Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Aldi's coming to Edmond

Default Aldi's coming to Edmond

Aldi plans Edmond location
    James Coburn
    The Edmond Sun

EDMOND — The Edmond Planning Commission approved the site plan 5-0 recently for an Aldi grocery store, with a location proposed west of the RCB Bank, north of Edmond Road and west of Kelly Avenue.

ALDI Inc. is a national discount grocery chain in the United States, Europe and Australia, according to the city. The headquarters for ALDI are in Batavia, Ill.

- See more at: Aldi plans Edmond location » Local News » The Edmond Sun

The chain has several store openings planned in Oklahoma, including a recent store that opened in Stillwater this month

Default Re: Aldi's coming to Edmond

Who shops at Aldi's? I've never met a soul who claims they have purchased something from that store.

Rom, if no one shopped there, I highly doubt they would be in business; let alone expanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Aldi plans Edmond location
    James Coburn
    The Edmond Sun

EDMOND — The Edmond Planning Commission approved the site plan 5-0 recently for an Aldi grocery store, with a location proposed west of the RCB Bank, north of Edmond Road and west of Kelly Avenue.

ALDI Inc. is a national discount grocery chain in the United States, Europe and Australia, according to the city. The headquarters for ALDI are in Batavia, Ill.

- See more at: Aldi plans Edmond location » Local News » The Edmond Sun
    North American headquarters...Aldi is a German chain, which is why you bag your own groceries.

Rom, if no one shopped there, I highly doubt they would be in business; let alone expanding.
    Do you shop there ?

6. Default Re: Aldi's coming to Edmond

My wife shops at the one on penn and memorial and loves it

Quote Originally Posted by Rom View Post
    Do you shop there ?
    No

I shop at Aldi's from time to time. It's a great concept.

My wife shops there. She shops in about 3 different places a month with Aldi being one of them. She will be thrilled with this news, although it is a bit surprising. Seems like to build in Edmond they would want to be further to the East - not as close to the Memorial & Penn one.

I love Aldi's shopped the one in Moore all the time. Don't frequent Aldi since moving to Edmond. The Penn and memorial location is awful traffic-wise. I'm excited about this new Edmond location. It's on my way home from work.

*UPDATE* - No sign of any sort of construction at the proposed Aldi location in Edmond. I visited the new Yukon location and it is very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    *UPDATE* - No sign of any sort of construction at the proposed Aldi location in Edmond. I visited the new Yukon location and it is very nice.
    I concur - I hope this becomes a reality. Told my wife and others about it and they were all really excited. Another way to stay away from the Penn/Memorial area.

yesterday (dec 17), land was being cleared on the site.

Update:

Pictures taken March 12, 2014

Y'all like that place...? To each his own. It's kind of a dump with gross processed generic crap.

I've never been to one man, just posting the progress its making.

Quote Originally Posted by Midtowner View Post
    Y'all like that place...? To each his own. It's kind of a dump with gross processed generic crap.
    Agree 100%

No, not the new one in Stillwater. It's different. Just brands you never heard of. The city of Stillwater put up a new stop light on N. Perkins Rd. for the store, but only made traffic congestion even worse.

Sorry, accidental duplicate deleted.

I won't go out of my way to shop there, but if one were convenient, I'd use it. Sure, it's not a health food store, but (with a few exceptions here and there) cereal is cereal, salsa is salsa, ketchup is ketchup. It's no more a dump than most other grocery stores and you can get some really good deals there.

21. Default Re: Aldi's coming to Edmond

Ive never bought gross processed generic crap from the Aldis I go to. Get the same stuff I can get at crest, walmart, Albertsons, ect

Same quality just less shnazy packaging

I've never been to one man, just posting the progress its making.
    Thanks for the photos. It's good to see some progress. I predict a healthy turnout when the store officially opens.

One thing is for sure...ya won't see many lawyers shopping at Aldi's...except for the smart ones.

If you ever get into a Aldi's and look around. There are a lot of older people on SS who shop there. Also lots of large families. I go there to get some of their German food products. They also carry a brand of bread that is popular in Chicago and not otherwise available in Oklahoma.

Thread Information