Widgets Magazine
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Enable Midstream Partners

Default Re: Enable Midstream Partners

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    kind of new .. enable is enogex .. so they took over that sponsor ship ..
    enable is enogex... on $11 billion in steroids!

Quote Originally Posted by betts View Post
    Enable apparently a new Thunder sponsor. They are advertising heavily on the Thunder-Sixers game today,including advertising for employees.
    I saw this on the big advertising screen on the outside of the CHK Arena Monday evening.

Saw this on their twitter account -

Enable Midstream's 1800 employees offer solutions to enable customer success.

1,800 employees. Not bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    Saw this on their twitter account -

Enable Midstream's 1800 employees offer solutions to enable customer success.

1,800 employees. Not bad.
    I noticed that too. Of course, that number would be for employees in all locations, both in and out of state. Imagine that kind of head count for just OKC alone (maybe we'll get there some day).

Wouldn't be surprised if a good portion of those end up in OKC over the next 5 to 10 years.

I obviously don't have inside information, but I imagine most all new hires will be in OKC and that over time, they'll phase many jobs out of Houston and Louisiana to OKC. They can always promote people but require them to move to OKC, and then bring the replacement for the now vacant position to OKC at the same time.

Enable was advertising like crazy at the Thunder game on Sunday!

Enable Midstream files registration statement | News OK

"Enable, which has about 1,700 employees, will maintain offices in Oklahoma City and Houston, but its executive management team is expected to be based in Oklahoma City, although the fledgling firm has yet to name a chief executive.

Former Enogex President Keith Mitchell was the highest ranking Enable Midstream executive among the nine announced July 30. He will serve as the new firm's chief operating officer.

Enable has personnel in Oklahoma City, Houston, Tulsa and Shreveport, La."
    Does this mean that the Tulsa and Shreveport employees will end up in either OKC or Houston?

New CEO/Pres named -

They state that Enable is HQ'd in OKC.

Enable Midstream Partners names new president, CEO | News OK

Blog Entries

I skimmed the article... so he's moving here? Didn't catch that if it said so...

I believe the CEO will be splitting time between OKC & Houston, as the former Centerpointe Midstream still has loads of employees down there.

HOWEVER...

I had mentioned "Project Orange" in another thread and I believe that is the code name for moving a bunch of the Houston jobs to OKC.

Enogex/Enable does not have room in Leadership Square for a bunch more people (exact number unknown) so it seems they are looking for more space or perhaps a place to consolidate everyone.

The Braniff Building would probably make the most sense and really the only other available options with large, contiguous office space would be the Parkside Building and a renovated Dowell Center.

Even if they wanted to go to the suburbs (which seems unlikely) I don't think they would find enough space.

OG&E/Enogex = Orange

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I believe the CEO will be splitting time between OKC & Houston, as the former Centerpointe Midstream still has loads of employees down there.

HOWEVER...

I had mentioned "Project Orange" in another thread and I believe that is the code name for moving a bunch of the Houston jobs to OKC.

Enogex/Enable does not have room in Leadership Square for a bunch more people (exact number unknown) so it seems they are looking for more space or perhaps a place to consolidate everyone.

The Braniff Building would probably make the most sense and really the only other available options with large, contiguous office space would be the Parkside Building and a renovated Dowell Center.

Even if they wanted to go to the suburbs (which seems unlikely) I don't think they would find enough space.
    I had heard from one of my enable friends that he was lucky he didn't have to move to Houston...... Not sure what that means but it sounds like it will be an employee swap to me.

They could lease the fidelity buildings.... There will be space in there

Take this with a MASSIVE grain of salt...

I posted this earlier last year and it hasn't transpired yet but my friend who works there is fairly certain they are moving around 200 people from their Houston and Shreveport offices here. Not sure if this is a long term deal or the "project orange" that is being referenced, so take it for what its worth.

I know there will be some reshuffling but there will definitely be a net gain for OKC, just not sure how many jobs.

I would think at least a couple of hundred, maybe more.

This might make sense for the timeline and all. This could be mystery tower #2 at the BOA parking lot. The timeline would be right for them to vacate Leadership Square.

Enable will receive incentive money (17.5 million) for new jobs added - 366 new positions in OKC.

http://newsok.com/oklahoma-city-comp...rticle/4569149

Enable stands to secure the biggest chunk. The partnership, formed last year when OGE Energy Corp. combined its midstream division with CenterPoint Energy Inc.’s interstate pipeline assets, expects to add as many as 366 new jobs in Oklahoma City.

^

That's great news! Time for a new Tower!

Interesting they are doing this through the state's quality job program. Don't believe they've applied for similar funds from OKC, although I'm not sure you can get both.

As I posted in a similar thread in the politics section. Why exactly are we giving an Oklahoma utility company money to add jobs? Its not like they are leaving the state if we didnt. And its not as if this money is bringing them here from another state. They are an existing Oklahoma company that is simply adding jobs due to more demand. They dont need or deserve this incentive IMO.

If this was Texas Midstream and they were wanting to move here, thats one thing, but giving money to a company that would be adding jobs here regardless is absurd. I know the term corporate welfare gets thrown around a lot but this is it to a T.

They are certainly moving some jobs from Houston.

And remember, Enable is not a utility company. They are partly owned by OG&E but the company itself is all about midstream oil & gas.

And further, they could have easily set their HQ and moved some or all their employees to the Houston entity.

Still, I understand the point about giving tax dollars to companies who are already here. We discussed this on the Tapstone thread and Ed Shadid has raised the issue in City Council meetings (for the City's job growth incentives).

Quote Originally Posted by onthestrip View Post
    As I posted in a similar thread in the politics section. Why exactly are we giving an Oklahoma utility company money to add jobs? Its not like they are leaving the state if we didnt. And its not as if this money is bringing them here from another state. They are an existing Oklahoma company that is simply adding jobs due to more demand. They dont need or deserve this incentive IMO.

If this was Texas Midstream and they were wanting to move here, thats one thing, but giving money to a company that would be adding jobs here regardless is absurd. I know the term corporate welfare gets thrown around a lot but this is it to a T.
    Here is what Enable is...

CENTERPOINT + ENOGEX = ENABLE
    HOUSTON + OKC = JOBS IN OKC NOT HOUSTON

CAPICHE

Quote Originally Posted by lasomeday View Post
    Here is what Enable is...

CENTERPOINT + ENOGEX = ENABLE
    HOUSTON + OKC = JOBS IN OKC NOT HOUSTON

CAPICHE
    Thank you for the info