place at the Memorial location for as long as I can remember. Avacado oil, vitamins, socks, Christmas lights, frozen foods, batteries, dog food, and Gatorade have all been at the same spot. i've never sought office supplies and had to wander all over the store to find them. Gas is usually in the same spot, too.
    I don't know if it was because the store was new or what, but the first year they were open I had a membership there instead of Sam's, and after about six months I switched back to Sam's out of frustration over having to look for the same things in different places every time I went there.

11. Default Re: Costco

I've had them move the kids milk, butter and granola on me a few times. Thats about it.

they finally rearranged the meat/fish in the last couple of weeks .. (but of course that is not a big change because it is still in the same area)

If I bought a new house, I probably switch to Costco for a year just to have access to the nicer products. But, for everyday things, Sam's Club is the better option for me.

Does anyone on this board honestly think that anybody actually cares about your opinion as to why you don't like something? Crazy idea - I check on this thread because I actually like it.... Wild idea, I know!!

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerinfiniti View Post
    Does anyone on this board honestly think that anybody actually cares about your opinion as to why you don't like something? Crazy idea - I check on this thread because I actually like it.... Wild idea, I know!!
    That's true for 90% of the discussions that takes place on this site. You don't have to care about the opinions.

Weird. No one cares.

I do like hearing about others' experiences and opinions, even if they differ from mine. Otherwise I'd never participate in this or any other forum.

18. Default Re: Costco

Getting tires installed from Costco in a couple of weeks. I have read some horror stories about almost 4 hour wait times for install even with an appointment. I'll be interested to see how long it takes.

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    Getting tires installed from Costco in a couple of weeks. I have read some horror stories about almost 4 hour wait times for install even with an appointment. I'll be interested to see how long it takes.
    My wife got new tires from Costco on her Honda CRV. I made the appointment, we dropped it off, grabbed lunch, did some shopping and it was done. Probably an hour. That was at the one on Memorial. My boss did the same thing on his Tesla in Moore.

The only complaint I have is that they fill the tires with Nitrogen instead of air. In theory, that is fine, but when you go to get an oil change and they offer to fill up the tires, but there is nitrogen instead, some places don't want to do it. Take 5, specifically.

I do like hearing about others' experiences and opinions, even if they differ from mine. Otherwise I'd never participate in this or any other forum.
    Right? I do find it funny that were in 20+ years into the internet age and someone will randomly state the obvious. Its basically a digital watercooler we like to stand around and talk.

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    My wife got new tires from Costco on her Honda CRV. I made the appointment, we dropped it off, grabbed lunch, did some shopping and it was done. Probably an hour. That was at the one on Memorial. My boss did the same thing on his Tesla in Moore.

The only complaint I have is that they fill the tires with Nitrogen instead of air. In theory, that is fine, but when you go to get an oil change and they offer to fill up the tires, but there is nitrogen instead, some places don't want to do it. Take 5, specifically.
    We've purchased tires on our vehicles and got a great price. We like the nitrogen as we've actually found that the air pressure doesn't move around anywhere near as much as regular air does during the weather/temperature changes. We just make an appointment to get the tires rotated while we shop, then they will adjust pressure with the nitrogen if needed.

22. Default Re: Costco

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post

Thats good to hear! I'll probably just use the nitrogen at costco when I go once a month to keep them aired up. My oil changes are all done at the dealer so shouldn't be a big issue.

Thread Information