Widgets Magazine

Thread: Micro Center

Large Chain Micro Center

I Know there isn't any Micro Center in the Oklahoma City Area. but i want to know, what are your thoughts if micro center came to the OKC Metro area. also where do you think it could be. The Dallas Location is 52,753.73 ft² (4,900.98 m²) while the Overland Park Location is 31,459.16 ft² (2,922.65 m²).

Default Re: Micro Center

Quote Originally Posted by TornadoKegan View Post
    I Know there isn't any Micro Center in the Oklahoma City Area. but i want to know, what are your thoughts if micro center came to the OKC Metro area. also where do you think it could be. The Dallas Location is 52,753.73 ft² (4,900.98 m²) while the Overland Park Location is 31,459.16 ft² (2,922.65 m²).
    Had to Google it, never heard of it. I mean I'm always down for more electronics stores

Quote Originally Posted by TornadoKegan View Post
    i mean, i just have a feeling it would either go in along Memorial or in Moore. since i live on the south side of the metro, i would prefer moore, of those two locals.

A perfect spot would be where the current Dick's Sporting Goods is in Memorial and Penn, once the new Dick's is opened and they move.

Everytime my family goes down to Dallas (which is more than ≈ 8 times a year) we go to the Micro Center on I-75. It used to be Fry's (RIP) but at least we still have Micro Center. They frequently have great deals on all kinds of things. It's how we bought our first 3D printer, and now we have 4, all from Micro Center.

But yeah, I would love to get one here. I'm holding out hope for one, one day.

I spent my teen years always going in and out of Microcenter there in north Dallas. Man I loved that place. Is it still there? I'd love to have one here somewhere on the north side of Memorial. Maybe somewhere on Memorial between Western and Santa Fe.

Having Texas Instruments so close to MicroCenter helps with the foot traffic. I doubt OKC would ever get one.

Yeah, It would likely go in the Old Dicks Building on Penn and Memorial or the old Hemispheres Building in Moore if they didnt want to build a new building

Quote Originally Posted by MagzOK View Post
    I spent my teen years always going in and out of Microcenter there in north Dallas. Man I loved that place. Is it still there? I'd love to have one here somewhere on the north side of Memorial. Maybe somewhere on Memorial between Western and Santa Fe.
    It is still there. i went there a few months ago

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    Having Texas Instruments so close to MicroCenter helps with the foot traffic. I doubt OKC would ever get one.
    Sharonville OH, just outside of Cincinnati has one... OKC would provide at least the same foot traffic as them.

they have 26 stores nation wide, and not all are next to Texas Instruments locations, or other high end tech companies.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    There are 25 Other Locations in the US with 2 more on the way. Miami, FL and Charlotte, NC

Thread Information