Widgets Magazine
Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast
Results 176 to 200 of 594
  1. Default Re: Official 2013 Big 12 Football Thread

    Baylor - ISU final....71 to 7. We are screwed. LOL

  2. #177

    Default Re: Official 2013 Big 12 Football Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by venture79 View Post
    Doubt it. Most of the voters will just look at the end score. They may drop a spot or two.
    I just watched a Sportscenter segment about the OU game. While showing highlights it was described as "OU rolling". It's more likely that voters saw that instead of the game. OU also got another boost tonight from Notre Dame's victory over USC.

  3. #178

    Default Re: Official 2013 Big 12 Football Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by venture79 View Post
    Baylor - ISU final....71 to 7. We are screwed. LOL
    I doubt the Sooners will allow Baylor to score over 60 points

  4. #179

    Default Re: Official 2013 Big 12 Football Thread

    We will be in Norman for the game next week with my Tech alum wife. I really have no idea what to expect from OU week to week, just one of those years.

  5. #180

    Default Re: Official 2013 Big 12 Football Thread

    I think OU will beat Tech. All bets off against Baylor.

  6. #181

    Default Re: Official 2013 Big 12 Football Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    I think OU will beat Tech. All bets off against Baylor.
    Very true. Baylor's 6-0, scored at least 70 points in all but two of the six games. One of the two was 69 points. They've taken care of business as they should, and then some. They'll be tough for OU. Oklahoma, to me, is playing like a squad of individuals with no cohesiveness as a team from one week to the next.

  7. Default Re: Official 2013 Big 12 Football Thread

    So looking at how this season is shaping up...and probably another round of conference realignment coming in the Spring, thought some performances by teams are notable.

    UCF - American - 5-1 record - good wins this year are @ PSU, and @ #8 Louisville, I would also say a 3 pt loss to South Carolina is pretty good as well. They would bring regular games in Florida and help overall recruiting down there. Historically UCF has been very up and down, but that is no different than Missouri, Kansas, KSU, etc that we have or have had in conference. Big TV market is also attractive.

    Cincinnati - American - 5-2 record - Overall a pretty flat year with no top end competition. They would get the Big 12 into a good sized TV market, recruiting in Ohio, KY and IN, and also helps connect the island WVU is out on.

    BYU - Ind - 5-2 record - Overall not a bad team. It doesn't help being out by themselves in Utah, but they do have a following. They did win against Texas and at Houston this year so far. They also won again Georgia Tech at home, who isn't having a great year. Lost to Virginia and Utah. Not sure how much they would add to the table though for recruiting and TV play. Of course their olympic sports would refuse to play on Sunday which is an issue.

    ND - Ind - 5-2 record - ND is ND. They are tied to the ACC, but would be a coup to get. I'm not expecting any ability to pull them in though, but it would be huge for recruiting and TV play.

    Boise St - MWC - 5-2 record - Down year for them with a loss at Washington and Fresno. Not much in the TV viewing world to get and recruiting probably wouldn't get a huge boost.

    Fresno St - MWC - 6-0 record - Good year for them so far, but they haven't really played anyone...nor will they. They would get us into California which would be great for recruiting and also some good TV play out there. I wonder if they are just too far west if they aren't brought in with BYU.

    I guess I'll toss in some of my MAC schools as well...

    NIU - MAC - 7-0 record - Another good year for them after going to the BCS last year. Best win is probably at Iowa. They would bring a good recruiting point in IL and WI. The Chicago TV market comes into play as well some (yes they are out in Rockford). However, they are a solid MAC member and core members haven't left for decades.

    Ball St - MAC - 7-1 record - Doing well this year, but do have a loss at North Texas and that's not good at all. Would get the IN TV market and recruiting field, but again another solid core MAC member that won't leave.

    Those are probably the only schools that would really be in play to bring into the Big 12. The only other option would be raiding the ACC which I'm not sure would even be possible now. Obviously it has been discussed before that the targets would likely be Florida State, Clemson, and probably Virginia Tech. Those are their top teams right now and I can't see them leaving. Though bringing them in would make the Big 12 relevant again overnight and have a recruiting base and TV market to rival the SEC.

  8. #183

    Default Re: Official 2013 Big 12 Football Thread

    All we need is to score 28, maybe 30 points as OU 's O is so bad. Another
    pointed this out last week & the moe I watch OU & think about it, the
    more I agree w/ him.

    Also, Most expected us to be the 6-1 team. 188/rolling.gif
    This is the level of respect that even well know mature Tech fans are giving our OU program on their message boards...
    They are talking big.
    If you’re an OU fan its time to fight back.

  9. #184

    Default Re: Official 2013 Big 12 Football Thread

    That reminds of the raucous night a few years ago when Tech came to Norman in 2008 and they were ranked number two and expected to give us a beat down. That was one of the most fun games I've ever been to in Norman. There were a huge number of Tech fans all over the stadium ready to celebrate and they got quiet very quickly with a halftime score of OU 42 and Tech 7.

  10. #185

    Default Re: Official 2013 Big 12 Football Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ljbab728 View Post
    That reminds of the raucous night a few years ago when Tech came to Norman in 2008 and they were ranked number two and expected to give us a beat down. That was one of the most fun games I've ever been to in Norman. There were a huge number of Tech fans all over the stadium ready to celebrate and they got quiet very quickly with a halftime score of OU 42 and Tech 7.
    This OU team is not as good as the 2008 team.
    This 2013 OU team needs its fans even more than that fine night.

    The Tech QB is a freshman..... he has never seen a truly large hostile crowd.
    A loud raucous crowd could rattle him and help create mistakes and turnovers.

  11. #186

    Default Re: Official 2013 Big 12 Football Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ou48A View Post
    This OU team is not as good as the 2008 team.
    This 2013 OU team needs its fans even more than that fine night.

    The Tech QB is a freshman..... he has never seen a truly large hostile crowd.
    A loud raucous crowd could rattle him and help create mistakes and turnovers.

    An this Tech team isn't as good as that 2008 team. I agree about the crowd needing to help though.

  12. #187

    Default Re: Official 2013 Big 12 Football Thread

    Sam Bradford is out for the season, that sucks

  13. #188

    Default Re: Official 2013 Big 12 Football Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ljbab728 View Post
    An this Tech team isn't as good as that 2008 team. I agree about the crowd needing to help though.
    I think it's way too soon to pass judgment about this Tech team.
    They really haven't faced stiff competition yet. Their defense is likely better than in 2008.
    In spite of all our problems OU will still be the toughest team Tech has played so far.
    Stoops indicated today that he would like an OU crowed that was loud and into the game.

  14. #189

    Default Re: Official 2013 Big 12 Football Thread

    Wouldnt be surprised to see Tech lose their 5 final games...or at least 4 of them. OU, OSU, KState, Baylor and Texas still loom for them.

  15. #190

    Default Re: Official 2013 Big 12 Football Thread

    As an OU alumni and graduate, my hope is that OU beats Tech. But for the sake of the standings of the Big 12, Tech and Baylor need to roll. Texas is a joke, and the fact that OU lost to them is worse. The min. OSU was picked to win the big 12, I knew they would have a hard year (also a OSU alum.), they won it when they were picked to finish in the bottom 4. It is a balanced conference - everyone is having a bad year. The exception is Baylor and T.Tech. They need to finish strong to support the "Big 12". This is important, it shows the strength of conference play and attracts athletes who might start going to the SEC or Pac 12 - or worse yet, Big 10.

  16. #191

    Default Re: Official 2013 Big 12 Football Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeesFan View Post
    Sam Bradford is out for the season, that sucks
    Unfortunately since he plays for the Rams he is out for the career

  17. #192

    Default Re: Official 2013 Big 12 Football Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ou48A View Post
    I think it's way too soon to pass judgment about this Tech team.
    They really haven't faced stiff competition yet. Their defense is likely better than in 2008.
    In spite of all our problems OU will still be the toughest team Tech has played so far.
    Stoops indicated today that he would like an OU crowed that was loud and into the game.
    I see. It's OK for you to pass judgement about this OU team compared to 2008 but it's not OK to do that for Tech. Got it.

    After 7 games this Tech has outscored their opponents 288 to 131. In 2008 it was 321 to 152. I would argue that the overall strength of the opponents were similar. Their toughest test were still to come in both years.

  18. #193

    Default Re: Official 2013 Big 12 Football Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ljbab728 View Post
    I see. It's OK for you to pass judgement about this OU team compared to 2008 but it's not OK to do that for Tech. Got it.

    After 7 games this Tech has outscored their opponents 288 to 131. In 2008 it was 321 to 152. I would argue that the overall strength of the opponents were similar. Their toughest test were still to come in both years.
    The reason why its more than OK is because this years Tech team has played a very weak schedule.
    By the time we played them in 2008 they had beaten a highly ranked Texas.
    To be fair we really don't know what they have this year, yet.

    This is the great thing about the game...., watching and finding out answers to such questions.

  19. #194

    Default Re: Official 2013 Big 12 Football Thread

    Rain chances are now 50%. for the OU Tech game

  20. #195

    Default Re: Official 2013 Big 12 Football Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ou48A View Post
    The reason why its more than OK is because this years Tech team has played a very weak schedule.
    By the time we played them in 2008 they had beaten a highly ranked Texas.
    To be fair we really don't know what they have this year, yet.

    This is the great thing about the game...., watching and finding out answers to such questions.
    Sorry, but that doesn't address my issue about you passing judgement on OU but don't want to on Tech. It's either too early for both or not too early for either. You're forgetting that Tech played Texas in 2008 in the 8th game of the year and OU in the 10th. I am talking about an earlier season evaluation and mentioning that Tech beat Texas in 2008 seems to support my opinion that this years team is not as good as 2008. If Tech ends up the regular season with just one loss as they did in 2008 I will certainly admit I was wrong.

  21. #196

    Default Re: Official 2013 Big 12 Football Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ljbab728 View Post
    Sorry, but that doesn't address my issue about you passing judgement on OU but don't want to on Tech. It's either too early for both or not too early for either. You're forgetting that Tech played Texas in 2008 in the 8th game of the year and OU in the 10th. I am talking about an earlier season evaluation and mentioning that Tech beat Texas in 2008 seems to support my opinion that this years team is not as good as 2008. If Tech ends up the regular season with just one loss as they did in 2008 I will certainly admit I was wrong.
    You could be right about Tech... but I'm not yet prepared to say one way or another if this Tech team is better or worse. I will know a lot more at about 6:15 pm Saturday evening.

    Because OU has play a much tougher secluded its a lot easier to see what OU has.
    That and I have watched every single snap of this season and of the 2008 season in most cases 3 or 4 times. Its really not hard to see that this OU team is not as good as the 2008 team who played for a NC.
    Further more no responsible analyst would say that the 2013 OU team was even close to as good as that 2008 team who had so many first round draft choices

  22. #197

    Default Re: Official 2013 Big 12 Football Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ou48A View Post
    Further more no responsible analyst would say that the 2013 OU team was even close to as good as that 2008 team who had so many first round draft choices
    And I think most of your analysts would say the same thing about Tech based on what has happened to this point.

  23. #198

    Default Re: Official 2013 Big 12 Football Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ljbab728 View Post
    And I think most of your analysts would say the same thing about Tech based on what has happened to this point.
    I have been paying close attention and nobody that I have heard has said that they think this Tech team is worse.....but I have heard chatter from the radio types about this OU team not being as good.

    About OU I can look at OU and see it. Tech not so much because they have played much of anyone yet.

  24. #199

    Default Re: Official 2013 Big 12 Football Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ou48A View Post
    I have been paying close attention and nobody that I have heard has said that they think this Tech team is worse.....but I have heard chatter from the radio types about this OU team not being as good.

    About OU I can look at OU and see it. Tech not so much because they have played much of anyone yet.
    LOL, this is just so funny. As in every thread where you post, you just can't accept that you made a statement that might not be correct and you are the final authority on everything. I'm certainly not saying this OU team is better than 2008 just that I see no reason to say Tech is and my opinion is that they aren't. At this point in 2008 Tech hadn't really played anyone either. Just what do you see that makes you think Tech is better than 2008? They sure aren't posting Oregon or Baylor like scores. As you said, though, we will find out.

  25. #200

    Default Re: Official 2013 Big 12 Football Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ljbab728 View Post
    LOL, this is just so funny. As in every thread where you post, you just can't accept that you made a statement that might not be correct and you are the final authority on everything. I'm certainly not saying this OU team is better than 2008 just that I see no reason to say Tech is and my opinion is that they aren't. At this point in 2008 Tech hadn't really played anyone either. Just what do you see that makes you think Tech is better than 2008? They sure aren't posting Oregon or Baylor like scores. As you said, though, we will find out.

    I very clearly said that I'm not yet prepared to say one way or another if this Tech team is better or worse now how can that be wrong

    But what has been clear for several post is that you are trying to play the I got you game. Well you haven't got crap and in part because you clearly let your feelings bleed over from other threads which is a pretty weak way to do things.



    Quote Originally Posted by ou48A View Post
    You could be right about Tech... but I'm not yet prepared to say one way or another if this Tech team is better or worse. I will know a lot more at about 6:15 pm Saturday evening.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Official Firearms Thread
    By Zuplar in forum Current Events & Open Topic
    Replies: 122
    Last Post: 04-21-2017, 04:28 PM
  2. Replies: 1068
    Last Post: 09-23-2013, 06:00 PM
  3. Replies: 38
    Last Post: 07-31-2013, 09:37 AM
  4. The Official 5000th Thread
    By Midtowner in forum Announcements & Help Desk
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-21-2006, 12:23 PM
  5. The official hijack this thread thread
    By Midtowner in forum Current Events & Open Topic
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 01-28-2005, 02:06 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO