Widgets Magazine
Page 56 of 72 FirstFirst ... 65152535455565758596061 ... LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 1798

Thread: Costco

Default Re: Costco

Costco is going north of Integris. 100% confirmed to Moore. 60/40 in location, but pretty certain between Integris and Life church east of Telephone Road west of I-35

North of the new hospital or south of Fritts Farm both seem like very realistic possibilities for a Moore Costco.

Quote Originally Posted by jdg78 View Post
    Costco is going north of Integris. 100% confirmed to Moore. 60/40 in location, but pretty certain between Integris and Life church east of Telephone Road west of I-35
    This makes sense as far as drawing the Norman market also. Would have been nice though to see it over on I44

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    That’s so weird. At the one I go to here in San Antonio, (UTSA location) there is a worker at the self check out who guides you to open machines and also has a gun to scan big items. I’m sure the other two locations here have the same set up.
    I used the self checkout the other day because it was empty, and the attendant did have a gun, and scanned some of the larger items in my cart. There was no gun for me to use, like they have at Sam's, and it does suck that you have to take everything out of your cart or get yelled at by the machine. If they're going to have self checkout, they'd do well to just copy Sam's model.

A few days ago I used self serve, the clerk scanned the big items with his hand held scanner and then said I could scan the smaller ones on the table top.

I asked him if he would scan everything else in the cart for me, and he said Sure, and did.

Doesn’t ever hurt to,ask.

I noticed the Edmond Home Depot on Broadway has all new self checks outs with guns. It was nice.

Why Costco didn't add guns to theirs is a mystery.

Quote Originally Posted by jdg78 View Post
    Why isn’t OKC concerned with sales tax dollars in South OKC going to Moore? This could’ve gone off I44 in or near Lariat Landing. Instead we are ok with sales tax south of 240 going to Moore and could care less about sales tax dollars coming to South OKC from Moore, Norman, Mustang and Tri - City. For Christ’s sakes just de- annex south OKC from I-240 south. Mustang or Moore would do far better with this area of town versus OKC government.
    According to greenwell's office okc offered the same incentives for this location as they did for the north side location. Moore offered additional incentives.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Per this article it seems to indicate one will be built in Moore:

https://www.normantranscript.com/cos...e48ebd084.html
    I mean, that exit at I-35 and W. Indian Hill Road is terrible. ODOT and Norman need to get working on getting that rebuilt, so I can understand Costcos issue with that interchange.

As for Costco, I always thought they should open locations along I-40 close to Yukon, I-40 in Midwest City and then one between Norman and Moore.

9. Default Re: Costco

Seems odd. Could have built it just a bit south off Tecumseh in the UNP area and had it fine. Also right off the highway.

But after reading how much OKC had to pay to get them there I guess it makes sense.

I know there are no immediate plans but a West OKC and MWC location would make a lot sense.

11. Default Re: Costco

Meh. I'm at the point anymore where there's enough places to shop in Norman proper that anything north of Tecumseh may as well be in outer space. I'm sure there are plenty of folks in Norman (especially the west side) that are willing to make the drive, though, so I'm sure I'm the odd one out on this.

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    Seems odd. Could have built it just a bit south off Tecumseh in the UNP area and had it fine. Also right off the highway.

But after reading how much OKC had to pay to get them there I guess it makes sense.
    I don't think there is much support for massive retail "kick backs", err incentives among the voters. The disillusionment of how UNP turned out prompted a backlash against the TIF that was used there. I remember when the Wal Mart on the I-35 was built and the city paid for the access road off of Main and that generated upset folks. It would be political suicide for a council member to propose money for COSTCO to locate in Norman. SAM'S would be leading the charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    I don't think there is much support for massive retail "kick backs", err incentives among the voters. The disillusionment of how UNP turned out prompted a backlash against the TIF that was used there. I remember when the Wal Mart on the I-35 was built and the city paid for the access road off of Main and that generated upset folks. It would be political suicide for a council member to propose money for COSTCO to locate in Norman. SAM'S would be leading the charge.
    Just kind of ironic that, 3 years before or after when it was actually getting developed, and UNP turns out how it was planned. The downturn hit at the worst time for that development. But that is life, at times.

Quote Originally Posted by jonny d View Post
    Just kind of ironic that, 3 years before or after when it was actually getting developed, and UNP turns out how it was planned. The downturn hit at the worst time for that development. But that is life, at times.
    Crossing my fingers and toes that something similar doesn't happen with OAK.

This also is part of the reason I'm frustrated with Chisholm Creek, they've had several years of a relatively favorable economy to work with and still haven't managed to build anything particularly memorable or walkable IMO.

Went to Costco today and what do i see next to the Hearing Aids/ Pharmacy? An Optical shop!! I thought the state question did not pass...(costco gal said they started Nov 1st) the costco gal said sam's/walmart will probably put their optical shops in at the beginning of the year. is that why the samsclub photo shop closed and is online only?
    costco: frame $ + $60 single vision lens + tax. 5 day turnaround time

Yes, they closed the photo department (moved it to on-line) to make room for optical.

Voters did vote down the 'big box optical' question but later there was a compromise by the parties involved and the law was passed through the state legislature.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Yes, they closed the photo department (moved it to on-line) to make room for optical.

Voters did vote down the 'big box optical' question but later there was a compromise by the parties involved and the law was passed through the state legislature.
    wow; what was the compromise? i am still one of the few subscribers to the Oklahoman newspaper (in which their delivery went downhill since they were sold), but did not read about it. i know 100+ new laws started on Nov 1st.

thanks!

Costco plans for Moore revealed

Following a red-hot start at the first Costco location in the Oklahoma City area, Costco is actively working on a new location in Moore.

Main entrance to proposed Costco in Moore

The iconic warehouse chain opened at Memorial Road and Western last May and by all accounts, the store has been a huge success. OKCTalk has learned the OKC store is one of the best performing in the entire chain.

Long lines to gain membership and shop have given way to a steady stream of Central Oklahoma customers attracted by heavily discounted items with a strong emphasis on customer service.

Many locals welcomed the opportunity to not only shop Costco's unique lineup of products – including their popular private-label Kirkland brand – but also as an option to the near-monopoly Walmart has held in the OKC market through its main superstores, Neighborhood Markets and Sam's Clubs.

The company has been searching for a second area location in the Moore and Norman areas and has settled on a site in Moore on Telephone Road, just west of I-35.

The company believes it can draw not only from rapidly-growing Moore but also from Norman, south OKC and beyond.

Tentative start of construction is fall 2020 with a targeted completion of February 2021.

North perspective

Wait, another store doing much better in OKC then expected? Who would have thought?! This one will kill it, as well!

Quote Originally Posted by jdizzle View Post
    wait, another store doing much better in okc then expected? Who would have thought?! This one will kill it, as well!
    lol

I’m at Costco and no one I’ve talked to will confirm it.

So it’s probably true!

^

They are notoriously secretive.

Too bad the city didn't fight to get this store in south okc.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthSide View Post
    Too bad the city didn't fight to get this store in south okc.
    I was surprised this isn’t going to be in Norman

Quote Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
    I was surprised this isn’t going to be in Norman

It’s practically in Norman with where it’s situated. But for retailers, this area of of Moore makes much more sense than Norman. The whatever mile radius that they’re aiming for, it’s gonna capture the majority of Norman. At least the affluent areas of Norman, it will. Then they also draw from west Moore and S. OKC where there’s money. You put it in Norman, you might lose some of those potential customers. Just my opinion though, so may have no idea wtf I’m talking about.

Thread Information