Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone having trouble lately with Cox Internet Service going down often?

Default Re: Anyone having trouble lately with Cox Internet Service going down often?

Around the 11th of July and for about 5 days there after, my system would randomly drop it's internet connection.

It started the morning after an update to Windows 7 for the first few days it would only drop the connection once a day then it moved to twice a day. After a couple of days of this I decided that I would restore my system to a date before the update. But on the morning I was going to do so I received a system notification that an update had been install overnight and I have not lost connection since.

2. Default Re: Anyone having trouble lately with Cox Internet Service going down often?

My cable modem operated sporadically for about 2 weeks. About a week ago my Internet, Cox cable service, and my telephone all went down simultaneously.

At the beginning of the summer, I failed to trim my backyard trees. When I checked on my outside cable line, it appeared there was a lot of pressure on the cable. After trimming the trees, the problem was NOT solved. When Cox sent out a repairman, he discovered my house line had separated from the main node line. He reattached it & everything has been running great since. This experience will teach me to trim my trees every year.

3. Default Re: Anyone having trouble lately with Cox Internet Service going down often?

Double post

4. Default Re: Anyone having trouble lately with Cox Internet Service going down often?

I've definitely seen quality go down with the service over the last couple of weeks. Things will just start slowing down significantly and then after a couple of minutes, be back to what it should be. My guess is just a lot of congestion and the network can't handle it.

Default Re: Anyone having trouble lately with Cox Internet Service going down often?

Your downstream numbers seem very low to me. SNR should be closer to 40dB, and the power level should be higher. I think you may want to check the cable connections to your modem, and possibly remove that splitter if it's not an approved one from Cox. The wrong splitter can attenuate the signal to an unusable level. Loose cable connections are also notorious for causing problems. Try running the cable directly into the modem to see if your downstream numbers improve, and check that all coax connections are tight.

Cox is completely down in my area.

It's been down since 5 a.m. Friday during the lightning storm.

No cable TV, no Internet since it went out Friday morning.

Friday they said they were working on it and it would be up Friday evening. No luck yet.

The biggest trouble I have with Cox Internet (and other) Service is not that it keeps going down . . .
    It's that it keeps going UP. (Newbie bill=$99 bundle. Loyal Customer bill=$180.)

Quote Originally Posted by radicalmoderate View Post
    the biggest trouble i have with cox internet (and other) service is not that it keeps going down . . .
    It's that it keeps going up. (newbie bill=$99 bundle. Loyal customer bill=$180.)
    this

Thread Information