Widgets Magazine

Thread: Dent Source <------ Do not use this company

Default Dent Source <------ Do not use this company

I'm so frustrated with this company and the service I've received thus far, I don't know what else to do. My vehicle, like others, endured heavy hail damage in the May 20th storms. I dropped my vehicle off on 6/10 for what I was told a couple weeks worth of work. As of today (8/1/13), my vehicle is still not finished. My insurance carrier supplied a rental car for a max of $800 which covered roughly a little over three weeks. I spent another $600 for another couple weeks of rental before I finally took it back thinking my vehicle was close to being finished (at least that's what I was told). So I've been a chauffeur to my family of four for the last three weeks.

I've filed a complaint with the Oklahoma Better Business Bureau and posted a review on Angieslist.com, but my complaints to the company seem to be falling on deaf ears. I've requested the general manager to call me on three occasions and have yet to receive one call back.

I just don't want others to go through this experience.

2. Default Re: Dent Source <------ Do not use this company

If nobody is returning your calls, it might be worth an in-person trip.

Default Re: Dent Source <------ Do not use this company

I am always a little leary of companies that offer crazy deals through Groupon. I saw DentSource advertising $69 hail repair. Really?

I used Dents on Demand in Edmond, and they did a fantastic job. I dropped my car off on Monday and it was ready Friday, and I had $3,600 in hail damage on every panel.

Quote Originally Posted by OklahomaNick View Post
    I am always a little leary of companies that offer crazy deals through Groupon. I saw DentSource advertising $69 hail repair. Really?

I used Dents on Demand in Edmond, and they did a fantastic job. I dropped my car off on Monday and it was ready Friday, and I had $3,600 in hail damage on every panel.
    I did see the Groupon, unfortunately, it was after I had dropped of the vehicle. Good to know about Dents on Demand.

I have spoken to my rep at DentSource. I've requested to speak with his manager and even called requesting her and nothing. The total claim on the vehicle was around $6,500. They've already received around $2,500 directly from the insurance company for the supplement. I still owe them $4,000 with the deductible included.

5. Default Re: Dent Source <------ Do not use this company

Have you told your insurance company what's going down? They've got more horsepower than you in going after shops like that.

Have they touched your car yet? If not, I'd be down there taking my property back, and letting the insurance company know that the shop stole their money. Hyperbole? SURE! But it'll get the ball rolling one way or another.

I have never used the so called Dent Shops because most are fly by night operations. Most reputable body shops have their own dent team or use a contractor that works with their shop as needed. The body shops will usually back the work that is done and quote you an honest price. Sure it may mean you have to wait for the work to get done because of a back long but, at least your having it done by somebody who wants to be in business for more than just a few weeks at a time.

I just had my hail damage repaired at Oklahoma Body Works, a normal body shop that also does hail repair and I am very pleased. It was substantial damage, $6,500 estimate by the insurance appraiser. And they completed the job about 7 days quicker and $300 cheaper than they expected. They thought they were going to have to replace the roof, but their "dent repair" man was able to repair the old one. It looks like a new car. They were recommended (after I asked) by my insurance agent. They are located at 63rd and Rockwell. I think they have been in business for a quite a while.
    C. T.

Glad I didn't use that Groupon - although I did think about it for my son's car.

Another great body shop is Bodyworx in Guthrie. They did a great job on a car I used to own and are very fair and up front.

Hope you get it resolved to your satisfaction.

Well I showed up on Friday, not expecting to get my vehicle, but to my surprise the vehicle was ready except a car wash (which I wasn't expecting or about to wait for). They did waive the deductible (after asking them to do better on the price) but that's all. Apparently how fast your car gets finished is up to your sales person. It seems there is a competition between sales people to get your car through the repair process. Unfortunately, my sales person and general manager were horrible (thus no longer working there). The new manager helped me get my car and she seems to be getting a hold of all the outstanding vehicles. I still left feeling unsatisfied, but will not be recommending this place to anyone. It seems I was lucky my car was there only two months, there was a lady that has had her vehicle there for at least three.

Wow, that's a really backward process.

These shops take on way too much workload and drool when a hailstorm comes through. Insurance money to bodyshops and dent repair shops is legal theft.

It's more profitable for a business to take on a bunch of hail damaged cars to collect on the insurance checks and piss off customers that would have likely not returned anyways.

This is why whenever you need any auto body work done, check the area around the shop - most of the time they keep the cars in "queue" in the rear. If there is tons of damaged cars there, then don't expect to get your vehicle back any time soon. Look elsewhere.

12. Default Re: Dent Source <------ Do not use this company

Or...Since all the shops (especially the good ones) are crazy behind...You could do the obvious.

Not give them your car until they're ready to work on it. Not give them any money either.

OGTS,
    Exactly what I did. They wanted to schedule me in May, and I wanted to wait till mid June or later to get through the stormy season (more hail). They agreed, and didn't take a dime till the work was complete. In fact, didn't deposit my check for almost a week after I wrote it. Not smart from a cash flow standpoint, but Ok by me.
    C. T.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oh GAWD the Smell! View Post
    Or...Since all the shops (especially the good ones) are crazy behind...You could do the obvious.

Not give them your car until they're ready to work on it. Not give them any money either.

14. Default Re: Dent Source <------ Do not use this company

Our damage (to three out of our four cars dammit!) was in May...And Not one of them has been in a shop yet. Some shops are booked through January!

We have appointments for the wife's car and my truck in the next two weeks or so...And no money has changed hands, and it won't until work starts.

As an aside here...People that have rental car coverage during repairs...Check your policy. It probably has a low limit in time or money. I don't think they'll pay for a rental over 30 days at any company. Rental companies won't tell you this either. They'll just wait...Then tell you "You owe us $1,822!". My wife deals with this all the time (she works in insurance).

OGTS,
    Just curious and not to be argumentative, but how is the car rental company supposed to know what your insurance company covers? And just so you know, I'm retired from Hertz (Information Technologies). I would think it would be my responsibility to know what my insurance covers and make appropriate plans. Again, I really am curious.
    C. T.
    As an aside here...People that have rental car coverage during repairs...Check your policy. It probably has a low limit in time or money. I don't think they'll pay for a rental over 30 days at any company. Rental companies won't tell you this either. They'll just wait...Then tell you "You owe us $1,822!". My wife deals with this all the time (she works in insurance).

16. Default Re: Dent Source <------ Do not use this company

Quote Originally Posted by ctchandler View Post
    OGTS,
    Just curious and not to be argumentative, but how is the car rental company supposed to know what your insurance company covers? And just so you know, I'm retired from Hertz (Information Technologies). I would think it would be my responsibility to know what my insurance covers and make appropriate plans. Again, I really am curious.
    C. T.
    Oh, it is your responsibility for sure. And the rental company doesn't know specifics, but they have a general understanding of how it all works. I could have phrased that better I guess. They don't have a vested interest in a convoluted conversation with you about your insurance policy. At most, your rental car agent might bring it up as a courtesy for you to double check your policy...But they're not going to go out of their way. They'll get paid either way, so why get any more involved with your insurance than they need be?

Don't worry about being argumentative on this forum...Everybody's feisty.

OGTS,
    Thanks for the reply and if you are anything like your picture, I don't plan on getting "feisty" with you! Just look at my picture (yes, it's really me a couple of years ago) and you will understand why.
    C. T.
    Don't worry about being argumentative on this forum...Everybody's feisty.

Hmmmm. Had my truck repaired at Dent Source and am very pleased with their work! They are a locally owned business. Maybe you just had a bad experience? All of the news channels do business there.

19. Default Re: Dent Source <------ Do not use this company

Dent on Demand is a good one. I own a roofing company and throw all of my customers that way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information