Widgets Magazine
Page 58 of 72 FirstFirst ... 85354555657585960616263 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 1798

Thread: Costco

Default Re: Costco

Quote Originally Posted by OKC Guy View Post
    Wow thats super news. Hope it passes (99.9% it does).
    Awesome, looks like a call center facility, and that could be anywhere in the metro

What kind of jobs are these? Warehousing?

I wonder how they come up with the $110,000,000/yr economic impact. Salary ($62m), taxes?

Anyways, seems like a good project. Plenty of jobs, but I would like to know the median salary.

Wonder what office building they are planning to purchase to house this? Could this be what is going to take over the Hertz Quail Springs building? Hasn’t it been rumored to have a unknown buyer already? Would that potentially be worth approx the 25 million this mentions?
    Just making a wild guess

Quote Originally Posted by jdizzle View Post
    What kind of jobs are these? Warehousing?
    Call center / customer service.

Quote Originally Posted by DowntownMan View Post
    Wonder what office building they are planning to purchase to house this? Could this be what is going to take over the Hertz Quail Springs building? Hasn’t it been rumored to have a unknown buyer already? Would that potentially be worth approx the 25 million this mentions?
    Just making a wild guess
    Yes, Hertz is doing their consolidation to the NW Expressway campus and I was told they had a buyer for their Quail Springs facility. Not sure it is Costco but would make sense.

BTW, Hertz has been downsizing pretty dramatically.

Quote Originally Posted by OkiePoke View Post
    I wonder how they come up with the $110,000,000/yr economic impact. Salary ($62m), taxes?

Anyways, seems like a good project. Plenty of jobs, but I would like to know the median salary.
    From the agenda Pete posted: $59,740

8. Default Re: Costco

Quote Originally Posted by Lafferty Daniel View Post
    From the agenda Pete posted: $59,740
    That’s the average salary. Median salary, which OkiePoke wondered about, would be much more useful to know as it would give us a better understanding of the distribution of salary levels.

Quote Originally Posted by king183 View Post
    That’s the average salary. Median salary, which OkiePoke wondered about, would be much more useful to know as it would give us a better understanding of the distribution of salary levels.
    Whoops, misread his post. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by king183 View Post
    Usually, there are small amount of more highly paid managers and then the large majority are paid less, obviously.

I would bet the average customer service rep gets paid around $40K.

It’s probably something like
    300 at $100,000k
    700 at $40,000k.

It’s still a huge influx of jobs either way.

12. Default Re: Costco

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Yes, Hertz is doing their consolidation to the NW Expressway campus and I was told they had a buyer for their Quail Springs facility. Not sure it is Costco but would make sense.

BTW, Hertz has been downsizing pretty dramatically.
    Hertz is teetering on bankruptcy with COVID travel downturn.

Was there a possible Costco going up around Yukon or just a rumor?

What is the timeline on the Moore store?

This is fabulous news. Not only are these good-paying jobs, they are jobs from an employer that respects its employees and honors the social contract. We need more jobs from employers like this in OKC.

16. Default Re: Costco

Just want to say Costco's refinance mortgage service was great. Got quick quotes and got 3 calls. Used those to leverage my current service to give me what I wanted.

Overall very easy and painless. Great service!

Presentation to the Economic Development Trust today.

Costco rep said they are in the process of negotiating a location to buy and should be able to reveal in about 2 weeks.

Also said this site would be a call center for their travel and ecommerce business units and that 90% of the workload would be for ecommerce.

I have to wonder how typical it is for CostCo's normal business operations for them to reinvest in a community they are so newly present in with additional, non-store related jobs.

Also, imagine if we had gotten this announcement first and the stores later. "Yeah, we have a CostCo call center."

That is fabulous for OKC. A great get!

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    I have to wonder how typical it is for CostCo's normal business operations for them to reinvest in a community they are so newly present in with additional, non-store related jobs.

Also, imagine if we had gotten this announcement first and the stores later. "Yeah, we have a CostCo call center."
    Steve’s article said they were stunned how good the workforce is here after opening the first warehouse.

You couldn’t never actually market the city this way but, “okc once you get here, hey this place is actually pretty cool”

Quote Originally Posted by gopokes88 View Post
    Steve’s article said they were stunned how good the workforce is here after opening the first warehouse.
    That's the PR line. You really think warehouse workers are much better here than anywhere else?

I suspect it has a lot to do with economic incentives; we gave them $1 million more than Tulsa for the warehouse so they knew straight away OKC was willing to give them money, and that's a huge part of their decision process (as outlined in their presentation).

That, and wages here are cheap. Note the 2 other finalists: Nevada and New Mexico.

This is what the chamber sent to real estate brokers last week.

Looking for 32,000SF; the old Hertz building near Quail Springs is 225,000SF.

Pete, the flyer says in the 10 county OKC region but if OKC is paying the incentive then it would need to be in OKC correct? Unless incentive is state funded?

Quote Originally Posted by OKC Guy View Post
    Pete, the flyer says in the 10 county OKC region but if OKC is paying the incentive then it would need to be in OKC correct? Unless incentive is state funded?
    Yes, I'm quite sure the site will be within OKC city limits because the Alliance for Economic Development is heavily involved, as is the chamber.

They can only get city incentives if they are actually in OKC. Surrounding communities can offer their own incentives but by all indications, this will be in Oklahoma City.

just browsing loopnet for fun, this would be my best guess (assuming costco would be willing to share a building with other tenants)...
    https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/1440...y-OK/10796453/

Thread Information