Widgets Magazine
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: How to meet people in OKC?

Default Re: How to meet people in OKC?

Thank you to everyone who has responded! Some good info here!

2. Default Re: How to meet people in OKC?

Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Yeah, if you're a churchgoer, Frontline Church downtown is loaded with people in that age group.
    Yes, Frontline has many opportunities for young adults to get into community. Churchgoer or not. Super kind people there.

^

City Pres is another with a lot of young people involved in the community.

. . . if your interested in the arts, might try the younger folks groups with OKCMOA and the Philharmonic!

5. Default Re: How to meet people in OKC?

On a different note, just completely out of my curiosity, does anyone on here often meet other active OKCTalk users/posters? Other than organized meet ups in the past. I'm the only one in my family/friend/work groups that has an account on here instead of just following the Instagram account. Crazy, cause this is such a fantastic site and resource.

I love hearing the amazing input, thoughts, and info from passionate people but I haven't seen anyone's face lol! Makes me wonder if I've met any of you avid posters and had no idea.

^

I used to organize the get-togethers but those were pretty much while I lived in California.

I'm nervous about them now because OKCTalk has become such a big deal I've had a bunch of personal threats (just stupid stuff but it's still scary and I'm very easy to find due to my unique last name that pretty much everyone knows) and I now strongly prefer to keep a low profile.

7. Default Re: How to meet people in OKC?

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    ^

I used to organize the get-togethers but those were pretty much while I lived in California.

I'm nervous about them now because OKCTalk has become such a big deal I've had a bunch of personal threats (just stupid stuff but it's still scary and I'm very easy to find due to my unique last name that pretty much everyone knows) and I now strongly prefer to keep a low profile.
    OKCTalk Subscriber only cocktail hour!

8. Default Re: How to meet people in OKC?

^

My goodness... I can't imagine. That is definitely scary regardless of if you know the legitimacy of a threat.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
    My goodness... I can't imagine. That is definitely scary regardless of if you know the legitimacy of a threat.
    If I shared some of the things I've had to deal with, people would not believe it.

I would never have believed it myself and being too open has left me vulnerable in ways I couldn't have imagined.

Now that I'm back in OKC and easy to find, I'm much more careful and it sucks having to be that way.

10. Default Re: How to meet people in OKC?

I’m so sorry, Pete. I’m thankful for all you do and that you’re here.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
    I’m so sorry, Pete. I’m thankful for all you do and that you’re here.
    Thanks.

I probably need to get over all this and arrange another get-together. I always loved them and have made some good friends that way.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OKCtransplant1 View Post
    Thank you to everyone who has responded! Some good info here!
    Volunteering is always a good way to meet the right kind of people. And there are many organizations that can use the help. Check with the OKC Foundation. Lots of really good people doing great things.

13. Default Re: How to meet people in OKC?

If I shared some of the things I've had to deal with, people would not believe it.
    As a former anonymous, two-bit, hack, wannabe, BBQ blogger.... I would totally believe every last word of it.

Thread Information