Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Enable Midstream Partners

Default Re: Announcement coming today regarding CenterPoint jobs moving to OKC

Quote Originally Posted by G.Walker View Post
    I am starting to sense this is not going to turn out as we once hoped..only a couple hundred jobs, no big relocation, no major tower, oh well, there is always still Devon, right?
    Are you kidding me ? If this is the HQ, it's BIG. Everything points to this being the HQ. I have a feeling this tower will be not just tall but first class. Just sit back and give it a chance. I also know that 'other' Enogex employees from around the state (Tulsa in particular) are expected to relocate to OKC. I'd be surprised if they have less than 1,000 employees when all is said and done. Have a little patience and lets watch this play out.....

I am starting to sense this is not going to turn out as we once hoped..only a couple hundred jobs, no big relocation, no major tower, oh well, there is always still Devon, right?
    rolls eyes

Absolutely no reason to draw those conclusions.

We are getting the corporate HQ for this massive merged entity and a good chunk of new jobs.

The exact number of jobs and how this may impact the Stage Center Tower and other downtown construction remains to be seen but there is a lot more reason to be optimistic than pessimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Absolutely no reason to draw those conclusions.

We are getting the corporate HQ for this massive merged entity and a good chunk of new jobs.

The exact number of jobs and how this may impact the Stage Center Tower and other downtown construction remains to be seen but there is a lot more reason to be optimistic than pessimistic.
    I hope so, I want to be as optimistic as the next person, but I don't want to get my hopes too high. Under promise , over deliver, then we are all happy!

Regarding Enogex and their lease at Leadership Square...

Remember that Mark Beffort is the principal owner/broker for LS and he is also the one the brokered the sale of the Stage Center to Rainey Williams.

I know for a fact that Enogex/CenterPoint are considering moving into the Stage Center Tower so you know that had to come up way before Williams closed on the sale.

Would have been very easy to engage Beffort in a lease buyout or sublease discussion in an effort to line up an anchor tenant before going forward with this project.

I simply don't believe a lease at Leadership Square is going to stand in the way of Enable moving into a new HQ.

I hope so, I want to be as optimistic as the next person, but I don't want to get my hopes too high. Under promise , over deliver, then we are all happy!
    Here is what I think is going to happen at minimum:

1. First class, Class A office tower of at least 30 stories (making it taller than Chase Tower) erected on Stage Center site with construction starting in 2014
    2. Enable Midstream Partners is headquartered in downtown OKC
    3. Enable will keep the 350+ Enogex jobs downtown, along with at least two hundred new positions
    4. At least one more office tower of 30 floors will be announced within the next 12 months

I actually think every one of those will be exceeded and maybe even by a large measure... And I would be very surprised if any didn't at least meet those projections.

They are saying that to ease investors while they get organized and nail down operational and financial tasks. It would look foolish and reak of poor managemt to announce a brand new 400+ million dollar corporate headquarters for an entity that is not even fully merged, realized, or even really exists. This new company is in it's infancy stage and would look bad to announce a headquarters for what essentially is a paper "airplane".

8. Default Re: Announcement coming today regarding CenterPoint jobs moving to OKC

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    They are saying that to ease investors while they get organized and nail down operational and financial tasks. It would look foolish and reak of poor managemt to announce a brand new 400+ million dollar corporate headquarters for an entity that is not even fully merged, realized, or even really exists. This new company is in it's infancy stage and would look bad to announce a headquarters for what essentially is a paper "airplane".
    I agree with this. With an upcoming IPO and all of the other tasks they have ahead of them, I could see specific building details announcement as far off as mid- to end-of next year, construction starting in 2015 with completion in 2017 - just in time for the Leadership Square lease to be completed.

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    I agree with this. With an upcoming IPO and all of the other tasks they have ahead of them, I could see specific building details announcement as far off as mid- to end-of next year, construction starting in 2015 with completion in 2017 - just in time for the Leadership Square lease to be completed.
    Mr. Williams said he would provide more info about tenants within the next 90 days. I think there would be a specific building announcement before next year.

I think all Williams is waiting for is Enable to sort through and announce all their major decisions.

Remember, Enable doesn't even have a CEO yet.

11. Default Re: Announcement coming today regarding CenterPoint jobs moving to OKC

Quote Originally Posted by mcca7596 View Post
    Mr. Williams said he would provide more info about tenants within the next 90 days. I think there would be a specific building announcement before next year.
    That still sounds about right. Even if they announced that Enable was to occupy the building, until there was a general idea of what portion of the company would be in OKC, I could see them keeping the building specs quiet until after an IPO and into next year.

< They also have to keep up with the Devon's and have a boathouse announcement for the river!! LOL >

You're an emotional roller coaster when it comes to tower(s).

Even a worst case scenario - that is HQ in Houston and a couple hundred jobs in OKC, that is better than nothing. I will be pretty disappointed if it turns out that way but that is still better than nothing. You can't forget the GE research center - that is a huge deal.

A Leadership Square lease isn't going to stand in the way of a move to a new tower. I was a Leadership Square tenant for 24 years. During most of that time, including after the oil bust of the 80s, the building was more than 90 percent occupied. Same was true immediately before Enogex moved in (previous tenants were non-renewed to allow for a multi-floor lease to Enogex). With the shortage of Class A office space downtown now, Leadership would have no difficulty leasing the space vacated by Enogex.

Here is what I think is going to happen at minimum:

1. First class, Class A office tower of at least 30 stories (making it taller than Chase Tower) erected on Stage Center site with construction starting in 2014
    2. Enable Midstream Partners is headquartered in downtown OKC
    3. Enable will keep the 350+ Enogex jobs downtown, along with at least two hundred new positions
    4. At least one more office tower of 30 floors will be announced within the next 12 months

I actually think every one of those will be exceeded and maybe even by a large measure... And I would be very surprised if any didn't at least meet those projections.
    Pete, you are obviously in the loop on all the potential happenings, but, what a massive letdown to all of us who really hope you are right, if you are wrong? It would cause me to respond to future big announcements "with skepticism" way beyond what I already have about this.

Quote Originally Posted by dcsooner View Post
    Pete, you are obviously in the loop on all the potential happenings, but, what a massive letdown to all of us who really hope you are right, if you are wrong? It would cause me to respond to future big announcements "with skepticism" way beyond what I already have about this.
    This is a message board, not a newspaper. Its here so that we can post any information we can find from any sources we may have, and give this online community a leg up on information that isn't yet concrete enough or approved to go public in a Newspaper. If Pete of all people isn't allowed to make an educated projection based on information from one or more "very good" sources, then what is the point of OKCTalk's existence? If you can't handle the potential disappointment of plans changing before they go public, you might want to stick to the newspaper.

Plans aren't made public at least partially because they aren't yet set in stone and are subject to change. Sometimes even public plans change. I've had several friends near making big real estate deals in Bricktown, etc that looked as good as completed but the next morning, something comes up and the seller is no longer interested. Stuff happens. At any rate, this site has a very solid track record of predicting/being in the know about projects before they are made public.

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    This is a message board, not a newspaper. Its here so that we can post any information we can find from any sources we may have, and give this online community a leg up on information that isn't yet concrete enough or approved to go public in a Newspaper. If Pete of all people isn't allowed to make an educated projection based on information from one or more "very good" sources, then what is the point of OKCTalk's existence? If you can't handle the potential disappointment of plans changing before they go public, you might want to stick to the newspaper.

Plans aren't made public at least partially because they aren't yet set in stone and are subject to change. Sometimes even public plans change. I've had several friends near making big real estate deals in Bricktown, etc that looked as good as completed but the next morning, something comes up and the seller is no longer interested. Stuff happens. At any rate, this site has a very solid track record of predicting/being in the know about projects before they are made public.
    All of what you said is TRUE, BUT it does not change the fact that if any announcement related to this joint venture falls way short of our expectations that have been whetted over months, it would be a HUGE disappointment. That is really all that I am saying, nothing more. to say it would not be a huge disappointment because it has been discussed on a talk board is just silly (imho).

All of what you said is TRUE, BUT it does not change the fact that if any announcement related to this joint venture falls way short of our expectations that have been whetted over months, it would be a HUGE disappointment. That is really all that I am saying, nothing more. to say it would not be a huge disappointment because it has been discussed on a talk board is just silly (imho).
    The only way it would fall "way short" of your expectations is if you haven't been listening to what I've been saying.

Expect the minimum that I posted earlier; it's as close to a lead-pipe cinch as you are going to get for things that haven't completely happened yet.

The only way it would fall "way short" of your expectations is if you haven't been listening to what I've been saying.

Expect the minimum that I posted earlier; it's as close to a lead-pipe cinch as you are going to get for things that haven't completely happened yet.
    Pete,
    Standing by for great news

Pete,
    Standing by for great news
    There was great news yesterday: Enable to be HQ'd in OKC and new jobs are coming.

Last week: New office tower to be built on Stage Center site.

Information will continue to flow on this story in a stream. If you only want to know the ending, your only choice is to wait a few years.

I think even if everything that is speculated does not come to fruition there should be no disappointment. The once dead urban core is thriving, and we are reestablishing our identity as people who live in a community. In 2004 I was working out of state, and a coworker from a larger city commented that he heard good things about OKC. I was shocked and just laughed at him. It has happened more and more since then, and now just tell people that it is an allright place to be.

Quote Originally Posted by ABryant View Post
    I think even if everything that is speculated does not come to fruition there should be no disappointment. The once dead urban core is thriving, and we are reestablishing our identity as people who live in a community. In 2004 I was working out of state, and a coworker from a larger city commented that he heard good things about OKC. I was shocked and just laughed at him. It has happened more and more since then, and now just tell people that it is an allright place to be.
    You should tell them that it's a GREAT place to be...

23. Default Re: Announcement coming today regarding CenterPoint jobs moving to OKC

Even if this one particular company doesn't build some big tower, what they would be doing is filling up that empty office space downtown, driving the occpuancy rate up. The more "occupied" downtown is, the more there is a need for a new development of office space.....ie a tower

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    Even if this one particular company doesn't build some big tower, what they would be doing is filling up that empty office space downtown, driving the occpuancy rate up. The more "occupied" downtown is, the more there is a need for a new development of office space.....ie a tower
    What empty office space downtown? Once again bomber, what planet are you living on?

I'm no business expert, but seems to me that things are moving very quickly for a new company, particularly one that is (apparently?) still looking toward an IPO. I remember working many years ago for a well-established, successful private company with proven business leadership that was planning to go public, but the ol saying of "the devil is in the details" was never more true than for them. It took them a couple of years for that to happen, and by then I had left the company for other unrelated reasons. The point is that, from my little uneducated corner of the world, this stuff is moving very fast in terms of "corporate" speed.

I have every reason to believe what Pete is offering is 100% reliable. Sometimes, companies want to keep that kind of info close to the vest. And, sometimes, they like to let at least a bit out just to get the public interest going. That may or may not be the case here, but I refuse to think Pete would post any information here capriciously.

Thread Information