Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: H&M

Far North H&M

As we were first to report back in late 2013, H&M has been working with Quail Springs Mall trying to find enough space for their men's and women's clothing store.

Today, a building permit application was submitted for the international retailer. They will be taking 22,713 square feet on two levels.

[PRBREAK][/PRBREAK]
    For some time, Quail Springs has been shuffling tenants in order to accommodate H&M and after not renewing some leases and quite a bit of shifting, space has been cleared and work is set to start soon.

H & M Hennes & Mauritz AB (H&M) is a Swedish multinational retail-clothing company, known for its fast-fashion clothing for men, women, teenagers and children.

H&M exists in 55 countries with 3,500 stores and as of 2013 employed around 116,000 people The first store was opened on the high street of Västerås, Sweden in 1947.

This will be the first H&M location in the state of Oklahoma and the store should be open this summer.

This is the second recent big addition to Quail Springs, as the state's first Von Maur department store opened last fall in the space formerly occupied by Sears.

www.hm.com/us

3/22/15 Update

These are the detailed plans for the store.

It will be located in the middle of the mall just above the food court. The 2nd level will feature women's, boys and girls departments between Hot Topic and Zeimez. The first level will be all men's, between the Buckle and American Eagle.

An internal escalator will connect the two floors.

The store has set a very aggressive construction schedule, as they hope to open late this summer.

Default Re: H&M Possibly Coming to Quail Springs

Awesome. I think H&M would be a definite fit for OKC. If this is true it is a sure sign QSM is about to turn a corner.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I've heard from a very reliable source that H&M is in the process of negotiating a lease at Quail Springs.

This is at least somewhat tied to the Von Maur development, in that they want to be open about the same time.

There are 8 H&M's in Texas and one in Kansas City -- those are currently the closest to OKC.

For those that don't know, H&M features stylish clothes at reasonable prices.

H&M | H&M US

From Wikipedia:

H & M Hennes & Mauritz AB (H&M) is a Swedish multinational retail-clothing company, known for its fast-fashion clothing for men, women, teenagers and children.

H&M exists in 43 countries and as of 2011 employed around 94,000 people. The first store was opened on the high street of Västerås, Sweden in 1947. It had 2,325 stores at the end of 2011 and 2,629 stores at the end of August 2012. It is ranked the second largest global clothing retailer, just behind Spain-based Inditex (parent company of ZARA), and leads over third largest global clothing retailer, United States based GAP Inc.
    Darn wish it was going to Penn.

I am curious where they will go in QSM. Don't thye usually like to have two story stores like Foreve 21 at Penn?

I was in an H & M in Denver this past Saturday, and it was a 2 story store.

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    Darn wish it was going to Penn.
    I know what you mean, but it may be better for OKC long term for this to go into QSM. That mall was going the direction of Crossroads and this as well as Von Maur are game changers. QSM could become a second option for upscale retailers who want to be in OKC but can't get a spot in Penn.

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    I am curious where they will go in QSM. Don't thye usually like to have two story stores like Foreve 21 at Penn?
    They will probably do some "reconfiguring to accomodate this retailer. That is very common to do and should not be a difficult task. This is good for QSM hope that it happens!

This is great news. H&M is a fun, hip, and affordable store that will go over very well here. And, there are several smaller, one story version of H&M around, including one in Vegas.

I was thinking that maybe they could go into the old A and F spot? There is also a mom pop tenant I believe next to the old A and F. maybe they could use it too

Quote Originally Posted by SomeGuy View Post
    I was thinking that maybe they could go into the old A and F spot? There is also a mom pop tenant I believe next to the old A and F. maybe they could use it too
    I doubt that will be the case. The typical A&F is far smaller than the typical H&M. Maybe Disney below it will move and it will go there as a two story anchor. H&Ms also usually have outdoor entrances.

Once in place, it makes their new online site more acceptable as well. With a physical presence in the state, they will collect sales tax instead of customers being on the honor system regarding remitting a use tax.

This would definitely cause me to go to Quail more often! Love H&M!

This could get me to brave the traffic at Quail, and without having to brave the "street youths" at Penn. Good news!

My wife is going to have a gigantic heart attack if this happens

Von Maur & H&M? Looks like QSM is getting serious about staying above water.

Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    I know what you mean, but it may be better for OKC long term for this to go into QSM. That mall was going the direction of Crossroads and this as well as Von Maur are game changers. QSM could become a second option for upscale retailers who want to be in OKC but can't get a spot in Penn.
    I just don't get how QS was going to CR. I didn't see it and it is always active with a wealthy demographic area surrounding it. I just don't understand how people think it was going downhill. It could use a good remodel, but to say it was heading where Crossroads it at, I think is an exaggeration.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    I just don't get how QS was going to CR. I didn't see it and it is always active with a wealthy demographic area surrounding it. I just don't understand how people think it was going downhill. It could use a good remodel, but to say it was heading where Crossroads it at, I think is an exaggeration.
    It's because a lot of the national tenants have been replaced by low-end mom and pop stores and regional chains like Rave and Image over the past few years. That results in a snowball effect of lower sales-per-square-foot and further declines in tenant mix and clientelle. That is usually the first step towards a mall eventually dying. I am not sure how the Macy's and the Dillard's at QSM are doing, but the physical appearance of the stores couldn't be more different from the Penn locations.

Great news! I had a good time in H&M at the Forum Shops last time I was in Las Vegas. It was a massive store; I believe it replaced FAO Schwarz.

This does not make sense for Quail Springs at all. Next we know, the Urban Outfitters will go in Penn Square, across from Zumiez and other high-class establishments.

It's clear that the OKC market is strong enough to make up for our severe dearth of high-quality retail space. That's a testament to our local economy, but unfortunately we are still going to miss out on the opportunity to create a "big-city" shopping experience with at least a lifestyle center, if not something better.

I am starting to think OKC may be the largest metro without a legitimate lifestyle center?

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    This does not make sense for Quail Springs at all. Next we know, the Urban Outfitters will go in Penn Square, across from Zumiez and other high-class establishments.

It's clear that the OKC market is strong enough to make up for our severe dearth of high-quality retail space. That's a testament to our local economy, but unfortunately we are still going to miss out on the opportunity to create a "big-city" shopping experience with at least a lifestyle center, if not something better.

I am starting to think OKC may be the largest metro without a legitimate lifestyle center?
    I bet we'll see one at 63rd & Western when CHK finally sells all that land on the south side of 63rd.

You are probably right. However, lifestyle centers, at least large ones, aren't really being built anymore nationally. They are a symbol of the pre-recession economy. OKC may have missed its chance. Unfortunately, everything that was proposed as either cancelled, scalled down to nothing, or ended up becoming a Wal-Mart shopping center. If only Belle Isle would have stuck with the original plan and not have went the Wal-Mart route...

OKC doesn't need a lifestyle center to be able to attract the type of retail it should have, if existing developments like Classen Curve and QSM are executed well.

Also it wouldn't surprise me to see Urban Outfitters in Penn Square or Classen Curve.

Urban has been looking for space here for a long time now. Originally I heard they were looking for a grittier area than Classen Curve or Penn Square. Problem is, we don't have any older retail areas that would work. The Plaza is almost right, but the surrounds aren't gentrified enough most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by betts View Post
    Urban has been looking for space here for a long time now. Originally I heard they were looking for a grittier area than Classen Curve or Penn Square. Problem is, we don't have any older retail areas that would work. The Plaza is almost right, but the surrounds aren't gentrified enough most likely.
    Yes we do, N Broadway.

Quote Originally Posted by betts View Post
    23rd could work in a few years, has the grit covered.

Blog Entries

This does not make sense for Quail Springs at all.
    Makes perfect sense from a marketing perspective. It is a mid-low price fashion retailer with a big available market in north OKC. It is not a high end retailer and will draw from Edmond and north OKC. Not a hipster place.

Thread Information