Widgets Magazine
Page 66 of 72 FirstFirst ... 166162636465666768697071 ... LastLast
Results 1,626 to 1,650 of 1798

Thread: Costco

Default Re: Costco

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    If they get the Scan and Go mobile like Sams has I’d be in heaven. I don’t have to speak to another person on my Sams trip. The long lines at the checkout stations with clerks I always find insane.
    Is the 'scan and go' like you order on your app and they have it ready for you at the door or curbside?

I dropped Sam's like a bad habit after I was so impressed with Costco on our first visit. I've noticed that Costco seems to hire better employees than Sam's, or at least at the checkouts. They are swift and efficient, and friendly. Out of my dozens of trips already, I've never left thinking anything negative about my checkout experience. Sam's -- yes, just as bad as Walmart only on a much more grand scale.

I recently visited with one of the employees at the eyeglass area and have decided to try glasses here. I've been paying nearly $400 for glasses through my ophthalmologists office (with my insurance!) and turns out they have the same pair of glasses for less than half what I paid, and then they also will use the insurance. I spent about 20 minutes looking at all their prices and just can't believe the savings. I'm excited to try it here in the next month or two once I've gone 365 day from my last exam and my insurance will cover the next one. I'm going to see my ophthalmologist but then take my prescription here to for some glasses.

No, Scan and Go is where you wander around the store, scanning items with your phone and putting them in your cart. At the end of your trip, you pay on your phone and walk out the door.

^^
    That sounds pretty nice.

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    If they get the Scan and Go mobile like Sams has I’d be in heaven. I don’t have to speak to another person on my Sams trip. The long lines at the checkout stations with clerks I always find insane.
    Don't think that is going to happen anytime soon because Costco doesn't even have the vast majority of their products on their website.

That's a big bummer because you can't even see what they carry without going to the store.

Will the car wash be touchless?

I will admit that I like a lot of Costco products better, but Sam's club is getting my business right now. I love with the plus membership which allows me to look online and either order for curbside pickup and know if it is in stock at closest Sam's club or chose another club, or have the ability to order products (more choices then just the local clubs) and have them delivered to my house. With the high amount of covid, this allows me to safely obtain lots of items with no contact. As I said in earlier posts, I wish that Costco would do this. Also with many people leading busy lives, older folks who just dont want to walk or ride in one of those carts, I wish Costco would reconsider. Sure it would be nice to walk around Costco but way too crowded for me plus if you have bad knees its not the best idea.

Quote Originally Posted by oklip955 View Post
    or have the ability to order products (more choices then just the local clubs) and have them delivered to my house. With the high amount of covid, this allows me to safely obtain lots of items with no contact. As I said in earlier posts, I wish that Costco would do this.
    costco does do this

I will admit that I like a lot of Costco products better, but Sam's club is getting my business right now. I love with the plus membership which allows me to look online and either order for curbside pickup and know if it is in stock at closest Sam's club or chose another club, or have the ability to order products (more choices then just the local clubs) and have them delivered to my house. With the high amount of covid, this allows me to safely obtain lots of items with no contact. As I said in earlier posts, I wish that Costco would do this. Also with many people leading busy lives, older folks who just dont want to walk or ride in one of those carts, I wish Costco would reconsider. Sure it would be nice to walk around Costco but way too crowded for me plus if you have bad knees its not the best idea.
    https://www.costco.com/grocery-household.html

Same day delivery and 2 day delivery available.

9. Default Re: Costco

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Don't think that is going to happen anytime soon because Costco doesn't even have the vast majority of their products on their website.

That's a big bummer because you can't even see what they carry without going to the store.
    Ah that is true. Sam's website is pretty well done. I guess that is the Walmart behind them.

I also would like to know if it's touchless, I don't take my new car through the ones with brushes.

I can't find anything definitive, but did find this clip of a CostCo Autowash review that's pretty entertaining and it shows brushes abound:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QX9j1PuRJWo

This is a few years old.

Regarding the Costco Car Wash:

--In order to compete with the somewhat new model of monthly memberships at other area drive thru car washes, will Costco offer a membership (unlimited washes)?
    --In the site plan, I didn't notice any drying bays or vacuums, the other washes like Okie Express, Zips, and Club Car Wash all offer this.
    --On a related note, does anyone know why the gas stalls at Costco don't offer the window squeegee?

I wish Cosco would have an order online and have curbside pickup. I would not even have to be like Sam's club of no min purchase, it could be say min of $50 or $75 and add say a $1.99 pick up fee and I'd be happy to be able to do a monthly stock up. Even without not wanting to go in and do in person shopping, this would be great for people who simply dont want to spend the time walking the store and going through the check out line. Just dont understand why they have not done something like this.
    Costco does offer delivery through Instacart. I used it a couple of times with positive results.

Quote Originally Posted by scottk View Post

--In order to compete with the somewhat new model of monthly memberships at other area drive thru car washes, will Costco offer a membership (unlimited washes)?
    --In the site plan, I didn't notice any drying bays or vacuums, the other washes like Okie Express, Zips, and Club Car Wash all offer this.
    --On a related note, does anyone know why the gas stalls at Costco don't offer the window squeegee?
    they don't offer monthly at other locations

they don't have drying bays or vacuums

they choose to not have window cleaning at the pumps ..

This seems like a botched execution for Costco, it seems there really isn't a ton of perceived value to this. Like having a once month free car wash tied to an executive membership, free vacuum area, etc. Even the price seems a little high. $3.99 member basic wash, $6.99 premium wash would tie perfectly into their perception of having good value on ancillary products (food court, tire services, vacations etc.)

16. Default Re: Costco

i think there's tremendous value to the car wash in that it actually cleans your car and has all of the otherwise premium offerings. Having those tiers would introduce complexity to the system that I think Costco likes to try to avoid.

To the person that asked, it's not touchless car wash.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

17. Default Re: Costco

see inline

--In order to compete with the somewhat new model of monthly memberships at other area drive thru car washes, will Costco offer a membership (unlimited washes)? No, just Point of Sale
    --In the site plan, I didn't notice any drying bays or vacuums, the other washes like Okie Express, Zips, and Club Car Wash all offer this. I think we/Seattle might have some vacuums on the side but it's definitely not like car club washes.
    --On a related note, does anyone know why the gas stalls at Costco don't offer the window squeegee? Introduces unnecessary complexity to the system. Costco offers gas, that's it.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Lots of parking spaces that seem to have no other purpose besides vacuuming in the site plans.
    The parking isn’t situated to have much value for anything else. It wouldn’t be additional over flow for store as it would have gas station and car wash between it and store. I would expect this area to have some kind of vacuum available

Quote Originally Posted by DowntownMan View Post
    Lots of parking spaces that seem to have no other purpose besides vacuuming in the site plans.
    The parking isn’t situated to have much value for anything else. It wouldn’t be additional over flow for store as it would have gas station and car wash between it and store. I would expect this area to have some kind of vacuum available
    the costco car wash in glendale ... has that parking as well but there are not vacuums

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    This seems like a botched execution for Costco, it seems there really isn't a ton of perceived value to this. Like having a once month free car wash tied to an executive membership, free vacuum area, etc. Even the price seems a little high. $3.99 member basic wash, $6.99 premium wash would tie perfectly into their perception of having good value on ancillary products (food court, tire services, vacations etc.)
    NEVER QUESTION COSTCO, lol. Just kidding. Great points here. Costco always seems to be a step ahead of me for sure. There are a number of things I don't care for, most specifically the insane portion sizes for products. If they weren't so big we would probably spend a lot more money there on meat, for example.

But my wife and I are endlessly fascinated with how they roll out and completely sell through seasonal products. And if you go one week and see something you want, you better buy it then. We were interested in some pool floats, kicked the tires and didn't buy them. Decided we would go back the next week to get them and the entire product display was gone.

They really know what they're doing and they are definitely different.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Costco at Memorial & Western is planning to add a carwash. I believe it will look similar to the last image.

Surveyors. Out right now for this project

Quote Originally Posted by HOT ROD View Post
    i think there's tremendous value to the car wash in that it actually cleans your car and has all of the otherwise premium offerings. Having those tiers would introduce complexity to the system that I think Costco likes to try to avoid.

To the person that asked, it's not touchless car wash.
    Then it is a scratch machine, not a car wash. This has no value to me. It just costs me time and money to correct my paint afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by brunnesa View Post
    Then it is a scratch machine, not a car wash. This has no value to me. It just costs me time and money to correct my paint afterwards.
    If kept properly waxed/polished, automatic washes with brushes are not a problem!

24. Default Re: Costco

Ive used the newer brush washes around town on my new Pilot over the last few years and have never had so much as a scratch. They do a far better job than the touchless ones BECAUSE they touch. It's far cheaper than red carpet and fast. Only thing better is for me to do it by hand on my own, which i do when its warmer.

As far as Costco, i never use the vacuums at these places, so it wouldn't bother me. I typically clean the inside on my own at home at a totally different time than i wash the outside at a drive through. Now the window washers, those are only good if the gas station keeps them in good shape. OnCue does great while the older/smaller stations tend to just say "screw it". Definitely helpful when we get in the snow season and the crap builds up. I'm trying to recall is the Sams stations have window washers????

Quote Originally Posted by dford2 View Post
    If kept properly waxed/polished, automatic washes with brushes are not a problem!
    I disagree. If you have ever used any type automatic touch carwash on your vehicle, it has scratches in the clearcoat. The only way to prevent this is by hand washing with a 2 bucket method using a foam cannon and a drying aid while drying.

Here is a great video on how to wash a vehicle properly without scratching: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp1P55zUK7U

Thread Information