Widgets Magazine
Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2013 Big 12 Football Thread

Default Re: Official 2013 Big 12 Football Thread

A moderator might want to rename this thread Official 2013 OU Football Thread.

In other news, I was listening to the Franchise this morning and Sam Mayes and his on air guy were talking about Trevone Boykin and how he should be able to improve as a QB for TCU because where he's at, the only direction he can go is up! I disagree. Casey Pachall got hurt last year and Boykin came in and played the remainder of the year and did nothing. When Casey got hurt again this year and Boykin came in, I knew Homecoming would be a certain victory for OSU. It was just a little slow going on the offense and wayyyyyy too many turnovers. Thankfully, our defense is having a better year this season in the turnover department thanks to Mr. Boykin.

I think TCU should recruit another quarterback and get him ready for play next year if things don't work out for the junior. Trevone may want to look at a different position. Maybe he can switch to defense. Worked for Donovan Woods!

Quote Originally Posted by ou48A View Post
    I very clearly said that I'm not yet prepared to say one way or another if this Tech team is better or worse now how can that be wrong

But what has been clear for several post is that you are trying to play the I got you game. Well you haven't got crap and in part because you clearly let your feelings bleed over from other threads which is a pretty weak way to do things.
    The only thing I should have said differently is what do you see about the Tech team that would make you hesitant to say better or worse yet. My point remains the same and other threads have absolutely nothing to do with it. After you originally said that OU wasn't as good as 2008 you told me it was too early for me to say that about Tech. You have provided no information to back up why you can say that about OU but I can't say that about Tech. I don't even think a Tech win on Saturday is an answer to that question.

Speaking of comparisons....how about....OU versus common opponents this year?

Oklahoma over Louisiana-Monroe 34-0
    Baylor over Louisiana-Monroe 70-7

Oklahoma over West Virginia 16-7
    Baylor over West Virginia 73-42

This nuggett is interesting too:

Baylor total points: 388 (Through 6 games)
    Oklahoma total points: 190 (Through 7 games)

OU-Baylor will be THE game this season, (assuming OU survives Texas Tech).

Baylor is building a M&W Basketball, Football powerhouse - in Waco, Texas. That's quite an accomplishment to compete like they are in the state of Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by zookeeper View Post

Baylor is building a M&W Basketball, Football powerhouse - in Waco, Texas. That's quite an accomplishment to compete like they are in the state of Texas.
    They have certainly upped their game. I don't want to get off the football subject, but OU is favored over Baylor in women's bball this year.

Quote Originally Posted by ljbab728 View Post
    The only thing I should have said differently is what do you see about the Tech team that would make you hesitant to say better or worse yet. My point remains the same and other threads have absolutely nothing to do with it. After you originally said that OU wasn't as good as 2008 you told me it was too early for me to say that about Tech. You have provided no information to back up why you can say that about OU but I can't say that about Tech. I don't even think a Tech win on Saturday is an answer to that question.
    I have porvided you an opinion and I'm far from alone in that opinion. People who know far more about football than you or I are saying the same things... If you want documentation you can go out and find it for your self.

OU-Baylor will be THE game this season
    and then you found out the game was in Waco...whoops!

as long as Texas loses I'm happy

Quote Originally Posted by kelroy55 View Post
    as long as Texas loses I'm happy
    And Oklahoma State

Great game tonight! Got to give credit to Texas Tech for not giving up and putting up a fight but the Sooners wanted it more! Go Sooners!

10. Default Re: Official 2013 Big 12 Football Thread

Kingsbury is going to be a fun coach to have around. It is great having a Leach Jr. around who isn't afraid to gamble. Glad to see hints of Bob the Gambler coming back too.

Love my Sooners, but I just don't see this defense slowing the Baylor offense.

And the Sooners' offense took a hit tonight with Trey Millard going out for the year with a torn ACL.

12. Default Re: Official 2013 Big 12 Football Thread

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerDave View Post
    And the Sooners' offense took a hit tonight with Trey Millard going out for the year with a torn ACL.
    I am still very concerned about Baylor. They seem to be a well-oiled machine while our defense has had some problems exposed. This next two weeks will show if Mike Stoops can truly shine as a coach. The energy at the end of the game is certainly promising and there should be a lot of Sooner fans in the stands at Baylor.

I hadn't heard what happened to Trey Millard though we were able to see he was injured up here in Denver on TV. What a great player he has been throughout his OU career. I feel awful about the injury and pray it doesn't damage his pro prospects. Good luck to Millard!

WE HAD A GREAT RUCKUS IN NORMAN.

I have lost my voice and have sore hands but it was great fun.
    Following the game Bob Stoops announced on the radio that he gave the OU crowd a game ball for there effort tonight.

14. Default Re: Official 2013 Big 12 Football Thread

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerDave View Post
    Love my Sooners, but I just don't see this defense slowing the Baylor offense.

Yeah tonight was a great game, love the team...but Baylor is going to destroy them if our D doesn't get things fixed.

Like I said in a post a few days ago, I do not see Baylor scoring over 60 points on the Sooners defense

I've been to Waco. It's possible this is just luck, and there are certainly ebbs and flows in any sports team. Kansas State is a perfect example of this, as they were the butt of the Big Eight. But when a small private school in an armpit location has success in more than one sport, in a state with money, you have to wonder if we will be seeing the NCAA poking around at some point in the future. I remember hearing some rumblings about things going on with the tennis team when my brother was working in the Athletic Department of another Texas school. Either that or they have a genius of an AD.

17. Default Re: Official 2013 Big 12 Football Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeesFan View Post
    Like I said in a post a few days ago, I do not see Baylor scoring over 60 points on the Sooners defense
    If Nelson and Phillips were playing and a healthy defense would have had most of the season to gel I might agree. OU's defense right now struggles to look decent. They look like a disaster waiting to happen. Exactly what Baylor, unfortunately, has been eating alive. Hope you're right and I'm just being pessimistic.

Just feels a little weird to "upset" someone at Norman lol

19. Default Re: Official 2013 Big 12 Football Thread

Since this is the Big 12 thread and not the OU football thread, here are the scores for the other folks in the conference.

OSU 58 ISU 27 --- How much longer can ISU's coach last?

OU 38 TTU 30 --- Like I said earlier, Kliff is going to be a fun coach to watch.

KSU 35 WVU 12 --- Both teams have just 3 wins. WVU has 4 games left so bowl eligibility is not certain for them. KSU has 5 left so the road is a bit better for them, especially with Kansas and ISU still to play.

Baylor 59 Kansas 14 -- Baylor enters their toughest stretch of the season now. OU, Tech, OSU, TCU, and Texas all on deck for them. We'll find out how real they are. Kansas continues to regret firing Mangino.

Do you really think that ISU is a little too good for Paul Rhodes? I am sure they'd like to be competing for Big 12 championships, but come on now...

Blog Entries

This was the same Baylor University who many were wanting to throw under the bus and the Big 12 with them for accepting the Bears. TCU and SMU would have been better plumbs from the now defunct Southwest Conference.

I pulled up these same Baylor and T-Tech comparisons. OU-Texas Tech had one (home) like opponent (TCU). OU won 20-17, Tech won 20-10. The OU vs Tech like opponent would have favored Tech; however OU prevailed 38-30 at home against the Red Raiders.

You got to look at them from a defensive standpoint and as well as the offensive productions. That's not that big of a disparity viewing the proportion.

The big key will always be; how will these teams perform against each other in a head to head showdown. Baylor will finally have a home advantage now that they have built a competitive program and selling out home games. When I lived in Fort Worth (late 90s), I drove to Waco several times to see the Sooners at Baylor and you would have thought that this was another home game for OU.

Tarp.

23. Default Re: Official 2013 Big 12 Football Thread

Sun Belt offenses play better than OU's is playing tonight. Just overall pathetic.

Defense is gassed and Baylor has a chance to put it to the metal now unless they can rest up quick during halftime.

Edit: Oh wait...an interception. Never mind on the resting part.

Blake Bell is garbage. I don't know why he's still in. That and Heupel is terrible. I'm over him.

25. Default Re: Official 2013 Big 12 Football Thread

Honestly I can't see how Heupel keeps play calling, let along his job after this season. This offense is just overall terrible. At least let Knight stay in and run. Heck...if we are going to lose anyway, get him some game experience.

Thread Information