Widgets Magazine
Page 64 of 72 FirstFirst ... 145960616263646566676869 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,600 of 1798

Thread: Costco

Default Re: Costco

I agree the service is great but am underwhelmed by the offerings. For me, it hasn't lived up to the hype. I may check out the travel and insurance offerings before I cancel. Anyone use Costco for travel?

Quote Originally Posted by SouthSide View Post
    I agree the service is great but am underwhelmed by the offerings. For me, it hasn't lived up to the hype. I may check out the travel and insurance offerings before I cancel. Anyone use Costco for travel?
    i see people keep saying this, but maybe it's just what i buy. their meat department is significantly better than any sams... I am constantly using my smoker, and i have found the meat department alone to be enough to justify my membership

Anything with the Kirkland name on it is high quality and generally an outstanding value.

The same cannot be said for Members Mark at Sam's Club.

Agreed about the quality of Kirkland products. I've been a Consumer Reports subscriber for nearly 30 years and and at least since the mid '90s I've been reading about their rave reviews of Kirkland products. I was so excited when they started moving into the DFW area and then to ours.

5. Default Re: Costco

Quote Originally Posted by SouthSide View Post
    Yes and they offer great value and terrific customer service in travel products.

Funny that you are underwhelmed by their offerings because we are completely overwhelmed! But, it depends on how you shop, what you buy, and how you eat. We shop for our family just once a week. We eat 90% organic. Costco is the biggest organic retailer in the world. If you eat organic, then it is the most cost-effective place to eat organic. By far. They just always seem to have interesting products in that category--always changing and always growing. Honestly, having Costco here is just a game changer for us. Sam's is simply MILES behind in product selection and service--FOR US--perhaps for you it isn't worth the membership. We have neighbors who felt the same way and did not buy a membership and are perfectly satisfied with what Sam's offers. To each his own, but I couldn't be a bigger fan.

Target is to Costco as Walmart is to Sam's Club.

I do have to say, however, that Sam's does a much better job with their website and the Scan n' Go feature is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I do have to say, however, that Sam's does a much better job with their website and the Scan n' Go feature is awesome.
    also. if you are looking at name brands. i have found Sam's to still be slightly cheaper than Costco on those items. like paper towels, toilet paper, and even paper plates.

Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post
    also. if you are looking at name brands. i have found Sam's to still be slightly cheaper than Costco on those items. like paper towels, toilet paper, and even paper plates.
    i'm not sure why you would go to costo and buy anything but kirkland paper towels or toilet paper ..

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    i'm not sure why you would go to costo and buy anything but kirkland paper towels or toilet paper ..
    paper towels i can do... i would get kicked out of my house if i brought home anything but Charmin Ultrasoft for TP... so i know better than to start that fight. lol

Something that i did not care for when joining COSTCO was the high pressure (IMO) pitch to join the executive level as well as enrolling in their credit card. While I was clear that the $60 membership is what I wanted the help kept telling me what a better deal the executive membership was if I would be a member for 3 years. I also don't like that my MasterCard debt card is not accepted tender.

The store by and large offered some products that SAM'S did not such as $100 a LB WAYGU steaks, but that is a product that I would not be interested in. RAO'S at COSTCO and not SAM'S is a +.

I have been a SAM'S member for 4 years and if I had to choose between the two a year from now I would stick with SAM'S. If nothing else but the ease of shopping in the town I live in as well as keeping sales tax money in Norman. The SAM'S membership is 2/3 the cost of a COSTCO membership.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    Something that i did not care for when joining COSTCO was the high pressure (IMO) pitch to join the executive level as well as enrolling in their credit card. While I was clear that the $60 membership is what I wanted the help kept telling me what a better deal the executive membership was if I would be a member for 3 years. I also don't like that my MasterCard debt card is not accepted tender.

The store by and large offered some products that SAM'S did not such as $100 a LB WAYGU steaks, but that is a product that I would not be interested in. RAO'S at COSTCO and not SAM'S is a +.

I have been a SAM'S member for 4 years and if I had to choose between the two a year from now I would stick with SAM'S. If nothing else but the ease of shopping in the town I live in as well as keeping sales tax money in Norman. The SAM'S membership is 2/3 the cost of a COSTCO membership.
    mastercard debit card (as well as all debit cards ) are accepted ... with a PIN

i would also say that if you spend even a modest amount the extra 60 bucks for the exec member ships pays for itself ..

and isn't sams 45 a year?? so 3/4 the price of costco ?

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    mastercard debit card (as well as all debit cards ) are accepted ... with a PIN

i would also say that if you spend even a modest amount the extra 60 bucks for the exec member ships pays for itself ..

and isn't sams 45 a year?? so 3/4 the price of costco ?
    I got mine for 40 last year with a coupon.
    Whether or not the executive pays for itself is immaterial to the high pressure sales. No thanks means no thanks.

I got mine for 40 last year with a coupon.
    Whether or not the executive pays for itself is immaterial to the high pressure sales. No thanks means no thanks.
    i agree with that .. in all cases ..

Something that i did not care for when joining COSTCO was the high pressure (IMO) pitch to join the executive level as well as enrolling in their credit card. While I was clear that the $60 membership is what I wanted the help kept telling me what a better deal the executive membership was if I would be a member for 3 years.
    I was an executive member for at least a decade in California.

Only one year did it not more than pay for itself and in that instance, Costco refunded me the small difference.

Most years I netted about $50 or so, as I bought all my pet and party supplies there.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I was an executive member for at least a decade in California.

Only one year did it not more than pay for itself and in that instance, Costco refunded me the small difference.

Most years I netted about $50 or so, as I bought all my pet and party supplies there.
    we have had the same experience since it has been open in okc

I am a member of both. i wished that Cosco would have an order on line for curbside pickup. I am limiting my in store shopping with all the covid. This is where Sam's club shines. Also they have free shipping on lots of items with the plus membership. I had my truck torn down and in the shop at the dealership for 11 weeks. Ugh was supposed to be 2 weeks. No transportation for most of it and too far out for instacart. It was nice to be able to have nonperishables shipped to my front gate at no extra cost.

I am a fan of Costco! I like their private brand Kirkland and their stores seem to be a little more cleaner. They seem to also have a better wine selection and the quality of their meat is better than Sam's. I have had a good experience with my Costco store in Plano!

The meat selection was intersting but the packages are MASSIVE. With a small household and limited entertaining due to the pandemic, its not compelling enough to drive to Moore from OKC with any regularity.

Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post
    i see people keep saying this, but maybe it's just what i buy. their meat department is significantly better than any sams... I am constantly using my smoker, and i have found the meat department alone to be enough to justify my membership
    Hmm, I have to disagree here. I don't like the fact they blade tenderize all their beef, and I'm not a huge fan of their boneless pork butts. I also hate that I can't find a proper ribeye since they cut all the caps off to make their cap steaks (at least they used to, haven't been inside one in a little while). I do like that they tend to keep plate beef ribs in stock, though.

In any case, I keep a membership to both. It's cheap enough, and we've found there are offerings at both stores we really like. If I'm by myself, I always will go to Sam's because of Scan and Go.

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    I may be boring, but i wasn't overwhelmed by Costco. I mean is just felt like a red version of Sams to me. Yes they had some different brands (not counting their brand) and some items here and there that Sams does not. But honestly, the place wasn't that different .
    For us, simply not being part of the Wal-Mart organization is enough for us to shop at Costco.

I have not been impressed with Costco's beef but the stores are clean, the service is great and there are a few products we specifically go there for, like a specific dog food, dog supplements, their big bags of limes, their Kirkland roasted nuts are outstanding and they have several frozen entrees that I eat on a regular basis. I never price shop but my wife says their gas is a good deal, so we fill up the cars there as often as possible.

21. Default Re: Costco

folks, it's great to hear everyone's opinion and rightfully so. But, the main point is that we have choices in Oklahoma City!

It's not going to appeal to everyone but even if you don't like or patronize please be happy Costco (and other retailers) are here just for the choice and diversity/interest in the city.

I hope they build 2-3 more stores: West OKC, East somewhere and an urban central city store would be perfect offering for the metro.

One thing we LOVE about Costco besides the consistently lowest gas price is they have a very nice car-wash for $7.99 - you get the full treatment even automatic tire waxing; my MB C350e comes out looking brand new every wash, seriously. We only have one in the Seattle-Tacoma area (which is very surprising) in S Seattle, I hope they put at least one in OKC.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

What’s going just east of the north Costco?

Quote Originally Posted by mgharfeh View Post
    What’s going just east of the north Costco?
    That property has been for sale but there isn't a new buyer.

I suspect they may be draining the pond to make it more marketable.

24. Default Re: Costco

Quote Originally Posted by progressiveboy View Post
    I am a fan of Costco! I like their private brand Kirkland and their stores seem to be a little more cleaner. They seem to also have a better wine selection and the quality of their meat is better than Sam's. I have had a good experience with my Costco store in Plano!
    But their private brand is just mostly repackaged name brand items, no?

Quote Originally Posted by fromdust View Post
    But their private brand is just mostly repackaged name brand items, no?
    yes

Thread Information