Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 12 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Enable Midstream Partners

Default Enable Midstream Partners

Have it on good authority there will be an announcement later today that CenterPoint MLP will be moving "a couple hundred" jobs from Houston to OKC.

Since CenterPoint MLP has more than two hundred jobs in Houston, this does not necessarily mean the Enogex/CenterPoint entity (rumored to be named Enable Midstream Partners) will be headquartered in Oklahoma City.

Couple of likely scenarios:

1. OKC will be the Enable HQ with some employees staying in Houston, at least for the time being
    2. Houston will be the Enable HQ with OKC being a division/branch/field office

Based on everything we've heard to date, seems like scenario #1 is far more likely, although the announcement today might not completely clear this up.

Default Re: Announcement coming today regarding CenterPoint jobs moving to OKC

Do not know if this will directly impact the proposed Stage Center Tower, but that seems very likely, although again, that specific tie-in might not be part of this announcement.

Good news.

4. Default Re: Announcement coming today regarding CenterPoint jobs moving to OKC

Now, if I can only get my wife a job there...I'll be on Easy Street.

Whoa! This is awesome!

To put things into perspective:

Company Market Cap # of Employees
    Devon Energy $22 B 3,100
    Access Midstream (CHK) $7.9 B 1,200
    Enogex/CenterPoint MLP $11 B 1,500 (approx.)

Announcement may be coming soon... As in the next hour or two.

*ANY TIME* I hear that jobs are moving from Houston to OKC, my heart leaps with joy!

Not that this happens often. In fact, hardly ever. Last time I recall was Devon employees being moved to OKC a few months ago.

Here is a video centerpoint uploaded last night:

Midstream Partnership Name Announcement - YouTube

Yep, that confirms what we had discussed yesterday:

Would have to think some Houston-area media would be picking up on this pretty soon.

They may have taken James Harden from us...but we are taking their JOBS!

Advantage OKC.

That's a seriously well.put together video for what is really a relatively mundane announcement. If that is any indication to what type of company this will be, then I really hope OKC lands it.

HangryHippo Guest

I really, really hope they decide to locate their HQ here in OKC.

15. Default Re: Announcement coming today regarding CenterPoint jobs moving to OKC

Sure seems like the focus of that video was mainly on OGE/Enogex employees.....a potential sign?

Someone (I think Sid) posted sometime back about a CenterPoint Earnings Conference Call on August 1.
    Wonder if that is related.

I work for OG&E and have on good authority that there will not be an announcement about jobs moving to OKC. Sorry to disappoint.

1 post... Not sure if this makes it more legit or more troll...

EDIT: How did you find this thread? Or are you a normal poster and are using throwaway account?

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricYogi View Post
    I work for OG&E and have on good authority that there will not be an announcement about jobs moving to OKC. Sorry to disappoint.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    This person is not a troll -- trust me.

21. Default Re: Announcement coming today regarding CenterPoint jobs moving to OKC

Pete > ElectricYogi

EDIT: How did you find this thread? Or are you a normal poster and are using throwaway account?

Here is a video centerpoint uploaded last night:

Midstream Partnership Name Announcement - YouTube
    Yep, a rumor no more. That's the official name.

The way I look at it on the MLP HQ, is to hope for the best but prepare for the worst. I won't be surprised if the HQ ends up in OKC but I also wouldn't be surprised if it ends up in Houston. It's pretty much a wait and see game at this point.

HangryHippo Guest

So, 1 post from ElectricYogi and the announcement is no more?

This is just an inference on my part, but based on his reply, it sounds to me like Pete knows who ElectricYogi is and trusts their information implicitly. If I'm wrong/reading too much in, my apologies.

Thread Information