Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Enable Midstream Partners

Default Re: Announcement coming today regarding CenterPoint jobs moving to OKC

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyOne View Post
    So, 1 post from ElectricYogi and the announcement is no more?
    It looks that way... :/

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerDave View Post
    This is just an inference on my part, but based on his reply, it sounds to me like Pete knows who ElectricYogi is and trusts their information implicitly. If I'm wrong/reading too much in, my apologies.
    That's exactly what I took away from it as well. Just disappointed that Pete was fairly certain it was coming within the next two hours and then one post and the whole thing is off. It was weird.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerDave View Post
    This is just an inference on my part, but based on his reply, it sounds to me like Pete knows who ElectricYogi is and trusts their information implicitly. If I'm wrong/reading too much in, my apologies.
    Yes BUT I also have my initial source completely standing by the information I have provided.

And trust me, it's not possible to have a better source on this.

I suppose it's possible that OG&E is in the dark but highly unlikely but also very, very unlikely my source has it wrong.

If something doesn't come out today or tomorrow then perhaps something came off the rails at the last minute... But I don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by sidburgess View Post
    I'm not worried.
    Lol... the new catch phrase for this board.

That's exactly what I took away from it as well. Just disappointed that Pete was fairly certain it was coming within the next two hours and then one post and the whole thing is off. It was weird.
    Corporate announcements are often treated with greater secrecy than nuclear formulas, and info can be just as fleeting and volatile. Announcements one minute, denials the next. I'm sure Pete wouldn't have posted what he did were he not 99.9% confident of its accuracy. Reminds me (at least in terms of secrecy and denial, not jobs) about a big downtown OKC party they were going to do for the OU football team after the 2000 national title run, and an acquaintance had arrange some VIP seating for me and my son, when all of a sudden, "POOF," it was gone, it was denied there ever was such a bash planned. Story was that OU killed it behind the scenes, but it was never publicly acknowledged.

Ahh, the world of city, corporate, and business secrets. Gotta love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Yes BUT I also have my initial source completely standing by the information I have provided.

And trust me, it's not possible to have a better source on this.

I suppose it's possible that OG&E is in the dark but highly unlikely but also very, very unlikely my source has it wrong.

If something doesn't come out today or tomorrow then perhaps something came off the rails at the last minute... But I don't think so.
    I trust ya, Pete. You're not one to put red herrings out there

The individual joined over a year ago. Clearly they've been lurking and PMing Pete information.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    The individual joined over a year ago. Clearly they've been lurking and PMing Pete information.
    Yea I didn't look at join date. I agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Geographer View Post
    They may have taken James Harden from us...but we are taking their JOBS!

Advantage OKC.
    About time we took something from them...Not that they took Harden from us, but Houston did take Kerr/McGee(Anadarko) and Conoco/Phillips. Any others?

No official announcement yet but these jobs are coming, I am very sure of that.

12. Default Re: Announcement coming today regarding CenterPoint jobs moving to OKC

They took Maynor AND Westbrook away from us!
    Let's get 'em.

I understand that there will be Enogex jobs relocate from Tulsa also.

Quote Originally Posted by architect5311 View Post
    About time we took something from them...Not that they took Harden from us, but Houston did take Kerr/McGee(Anadarko) and Conoco/Phillips. Any others?
    Not so much for OKC, but Houston has been a thorn in Tulsa's side.

Just off the top of my head: Citgo, Texaco & Unocal (now Chevron), Sunoco Pipeline Division, Amerada Hess, PetroHawk (now BHP Biliton). I have also heard rumors Laredo is divesting all of its OK properties and will likely leave the state (possibly to Dallas) in the next year.

I am sure there are some I'm missing.

with a nice little credit to Okctalk.com

Quote Originally Posted by adaniel View Post
    Not so much for OKC, but Houston has been a thorn in Tulsa's side.

Just off the top of my head: Citgo, Texaco & Unocal (now Chevron), Sunoco Pipeline Division, Amerada Hess, PetroHawk (now BHP Biliton). I have also heard rumors Laredo is divesting all of its OK properties and will likely leave the state (possibly to Dallas) in the next year.

I am sure there are some I'm missing.

Standard Oil upstream R&D to Exxon/Mobil a long time ago. Noble drilling from Ardmore also.

But didn't SandRidge buy some offshore operator's assests from Houston last year ?

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    with a nice little credit to Okctalk.com
    Credit well deserved! Pete has proven to be a very credible source of information. We appreciate your efforts, Pete, for not only providing a great source of community discussion, but also a great place to find out things happening behind the scenes!

OGE's youtube page just uploaded the same video. If something is coming today, it appears to be soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    To put things into perspective:

Company Market Cap # of Employees
    Devon Energy $22 B 3,100
    Access Midstream (CHK) $7.9 B 1,200
    Enogex/CenterPoint MLP $11 B 1,500 (approx.)
    What is that number of employees indicative of? At the HQ?

What is that number of employees indicative of? At the HQ?
    Yes.

Did CHK just shed a ton of jobs?

They spun sold off their midstream assets last year to a new company called Access Midstream Partners, backed largely by the Williams Companies.

They also bought the two Central Park buildings from CHK, where most their employees are located.

HangryHippo Guest

What is a ton to you?

But yes, they just had lots of layoffs and more are coming.

Yes, just uploaded video. Announcement coming soon, but nothing about jobs or corporate HQ. Stay tuned.

What is a ton to you?

5-14 peeps, depending on whether they resemble me or you

Thread Information