Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Enable Midstream Partners

Default Re: Announcement coming today regarding CenterPoint jobs moving to OKC

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricYogi View Post
    Yes, just uploaded video. Announcement coming soon, but nothing about jobs or corporate HQ. Stay tuned.
    Thanks again.

I know the jobs are coming but perhaps my source confused the timing of that announcement with that of the name.

I'll see if I can find out more.

Quote Originally Posted by OklahomaNick View Post
    Someone (I think Sid) posted sometime back about a CenterPoint Earnings Conference Call on August 1.
    Wonder if that is related.
    Aug 1, 2013 at 11:30 AM ET conference call

they might give an update

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Thanks again.

I know the jobs are coming
    to OKC?

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    to OKC?
    Yes... But not all the CenterPoint jobs... Just "a couple hundred" for now.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    5-14 peeps, depending on whether they resemble me or you
    Oh. Well it was definitely a ton then.

6. Default Re: Announcement coming today regarding CenterPoint jobs moving to OKC

Well a couple hundred CnP jobs combined with what Enogex has now is a fairly sizeable number.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Yes... But not all the CenterPoint jobs... Just "a couple hundred" for now.

They definitely took a page out of CHK, Sandridge, and the OERB's books on creating epic promotional videos.

8. Default Re: Announcement coming today regarding CenterPoint jobs moving to OKC

So, a couple of hundred now and the rest when the tower is completed?

In the interest of continuing our practice of trying to make as much as we can out of very little information, I'll offer this...

It's probably a good sign that OG&E and not CenterPoint posted that Enable Midstream video on YouTube...

HangryHippo Guest

Pipeline partnership to be called Enable Midstream Partners | News OK

Pretty intriguing nugget of info in this article.

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyOne View Post

You talking about this?

"Enable will have operations in Oklahoma City and Houston, but its executive management team is expected to be based in Oklahoma City."

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    You talking about this?

"Enable will have operations in Oklahoma City and Houston, but its executive management team is expected to be based in Oklahoma City."
    Yeah. I mean it's still far from being certain, but it's the first I've seen it reported in the paper so I thought it was interesting.

Just saw this, don't know if its new or whatever, but here it is:

CenterPoint Energy, OGE Energy Corp. announce senior operations leadership - WSJ.com

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyOne View Post

2 huge things

first "Enable will have operations in Oklahoma City and Houston, but its executive management team is expected to be based in Oklahoma City."

that confirms that in will be headquartered in okc

and second it seems from the article that not all of Enegex will combine with the new company ..... so it might still exist in some form

The news release on CenterPoint's website is much easier to read than the WSJ site:

CenterPoint Energy, OGE Energy Corp. announce senior operations leadership

This is still rather foggy, but at least we now know majority will reside in OKC.

From WSJ article:

The principal offices of the gathering and processing leadership team will be in Oklahoma City and the interstate pipeline's principal offices will be in Houston. The principal office of the executive management team is also expected to be in Oklahoma City.

17. Default Re: Announcement coming today regarding CenterPoint jobs moving to OKC

Edit: NW beat me to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    The news release on CenterPoint's website is much easier to read than the WSJ site:

CenterPoint Energy, OGE Energy Corp. announce senior operations leadership

This is still rather foggy, but at least we now know majority will reside in OKC.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    2 huge things

first "Enable will have operations in Oklahoma City and Houston, but its executive management team is expected to be based in Oklahoma City."

that confirms that in will be headquartered in okc

and second it seems from the article that not all of Enegex will combine with the new company ..... so it might still exist in some form
    Didn't see anywhere that they won't be completely combined, they are merging so I think Enogex will be going completely into Enable.

Also, the below statement from the WSJ makes sense as Enogex's primary assets were gathering lines and CenterPoint Midstream's primary focus was interstate transmission.

"The principal offices of the gathering and processing leadership team will be in Oklahoma City and the interstate pipeline's principal offices will be in Houston. The principal office of the executive management team is also expected to be in Oklahoma City"

Sounds like we got the HQ, what a deal for OKC! Who would've thought a few years ago that we would end up with a Pop-Up $11 Billion company headquartered here?

Pretty sure executive management means the HQ.

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    Didn't see that they won't be completely combined, they are merging so I think Enogex will be going completely into Enable.

Also, the below statement from the WSJ makes sense as Enogex's primary assets were gathering lines and CenterPoint's primary focus was interstate transmission.

"The principal offices of the gathering and processing leadership team will be in Oklahoma City and the interstate pipeline's principal offices will be in Houston. The principal office of the executive management team is also expected to be in Oklahoma City"

Sounds like we got the HQ, what a deal for OKC! Who would've thought a few years ago that we would end up with a Pop-Up $11 Billion company headquartered here?
    yep your correct .. i guess i read that wrong ...

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    yep your correct .. i guess i read that wrong ...
    That's it, you should probably be banned from the site

HangryHippo Guest

One would think. Hopefully someone on the call tomorrow clarifies that little detail.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by NWOKCGuy View Post
    From WSJ article:

The principal offices of the gathering and processing leadership team will be in Oklahoma City and the interstate pipeline's principal offices will be in Houston. The principal office of the executive management team is also expected to be in Oklahoma City.
    Is one of these offices substantially larger than the other?

Absolutely! The definition of headquarters is where main part of the executive team is located.

What's less clear is the number of jobs that will be in OKC versus Houston.

Regardless, this is a major victory for Oklahoma City!

Is one of these offices substantially larger than the other?
    Based on what I know, I would say that it takes more staff to run an office dedicated to Gathering and Processing. Many more complex tangled miles of pipeline involved, the right of way/surface use agreements that go with obtain the rights to lay them, and the maintenance. They are and will continue hooking up to as many new wells as possible, creating new complex ROWs and Surface use issues, more often and over a wide area. An interstate pipeline group likely wouldn't have such personnel heavy activities, but who knows.

Thread Information