Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 141 FirstFirst 123456752102 ... LastLast

Thread: OG&E Tower

Default Re: OG&E Tower

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I updated the graphic in the article.

As you can see, the Stage Center site actually takes part of the California easement.
    The sound you hear is the wind being taken from my sail a little. It still might be possible to reach Myriad but less so I guess. But still glad the tower is going to be built - will be a great addition to OKC.

For all we know, the issue with the easement could have involved granting it back to the City.

As of now, it seems Stage Center seems to hold clear title to that portion, so maybe this was the issue that needed to be resolved.

Earlier somebody in the Mystery thread posted something a long the lines of it being 36 or 40 stories depending on the foot print they choose. I think the foot print they chose had to do with whether they were allowed to build on the easement or not.

This is exciting...

One thing we haven't really talked about is the possibility of the Preftakes block being directly tied into this somehow.

It could be a coincidence that they are insisting on tenants of One North Hudson be out no later than next April. Or, it could just be that with the Stage Center site being readied for development has spurred them to action.

But... Perhaps a parking structure will be built on the Preftakes block, right across the street from Stage Center at the same time One North Hudson is overhauled?

Steve has repeatedly referred to this as "a very complex real estate transaction" which begs the question: Exactly what is so complicated?

Perhaps the easement on California but considering the City owns the property directly adjacent and has ample power to do whatever is necessary here, it seems unlikely there was anything too convoluted about that.

Leads me to believe other properties may be involved and not necessarily the ones to the south.

So glad it is finally confirmed.

I am sticking with my prediction of 37 floors, 550' tall and 550,000 square feet.

And I am also glad I got in on the first page of what is sure to be a 200 page thread by the time of its completion...

Exciting times for OKC!

I thought it was neat to watch one skyscraper being built. Excited to do it again

Pete, we need to be thinking about where a construction cam is going to go. Someone's SW facing Devon office would be ideal, I think...

Bump.

News like this is incredibly exciting! I'm so ready for this announcement and hope it comes soon!

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    Pete, we need to be thinking about where a construction cam is going to go. Someone's SW facing Devon office would be ideal, I think...
    I'm hoping to find someone working at Devon who will host it for us.

I'm sure we'll figure something out.

What? No rendering for this new thread?

Sheesh, if you want something done, you gotta do it yourself...

Ok, here you go:

Someone said earlier that First Floor Retail better include a Del Rancho!!

When Devon was building their tower, they used the empty lot where the new elementary school is going for worker parking and equipment storage. Are there any properties nearby that could be used in a similar capacity? Maybe the future convention center space?

What if whoever is building this hotel decides to demolish the space south of Stage Center and use it as the staging zone and then develop that once the tower is completed?

EDIT: I'm now remembering Pete projected that the purchase being announced tomorrow or Monday will only involve the SC site, so that would rule out the above scenario.

*doing a happy dance*

Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by king183 View Post
    When Devon was building their tower, they used the empty lot where the new elementary school is going for worker parking and equipment storage. Are there any properties nearby that could be used in a similar capacity? Maybe the future convention center space?
    Yes, the convention center lots would make perfect sense, except it's slated to start construction in early 2016.

Once this project is announced, it will likely be almost a year before ground is broken then 2-3 years to finish construction. So, the earliest finish date would be around mid 2016 and probably later.

The Era of Good Feelings

20. Default Re: OG&E Tower

And boom goes the dynamite!

I guess the trade off of having early knowledge of this is getting frustrated about every delay of the announcement. Funny to think that most in the OKC metro and probably even most of the downtown workforce have no idea this is about to be announced.

All you people bragging about being on page 1 are in for disappointment. I have this forum set to 5 posts per page, so you're really like page 7.

I'm still on page one then......

Quote Originally Posted by Praedura View Post
    What? No rendering for this new thread?

Sheesh, if you want something done, you gotta do it yourself...

Ok, here you go:

would you quit showing us your idea of a 700 ft tall Taupe colored building with windows only on the first floor!

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    First to post! Score me
    Well, I was the first to rate it, TAKE THAT!!! lol

Thread Information