Widgets Magazine
Page 55 of 72 FirstFirst ... 55051525354555657585960 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 1797

Thread: Costco

Blog Entries

Default Re: Costco

When I hand them my card and my photo ID, they never mention getting a new card. The one time I didn't do that they suggested I get the photo ID version.

I guess we have just gotten lucky in general because we have not had any big issues at all in terms of check out, getting in and out, traffic etc. The back way thru CC and across Western is pretty much a breeze. My Sams card is the one that will be going bye-bye.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I know for a fact that fast-food and restaurants have a chronic shortage of workers (I've done consulting jobs with 2 big chains), but young people generally don't want those jobs.

It's one of the reasons you see big attempts at automation in that industry as well.
    It's kind of a catch-22 with MANY of those foodservice jobs to be honest... Fast-food specifically. Such an emphasis has been placed on efficiency and doing more with less that the job environment at many QSRs is just not worth it unless there are no other options. The pay is abysmal and the work is hard - sometimes outright dangerous. These QSRs could be staffed better if they offered higher pay and some level of benefits (sick leave especially, even if unpaid) but that increases their labor costs. All that is to say I fully understand why many young people don't want those jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by okatty View Post
    I guess we have just gotten lucky in general because we have not had any big issues at all in terms of check out, getting in and out, traffic etc. The back way thru CC and across Western is pretty much a breeze. My Sams card is the one that will be going bye-bye.
    Totally agree with most of this, however, I may renew my Sam's subscription only because there are a very few things I like better from Sam's (toilet paper, of all things, is at the top of my list), and sometimes it's nice to just run through using Scan and Go and grab a few things. Having had experience with both, there may be room in our household for both memberships.

Having said that, I have really liked the Costco experience. Unfortunately, if I don't go when they first open, it's a madhouse the rest of the day on weekends. Whereas with Sam's, I can go any time of day, Scan and Go, and I'm in and out in a hurry.

I wonder how sales are there? Is Costco happy they moved to OKC? My wife and I were there the other day, and were just wondering how much they in an average day? Would be interesting to know.

Quote Originally Posted by OKC4me View Post
    I wonder how sales are there? Is Costco happy they moved to OKC? My wife and I were there the other day, and were just wondering how much they in an average day? Would be interesting to know.
    Was told by someone in the know they are very happy with OKC sales which have exceeded expectations and it's one of the better performing stores in the entire chain.

Maybe I'm just selectively remembering the positive stories, but I feel like that is usually the result for a new to Oklahoma/OKC chain.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkasa View Post
    Maybe I'm just selectively remembering the positive stories, but I feel like that is usually the result for a new to Oklahoma/OKC chain.
    As far as I know, this has been a very consistent pattern.

Didn't the Von Maur at Quail Springs end up underperforming? That's the only counter example that springs to mind.

I was in a Tucson AZ Costco on Tuesday and today in the La Quinta CA Costco.

I’d say the Costco on Tucson Marketplace Blvd is almost twice the size , probably 75-80% larger, the the La Quinta is 50% larger.

To see the many more items for sale, the choices and options presented, is amazing.

I hope another OKC Costco is a big one. Please give us a big Costco.

Quote Originally Posted by Ward View Post
    I was in a Tucson AZ Costco on Tuesday and today in the La Quinta CA Costco.

I’d say the Costco on Tucson Marketplace Blvd is almost twice the size , probably 75-80% larger, the the La Quinta is 50% larger.

To see the many more items for sale, the choices and options presented, is amazing.

I hope another OKC Costco is a big one. Please give us a big Costco.
    Most brands and chains aren't building as big of stores nowadays.

I used the self-checkout at Costco yesterday and it sucks.

As someone else mentioned, there is no gun like at Sam's so you have to lift all those big items out of your cart, wave them over the scanner until it reads, then place in the 'bagging area' before putting it all back in your cart.

I didn't have many items but it was still a hassle.

Good idea, poor execution.

As someone else mentioned, there is no gun like at Sam's so you have to lift all those big items out of your cart, wave them over the scanner until it reads, then place in the 'bagging area' before putting it all back in your cart.

I went by Tuesday evening hoping to grab some steaks real quick... so I just had 2 items to check out. They did have someone over there helping with traffic control, so that's good, but people were so slow, and the setup wasn't conducive for those with more than a few small items, so I really don't feel like I got in and out any quicker or easier than with normal checkout. Once I got to a machine, it was fine with me, but I just had two packages of steaks, so it was an easy checkout. I'll probably avoid the self checkouts when I can unless they're empty or I only have a few items. This is the exact opposite of other places like Crest and Walmart where I prefer hitting the self checkout.

That’s so weird. At the one I go to here in San Antonio, (UTSA location) there is a worker at the self check out who guides you to open machines and also has a gun to scan big items. I’m sure the other two locations here have the same set up.

Per this article it seems to indicate one will be built in Moore:

Darrel Pyle, Norman city manager, said despite the efforts of property owners and city government officials to bring the membership warehouse club to Norman, the company opted to go to Moore instead.
    https://www.normantranscript.com/cos...e48ebd084.html

Where in Moore will they put a new store,

If the biggest problem is scanning guns, that should in theory be an easy problem to fix. Those are probably adds ons that the vendor provides.

Why isn’t OKC concerned with sales tax dollars in South OKC going to Moore? This could’ve gone off I44 in or near Lariat Landing. Instead we are ok with sales tax south of 240 going to Moore and could care less about sales tax dollars coming to South OKC from Moore, Norman, Mustang and Tri - City. For Christ’s sakes just de- annex south OKC from I-240 south. Mustang or Moore would do far better with this area of town versus OKC government.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Per this article it seems to indicate one will be built in Moore:

https://www.normantranscript.com/cos...e48ebd084.html
    That article seems to contradict itself.

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    That article seems to contradict itself.
    How? It says the company has chosen instead to build in Moore. Just because it hasn't been formally announced doesn't mean it is contradictory.

Moore has been offering them big incentives which I'm sure has a lot to do with this decision.

Quote Originally Posted by jonny d View Post
    How? It says the company has chosen instead to build in Moore. Just because it hasn't been formally announced doesn't mean it is contradictory.
    It says the Mayor said Costco chose Moore but then Moore says they haven’t engaged with Costco. That’s the contradiction I’m speaking of.

All these incentive negotiations are done in secrecy.

Moore has absolutely talking to Costco despite what they are saying in the press.

All these incentive negotiations are done in secrecy.

Moore has absolutely talking to Costco despite what they are saying in the press.
    Any guesses on where this going? What if they find something off of s 34th street?

Quote Originally Posted by jdg78 View Post
    Why isn’t OKC concerned with sales tax dollars in South OKC going to Moore? This could’ve gone off I44 in or near Lariat Landing. Instead we are ok with sales tax south of 240 going to Moore and could care less about sales tax dollars coming to South OKC from Moore, Norman, Mustang and Tri - City. For Christ’s sakes just de- annex south OKC from I-240 south. Mustang or Moore would do far better with this area of town versus OKC government.
    This times a 1000! My personal conspiracy theory is once OKC can't pass a MAPS they will de-annex most of south okc.

They should. We are grossly misrepresented and it’s an absolute wasteland wasted opportunity. We are 100% associated with Moore than OKC. Crap, look at Newcastle. They recruited Thrutubing Solutions out of south OKC and trey are 200 million plus company. But greater Chamber is too busy saving Quail Springs and helping Chisholm Creek prosper. This is BS.

Thread Information