Widgets Magazine
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Enable Midstream Partners

Default Re: Announcement coming today regarding CenterPoint jobs moving to OKC

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    What empty office space downtown? Once again bomber, what planet are you living on?
    Exactly, here is what I think is going to happen. OG&E will sign as the anchor tenant for the new Stage Center Tower, which will provide enough incentive for Rainey Williams to pull the trigger on a 25-30 story tower. Moreover, there will probably be an agreement in place for Enable Midstream Partners to also move in this new tower after its completed. The Enogex lease in Leadership Square is up in March of 2017, this puts it in direct correspondence in completion with Stage Center Tower. If Rainey Williams starts tower late 2014 early 2015, more than likely it will be completed in the first quarter of 2017. The problem is that this is not a true spec tower, so when this tower is built, we will still have a backlog of businesses deterring away from downtown due to lack of Class A Office space. More to this problem is that developers in Quail Springs will see this, and start developing 50,000 to 60,000sqft spec Class A office buildings hence luring more companies to that area vs. the downtown core. We need a another developer to build a true spec tower.

Quote Originally Posted by dcsooner View Post
    All of what you said is TRUE, BUT it does not change the fact that if any announcement related to this joint venture falls way short of our expectations that have been whetted over months, it would be a HUGE disappointment. That is really all that I am saying, nothing more. to say it would not be a huge disappointment because it has been discussed on a talk board is just silly (imho).
    When did I say it wouldn't be a disappointment? I said if you can't handle the potential disappointment, you should stick to the newspaper. Your post insinuated that Pete shouldn't post information from solid sources because it might disappoint people and hurt is credibility if all of it doesn't come to fruition. THAT is just silly.

Quote Originally Posted by modernism View Post
    Exactly, here is what I think is going to happen. OG&E will sign as the anchor tenant for the new Stage Center Tower, which will provide enough incentive for Rainey Williams to pull the trigger on a 25-30 story tower. Moreover, there will probably be an agreement in place for Enable Midstream Partners to also move in this new tower after its completed. The Enogex lease in Leadership Square is up in March of 2017, this puts it in direct correspondence in completion with Stage Center Tower. If Rainey Williams starts tower late 2014 early 2015, more than likely it will be completed in the first quarter of 2017. The problem is that this is not a true spec tower, so when this tower is built, we will still have a backlog of businesses deterring away from downtown due to lack of Class A Office space. More to this problem is that developers in Quail Springs will see this, and start developing 50,000 to 60,000sqft spec Class A office buildings hence luring more companies to that area vs. the downtown core. We need a another developer to build a true spect tower.
    You're absolutely, 100% spot-on. The hold-out for hope that I have that downtown will beat out Quail Springs for office development is that the CHK fallout affects the north sub-market, and has no bearing at all on downtown. Different office market.

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    When did I say it wouldn't be a disappointment? I said if you can't handle the potential disappointment, you should stick to the newspaper. Your post insinuated that Pete shouldn't post information from solid sources because it might disappoint people and hurt is credibility if all of it doesn't come to fruition. THAT is just silly.
    Yeah, this. Pete is on to a lot, but these kind of smoking gun scoops are so extremely day-to-day in the real estate world.

Kind of a side-tangent here, but I know the old Western Electric plant has been somewhat rehabbed as (at least in part) a general office space - at least the upper two floors were last I checked - and I think it was being marketed as an office lease facility. Would seem a better choice for "temporary" office housing than going all the way to the QSM area, wouldn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerDave View Post
    I'm no business expert, but seems to me that things are moving very quickly for a new company, particularly one that is (apparently?) still looking toward an IPO. I remember working many years ago for a well-established, successful private company with proven business leadership that was planning to go public, but the ol saying of "the devil is in the details" was never more true than for them. It took them a couple of years for that to happen, and by then I had left the company for other unrelated reasons. The point is that, from my little uneducated corner of the world, this stuff is moving very fast in terms of "corporate" speed.

I have every reason to believe what Pete is offering is 100% reliable. Sometimes, companies want to keep that kind of info close to the vest. And, sometimes, they like to let at least a bit out just to get the public interest going. That may or may not be the case here, but I refuse to think Pete would post any information here capriciously.
    I don't think things are moving as quickly as you think they are. This deal didn't start in 2013. This deal probably started in late 2011, and it's a deal between 2 companies that have been around the block and will be able to figure things out quickly.

Also, I've stated this before, but ACMP was part of this process early on, so things have been going on for quite awhile, with names that I imagine no one knows about.

All of what you said is TRUE, BUT it does not change the fact that if any announcement related to this joint venture falls way short of our expectations that have been whetted over months, it would be a HUGE disappointment. That is really all that I am saying, nothing more. to say it would not be a huge disappointment because it has been discussed on a talk board is just silly (imho).
    A disappointment having a new corporate headquarters with 1,000+ senior-level employees, and 20+ floors of new Class A office space!? Sorry we're not living up to your expectations.

With the new jobs coming to OKC and jobs that pay close to $100,000 or over, this will improve the image of the city and attract more jobs, shopping and resturants to the area.

Quote Originally Posted by bhawes View Post
    With the new jobs coming to OKC and jobs that pay close to $100,000 or over, this will improve the image of the city and attract more jobs, shopping and resturants to the area.
    This is a major jumping to conclusions, as much as I am excited myself.

Kinda agree with Spartan on this one. Maybe I missed something but where does it say exactly that we are getting 1000+ senior level employees and that their salaries will be over 100k.

I like that we are getting jobs and the possible HQ, but until they actually say how many jobs will be moved/created then I will sit back and wait.

My neighbor works for Enogex and has not heard anything about employee numbers yet.

I think OKCTalker meant to type 100+ jobs at around $100K per year; and that would be completely accurate.

Also, the Enable Facebook page that we were tracking is now live and legit:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Enabl...04004423008223

Interestingly, it's being managed by Smirk New Media, which is based in Oklahoma City (1007 N. Broadway). They also handle OG&E:

Our Clients | Smirk New Media

The FB page still shows Leadership Square as the location for Enable.

OGE Energy spokesman Brian Alford said creation of the new firm was not meant to centralize operations or move teams around.
    Enable has personnel in Oklahoma City, Houston, Tulsa and Shreveport, La.

“We do not expect that to change,” Alford said. “Any relocations should be minimal.”

Alford also said he expects Enable's Oklahoma City offices to remain at Leadership Square, where Enogex has a long-term lease in place.
    Pipeline partnership to be called Enable Midstream Partners | News OK

^

Typical corporate PR.

I know for a fact they are already offering incentives for employees more than 90 miles from OKC (i.e., Tulsa) to move to Oklahoma City.

I also know they will be creating more than 100 new jobs in OKC.

So what would be the total headcount in a new tower?

Enogex currently has about 350 employees in OKC.

So, at least 100 more but I bet that number will grow substantially.

I.would also not be surprised if they are "promoting internally" employees from Oberlin cities but requiring them to move to OKC and then filling the position vacated by the promotion in OKC as well.

Instead of continually extending this announcement thread, perhaps it would be better to start a new one.

Similar to how we have threads for Chesapeake Business Practices and Devon Business Practices (and Continental) where corporate info and activity can be tracked and commented on, we could have one for Enable Midstream Partners as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Enogex currently has about 350 employees in OKC.

So, at least 100 more but I bet that number will grow substantially.

It just seems like the head count would be low if you compare it to Devon. Like significantly lower. So why the pressing need for a large tower?

I think this is that thread already.

Quote Originally Posted by OU Adonis View Post
    It just seems like the head count would be low if you compare it to Devon. Like significantly lower. So why the pressing need for a large tower?
    Because the numbers that are semi-public (somewhere around 500) are probably low; the Enable will have at least 1,500 employees and it could end up being the large majority will be based in OKC. Plus, they plan on an IPO and rapid growth.

And, the tower may also involve OG&E and/or other tenants.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Because the numbers that are semi-public (somewhere around 500) are probably low; the Enable will have at least 1,500 employees and it could end up being the large majority will be based in OKC. Plus, they plan on an IPO and rapid growth.

And, the tower may also involve OG&E and/or other tenants.
    I thought we had already established that the large majority are going to be located here...?

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyOne View Post
    I thought we had already established that the large majority are going to be located here...?
    No.

Here is what has been established:
    • 350 existing Enogex employees will stay.
    • Some other amount (perhaps 50 or so) will be consolidated from around the state.
    • 100+ jobs will be newly created.

Beyond that, we simply don't know but it certainly makes sense to consolidate most the jobs to the company's HQ, which will be Oklahoma City.

Default Re: Enable Midstream Partners

I was just trying to do the math on the SC tower based off of what I know from Devon.

Devon's tower is 1.8M square feet and houses 3k employees.

(Taken from The Devon Tower - Information on Oklahoma City's Downtown Devon Energy Center Skyscraper and the Top Floor Vast Restaurant)

So at 600 SF an employee that would be 900k square feet for 1.5k employees, or a conservative 360K square feet for 600 employees.

Default Re: Enable Midstream Partners

Typically, the floor size of a mid- to high-rise building averages about 20,000 square feet (some bigger, some smaller).

So, a 50 story building would have about 1,000,000 square feet.

Also remember, like Devon the Stage Center Tower is to have restaurant/retail space.

Let's say Enable plans to have 1,000 employees in OKC by the time a tower would open, which would be about 3 years from now. They would need at least 25 floors to accommodate them (1,000 employees x 500 sf per employee divided by 20,000 sf per floor), and that's not including future growth or other tenants.

I doubt this will be a single-tenant building.

Pete,
    Standing by for great news
    Just out of curiosity, what is your idea of "great news"?

Thread Information