Widgets Magazine
Page 63 of 72 FirstFirst ... 135859606162636465666768 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 1798

Thread: Costco

Default Re: Costco

I need new glasses. How is costco for eyewear. Is it worth the membership fee? Will I save the $50 in membership fees to go here to buy glasses. No insurance and 3 years ago my glasses were $450. I guess it depends on frames and lenses but have anyone priced compare with them and say eyemart express.

You might also look at Sam's club. They have an optical dept also. I've looked at Sam's club frames and was not impressed. I would think that Cosco would be the same. If you just need a cheap pair of glasses then go for it. I have insurance that covers a large part of mine, with that said, I much rather use my local optical shop in Edmond, Sight to See.

Quote Originally Posted by kukblue1 View Post
    I need new glasses. How is costco for eyewear. Is it worth the membership fee? Will I save the $50 in membership fees to go here to buy glasses. No insurance and 3 years ago my glasses were $450. I guess it depends on frames and lenses but have anyone priced compare with them and say eyemart express.
    If you just need glasses, why not just order online from Zenni or similar? Of course if you have other use for a Costco membership then it might be worth it. I don't have vision insurance and I usually average $100 with online frames and lenses, though my prescription is straightforward no bifocals no astigmatism.

I decided to order my glasses through Warby Parker (the store at Classen Curve).

I really like the frames but the lenses are all wrong in that they are progressives and I have to be looking almost straight down to read anything. I literally can't wear them in front of the computer, which is the main reason I got them.

Next time, I'll go through my eye doc because if this happens again, they'll make it right.

5. Default Re: Costco

I have progressives and Wal Mart's done it right for years. I don't know if there are any Wal Mart eye centers there yet but cost of the seller hasn't meant low quality for my case.

Does the Tulsa area still have the one Costco?

Quote Originally Posted by sgt. pepper View Post
    Does the Tulsa area still have the one Costco?
    Yes, and as far as I know there are not any additional locations in the works.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Yes, and as far as I know there are not any additional locations in the works.
    lots of rumors up that way about a second location coming to south Owasso

Quote Originally Posted by roci28 View Post
    Has anyone heard of Costco possibly going into the Yukon/Mustang area or is this just a rumor I was told??
    Employee I spoke today said Costco is planning a Yukon store. No timeline though.

Quote Originally Posted by Elrenogolf View Post
    Employee I spoke today said Costco is planning a Yukon store. No timeline though.
    They have been looking at sites near I-40 and Kilpatrick Turnpike.

But as far as I know, they haven't selected a site and made a firm commitment.

Any update on this location since it's opened? Haven't had a chance to go by there yet, but I might this evening.

Quote Originally Posted by therhett17 View Post
    Any update on this location since it's opened? Haven't had a chance to go by there yet, but I might this evening.
    I went yesterday evening. Pretty much the same set up as the OKC location on the inside, but noticed they had a few items I didn't see last week in OKC. It wasn't busy at all. However, I strategically go on weeknights to avoid the crowds.

Both locations are equidistant for me, but I think I'll stick with the OKC location because that 19th street intersection all the way to Telephone Rd is a hot mess no matter what day it is.

Quote Originally Posted by therhett17 View Post
    We went last friday. Was moderately busy, Seemed they had a few me things than OKC but could because newly stocked. Was happy with it and will go there instead of OKC. Caveat..I live by airport so it is closer and more handy

Hope this is a profitable location for them! If this store exceeds, then I am guessing they will proceed with the west OKC/Yukon location. Lots of good demographics in the Yukon/Mustang area which would support Costco!

Does anyone know how the 2 Costco locations are doing? Still staying busy and doing well hopefully so they will continue expanding.

Does anyone know how the 2 Costco locations are doing? Still staying busy and doing well hopefully so they will continue expanding.
    We just came from the North Costco and decided we'll pretty much only go in the evenings on weekdays from now on. There were plenty of people and a few "rushes" at the check-outs, but for the most part, you felt pretty isolated walking around the store, simply because the place is so big. They had two check-outs open and the one we used had three employees, one unloading the cart, one scanning and one re-loading the cart. The two manned check-outs and all six self-checkouts were pretty much going without let-up. It was a very nice experience to not have the huge crowds in certain sections of the store.

The one in Moore appears busy. I usually go in the evenings to avoid the crowds on the weekend. I was surprised to see the self-service gas pumps padlocked on Labor Day.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthSide View Post
    The one in Moore appears busy. I usually go in the evenings to avoid the crowds on the weekend. I was surprised to see the self-service gas pumps padlocked on Labor Day.
    they are locked during all non open hours at every Costco i have ever been too ..

And Costco always has at least one, usually two, attendants on duty working while open. They keep the place clean and neat, and they will help you pump gas it f you need assistance. That's the reason you can't get gas 24/7, Costco requires staffing on hand. However it's pretty good that you can get gas before and after the store hours.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    lots of rumors up that way about a second location coming to south Owasso
    north tulsa 2miles south of owasso ...

https://www.fox23.com/news/local/tul...NZPBC5XU6PBVQ/

^^^^^ Awesome !!!!!

Seems like odd placement, other than to be in Tulsa and not Owasso proper. All of Owasso's commercial development (Walmart, Sams, Target, Lowes, Home Depot, etc) like this is off of 96th Street and HWY 169, this is 5 miles south and there really isn't much else around it other than the American Airlines Facility and the Amazon Facility.

I wonder as to the amount of tax payer money Tulsa had to pay for this retail privilege.

24. Default Re: Costco

you know there was some given the location.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

25. Default Re: Costco

I can attest to the Moore one being insane on the weekends.....of course along with everything else on 19th. So getting there is a bit of a pain. I really wish Moore would close off that intersection at walmart and put in a light on Telephone Rd instead. One less complication for that terribly congested area.

I may be boring, but i wasn't overwhelmed by Costco. I mean is just felt like a red version of Sams to me. Yes they had some different brands (not counting their brand) and some items here and there that Sams does not. But honestly, the place wasn't that different. They were REALLY pushing the samples. I can say i dont like that you can't use a Discover card. We get all our points on that one so that's a bummer.

I went as a visitor. My sister-in-law has a membership and has had nothing but issues with her cards. The person that put her info in, messed up her address. She's been through 3 membership cards, a new Costco credit card, 3 vouchers, and I don't know how many hours working with membership on it. The people have all been super friendly and helpful, it's just made the situation so frustrating that she's ready to cancel already. If you had to have someone from membership check you out every time because the card keeps failing, i think anyone would get annoyed.

Thread Information