Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Enable Midstream Partners

Default Re: Announcement coming today regarding CenterPoint jobs moving to OKC

Full press release:

CENTERPOINT ENERGY, OGE ENERGY CORP. ANNOUNCE SENIOR OPERATIONS LEADERSHIP
    NAME AND LOGO FOR MIDSTREAM PARTNERSHIP REVEALED

HOUSTON, OKLAHOMA CITY, July 31, 2013 - CenterPoint Energy, Inc. (NYSE: CNP) and OGE Energy Corp. (NYSE: OGE) today named the senior operations leadership team of the natural gas midstream partnership that includes CenterPoint Energy’s interstate pipelines and field services businesses and OGE Energy Corp.’s midstream business Enogex LLC. In addition, the companies announced the new name and logo of the partnership, which closed on May 1 and is managed by a general partner whose governance is shared by CenterPoint Energy and OGE on a 50/50 basis.

The new leadership team includes:

Keith Mitchell, 51, Chief Operating Officer. Prior to this position, Mitchell was the president of Enogex and was a member of the Enogex Board of Directors. A 20-year Enogex veteran, he also previously served as the company’s chief operating officer.

Mark Schroeder, 56, General Counsel. Prior to this position, Schroeder was the senior vice president and deputy general counsel of Regulation for CenterPoint Energy and has worked in the company’s Legal department for 10 years. He also worked for El Paso Energy and Enron.

Walter Ferguson, 57, Senior Vice President - Field Operations, Engineering and Construction. Prior to this position, Ferguson was division senior vice president of CenterPoint Energy’s Midstream Field Operations, Engineering and Construction. His career spans 32 years with CenterPoint Energy.

R. Poe Reed, 57, Senior Vice President - Pipeline Commercial Operations. Prior to this position, Reed was the division senior vice president and chief commercial officer for CenterPoint Energy’s Pipelines business since 2011. He spent 31 years of his career with DCP Midstream.

Steve Merrill, 49, Senior Vice President - Gathering and Processing Commercial Operations & Administration. Prior to this position, he was the chief operating officer of Enogex. Merrill also served as vice president of Human Resources at OGE Energy Corp. and chief financial officer of Enogex. Prior to joining Enogex, he was director of U.S. operations for Plains All-American.

David Jewell, 60, Senior Vice President - System Optimization and Daily Commercial Operations. Prior to this position, Jewell was division senior vice president of CenterPoint Energy’s Midstream Capacity Operations Optimization & Gas Systems. Before joining CenterPoint Energy, he worked 31 years in the energy industry, including 15 years with Duke Energy.

Pete Kirsch, 50, Senior Vice President - Environmental Health & Safety and Compliance Services. Kirsch began his career with CenterPoint Energy 23 years ago and was division senior vice president of the company’s Midstream Technical and Compliance Services prior to this position.

Paul Brewer, 54, Senior Vice President - Project Management Office (PMO), including Business Performance Improvement and Supply Chain. Prior to this position, Brewer was the vice president of Operations of Enogex. He joined Enogex in 2008 after having served as vice president of Operations for DCP Midstream.

Tom Levescy, 44, Chief Accounting Officer. Prior to this position, Levescy was the chief accounting officer of Enogex. He joined the company in 2005 as controller. Before joining Enogex, he had more than 10 years of experience in public accounting.

“We are fortunate to have a tremendous amount of talent in the combined organizations,” said David M. McClanahan, president and CEO of CenterPoint Energy. “We are confident the operations management team announced today will provide the leadership necessary to ensure we continue to operate safely, serve our customers and grow our business.”

“This is an important next step towards operating as an integrated and united company,” said Pete Delaney, OGE Energy chairman, president and CEO. “While we continue to work toward completing our leadership team, the focus today is on establishing the senior operations leadership so that we can work toward serving customers, growing the partnership and living up to our Enable Midstream expectations.”

The principal offices of the gathering and processing leadership team will be in Oklahoma City and the interstate pipeline’s principal offices will be in Houston. The principal office of the executive management team is also expected to be in Oklahoma City.

In addition to announcing operations leadership, McClanahan and Delaney also revealed that the partnership’s new name is Enable Midstream Partners™, LP. The new company logo, they said, reflects the union of two companies, combining knowledgeable employees and strategically located assets to serve customers in some of the country’s most highly-productive energy regions.

Enable Midstream Partners

“It is with great pride and excitement that we announce the name for this new company as Enable Midstream Partners,” McClanahan said. “We chose the name Enable Midstream Partners because it captures the rich heritages of CenterPoint and OGE, reinforces our customer focus and reflects the strength of our employee base.”

“Enable Midstream Partners stands for dependability and trust. It emphasizes our ability to compete and enable the success of our customers,” Delaney said. “Our customers say they know us to be problem solving, service-oriented organizations. We intend to leverage those competencies to capture new growth opportunities.”

Enable Midstream has combined assets of nearly $11 billion in nine states. It owns and operates 8,400 miles of interstate pipelines with nearly 9 billion cubic feet per day of transport capacity and nearly 2,300 miles of intrastate pipelines. It also has more than 11,000 miles of gathering lines, which in 2012 moved nearly 4 billion cubic feet of natural gas per day. Additionally, it has more than 90 billion cubic feet of natural gas storage capacity and 11 major processing plants with nearly 2 billion cubic feet per day of inlet capacity.

CenterPoint Energy, Inc., headquartered in Houston, Texas, is a domestic energy delivery company that includes electric transmission & distribution, natural gas distribution and competitive natural gas sales and services operations. The company serves more than 5 million metered customers primarily in Arkansas, Louisiana, Minnesota, Mississippi, Oklahoma, and Texas. The company also owns a 58.3 percent limited partner interest in Enable Midstream Partners, a midstream partnership it jointly controls with OGE Energy Corp. with operations in major natural gas and liquids-rich producing areas of Oklahoma, Texas, Arkansas and Louisiana. With more than 8,700 employees, CenterPoint Energy and its predecessor companies have been in business for more than 135 years. For more information, visit the website at CenterPoint Energy.

OGE Energy is the parent company of Oklahoma Gas and Electric Company, a regulated electric utility serving more than 800,000 customers in Oklahoma and western Arkansas. In addition, OGE owns a 28.5 percent limited partner interest in Enable Midstream Partners and holds 50 percent of the general partner interest in Enable Midstream, created by the combination of OGE's Enogex LLC midstream subsidiary and the pipeline and field services businesses of Houston-based CenterPoint Energy. For more information, visit the website at OGE Corporate.

I'm sure they left any detailed information about jobs out of the press release because they don't want to panic the hundreds of employees in Houston & OKC.

For the same reasons, I believe they stopped a bit short of formally saying "OKC will be the new headquarters" although that is clearly the case. Every company has ONE HQ and that is where the main executive team resides.

I can tell you I am VERY sure a good chunk of jobs are coming to OKC, as I have stated several times in this thread.

We'll just have to wait a little longer to get specifics but remember in situations like this there are various incentives involved and let's just say I know for a fact that process has already formally started.

It's interesting that the official press release uses the same phrase: "the executive management team is also expected to be in Oklahoma City."

Why would they leave room for doubt? Is that a ploy to ensure they get their favored building site?

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    It's interesting that the official press release uses the same phrase: "the executive management team is also expected to be in Oklahoma City."

Why would they leave room for doubt? Is that a ploy to ensure they get their favored building site?
    See my post above yours.

Believe this is all about placating employees and not having anyone from Houston in particular running straight to headhunters.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    See my post above yours.

Believe this is all about placating employees and not having anyone from Houston in particular running start to headhunters.
    That makes sense, but why mention it all, then? If you were in Houston and didn't want to move to OKC wouldn't you see the writing on the wall and start running to headhunters?

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    They definitely took a page out of CHK, Sandridge, and the OERB's books on creating epic promotional videos.
    DELETED. Sorry, that wasn't necessary.

The timing of this all is a bit hard to understand but there many moving pieces.

I'm sure these decisions were made before the Stage Center closing and subsequent announcement about the new tower. Not sure why that closing came before this announcement but you can bet there were good reasons.

Remember, Enable has an ambitious schedule to go public by the end of the year and therefore has to get their ducks in a row ASAP. They still haven't named a CEO and there are other decisions yet to be announced, like the staffing in both OKC & Houston.

So of the timing of these events may be deliberate but some may have been forced due to the all various factors at play.

Also remember, the new tower won't be open for business for at least two and probably three years. So, there is a good chance that even if there was a huge chunk of people to be relocated to Houston, that might not be even possible at this point, due to lack of space. Where on earth would they be housed?

This is actually a bigger picture problem for OKC. We have almost zero Class A office space of any size and that will continue to be a detriment to attracting businesses.

It couldn't hold hundreds, but the Braniff building could definately hold quite a few. Not to mention, the insides are nearly complete, and the timing seems to work out. Combined with the Enogex offices at Leadership Square, could be a good temporary home.

BTW, there is a clear pattern emerging for how big business and real estate information is starting to flow through Oklahoma City:

1. Advanced information comes to us from multiple sources
    2. Information starts to coalesce
    3. We hear of a press release one day to one week in advance
    4. There is an official press release
    5. The Oklahoman and JR interview the parties involved and get more information

So, it will be interesting to see what comes out in step #5, then the cycle will repeat many times as a particular story unfolds.

Quote Originally Posted by cagoklahoma View Post
    It couldn't hold hundreds, but the Braniff building could definately hold quite a few. Not to mention, the insides are nearly complete, and the timing seems to work out. Combined with the Enogex offices at Leadership Square, could be a good temporary home.
    Good point!

Might also be why the Braniff Building has held off making any leasing announcements (other than retail).

Quote Originally Posted by cagoklahoma View Post
    Exactly what I was thinking. The Braniff Building and then also the new Sandridge "amenities" building might do the job until the tower is ready.

Hopefully the Braniff will help out some.....

Awesome news!

So we can bet on the Stage Center Tower to be quite a bit higher than was first announced?

I remember Steve saying this project has a lot of moving parts and this must be what he was talking about.

I thought Crow and Dunleavy was looking at space in Braniff?

Just throwing this out there, I heard this whole Centerpoint/Enogex thing was behind the purchase of the old IRS building. I know, I can only cite my "sources" and nothing else but its a little more fuel on the fire.

Quote Originally Posted by adaniel View Post
    I thought Crow and Dunleavy was looking at space in Braniff?
    They have some time before they have to move and that may fit in with the schedule for the Parkside Building (old SandRidge Amenities building).

For that matter, maybe Rick Dowell will FINALLY do something with his building.

17. Default Re: Announcement coming today regarding CenterPoint jobs moving to OKC

On their Twitter they name it "Oklahoma City/Houston".

Nothing new here... Hoping the Oklahoman crew is busy with interviews that will lead to additional information:

Pipeline partnership to be called Enable Midstream Partners | News OK

The timing of this all is a bit hard to understand but there many moving pieces.

I'm sure these decisions were made before the Stage Center closing and subsequent announcement about the new tower. Not sure why that closing came before this announcement but you can bet there were good reasons.

Remember, Enable has an ambitious schedule to go public by the end of the year and therefore has to get their ducks in a row ASAP. They still haven't named a CEO and there are other decisions yet to be announced, like the staffing in both OKC & Houston.

So of the timing of these events may be deliberate but some may have been forced due to the all various factors at play.

Also remember, the new tower won't be open for business for at least two and probably three years. So, there is a good chance that even if there was a huge chunk of people to be relocated to Houston, that might not be even possible at this point, due to lack of space. Where on earth would they be housed?

This is actually a bigger picture problem for OKC. We have almost zero Class A office space of any size and that will continue to be a detriment to attracting businesses.
    That's exactly what I was thinking. I'm sure their in beginning stages of figuring out how many people will be in OKC, how many will stay in Texas, and what buildings they will be housed. We don't even know if they have approached Sandridge yet about Braniff building.

Jay F. Marks ‏@OKenergybeat 41m
    Scratch @EnableMidstream from list of potential #mysterytower anchors. Spox says firm inherits Enogex's long-term lease at Leadership Square.

BTW, "spox" is shorthand for spokesperson.

1. Exactly how long is this lease? Five years is typical (with options by the lessee) and they started last year.
    2. You can always, always buy your way out of a lease, especially when the building is sure it can quickly lease out the space

Jay F. Marks ‏@OKenergybeat 41m
    Scratch @EnableMidstream from list of potential #mysterytower anchors. Spox says firm inherits Enogex's long-term lease at Leadership Square.

BTW, "spox" is shorthand for spokesperson.

1. Exactly how long is this lease? Five years is typical (with options by the lessee) and they started last year.
    2. You can always, always buy your way out of a lease, especially when the building is sure it can quickly lease out the space

Could sublease to any other firm too. Sounds like JFM is jumping the gun on that info.

I think I can now reconcile all the information I have been receiving around this topic.

There IS a new job piece to this that just wasn't announced with the other news.

That will come later but I can tell you it involves over 100 new jobs and that likely does not include relocations.

I am starting to sense this is not going to turn out as we once hoped..only a couple hundred jobs, no big relocation, no major tower, oh well, there is always still Devon, right?

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by G.Walker View Post
    I am starting to sense this is not going to turn out as we once hoped..only a couple hundred jobs, no big relocation, no major tower, oh well, there is always still Devon, right?
    Wasn't Pete's most recent post in addition to what we were hearing or am I way off base and its actually in place of what we thought we knew?

From page 77 of the annual report (http://media.corporate-ir.net/media_...OGE_2012AR.pdf)
    Enogex Noncancellable Operating Leases
    Enogex currently occupies 134,219 square feet of office space at its
    executive offices under a lease that expires March 31, 2017. The lease
    payments are $11.3 million over the lease term which began April 1,
    2012. This lease has rent escalations which increase after five and
    10 years if the lease is renewed.

I think I can now reconcile all the information I have been receiving around this topic.
    There IS a new job piece to this that just wasn't announced with the other news.
    That will come later but I can tell you it involves over 100 new jobs and that likely does not include relocations.
    it sort of was if you read between the lines...
    Quote Originally Posted by Press Release
    Project Management Office (PMO), including Business Performance Improvement and Supply Chain
    Not all would fall under PMO but OGE (and I would suspect CenterPoint Energy) handled most of the IT, supply chain, and parts of HR admin functions for their midstream companies and Enable may not want to continue the contracts with its two parents - if it even can - long term. Most other energy companies do/did the same for their midstream subsidiary (DVN, CHK). Think of it this way - all of the job postings for the midstream companies have come from their respective corporate parents who also report the balance sheets/SEC filings, software/hardware provisioning, motor pool maintenance, HR benefit administration... Granted the new support roles would be somewhat divided between the two main offices and some to the field locations, the balance going to the corp office, but it would involve new jobs beyond moving existing personnel between offices.

Thread Information