Widgets Magazine
Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2013 Big 12 Football Thread

Default Re: Official 2013 Big 12 Football Thread

Quote Originally Posted by OKCisOK4me View Post
    ESPN Game Day is in Stillwater next weekend. We are winless when Game Day is in Stillwater. Like I said, Baylor will win next weekend.
    And then the Sooners will defeat Oklahoma State

Quote Originally Posted by PiePie View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised by that either. I've loved oSu for my 35 years of life. Cardiac Cowboys, Poke Chokes, Okie Lite, whatever you wanna call em. But I wish the best to your squatters, dirt burglars, gooners...Sooners. Will be a great game no matter the outcome just like last year!

I wouldn't be surprised by that either. I've loved oSu for my 35 years of life. Cardiac Cowboys, Poke Chokes, Okie Lite, whatever you wanna call em. But I wish the best to your squatters, dirt burglars, gooners...Sooners. Will be a great game no matter the outcome just like last year!
    Yeah I am ready for the Oklahoma State-Sooners game but I will be sad that it will be the last game of the regular season and that means football is almost over

Yeah I am ready for the Oklahoma State-Sooners game but I will be sad that it will be the last game of the regular season and that means football is almost over
    I know! Seems like yesterday we were all pining for our football programs to start the season with eager anticipation! Bowl games will be done and past before we know it...

^^^^True sign of aging. Time flies...^^^^

I know! Seems like yesterday we were all pining for our football programs to start the season with eager anticipation! Bowl games will be done and past before we know it...

^^^^True sign of aging. Time flies...^^^^
    Yeah it really sucks and we have to wait months before football is back which is hell, haha

Baylor over OSU by 22. I would prefer it to go the other way.

Yeah it really sucks and we have to wait months before football is back which is hell, haha
    Thankfully, there's college basketball and the Thunder and lots of golf and that other grassy sport called baseball if ya really like that...

Not expecting a win but Baylor will have to play very good football to remain undefeated this after this weekend. Baylor has lost 8 straight in Stillwater, run D is suspect, and I generally find that non-powerhouse programs struggle to win big games on the road against good teams late in the season. Also it being a night game with a packed house at a place that OSU has only lost at once since 2010...Im thinking it is ripe for an upset. Either way, I expect a close game. Ill be surprised if Baylor wins by two TDs or more.

FYI...The OU - OSU game will kickoff at either 11 AM or 2:30 PM.

This time of year that’s much better than a night game.
    The 11AM is the best kickoff time for late season games for the players and attending fans.
    We seem to be trending toward a weather pattern where snow / ice may be possible every few days?

Quote Originally Posted by ou48A View Post
    FYI...The OU - OSU game will kickoff at either 11 AM or 2:30 PM.

This time of year that’s much better than a night game.
    The 11AM is the best kickoff time for late season games for the players and attending fans.
    We seem to be trending toward a weather pattern where snow / ice may be possible every few days?
    Wtf? 11:00 kick off times are best? You must be kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by okcboomer View Post
    I've heard they are the best for the players and the coaches. They wake up, eat, do some film, work out a little and then play the game. They don't have 8-9 hours to overthink the schemes and tendancies of the other team. It is not ideal for the fans, but the players and coaches like it better.

Quote Originally Posted by okcboomer View Post
    Using many years of experienced of working in harsh winter weather as a guide along with attending many very cold sometimes snow/ice football games .. the late season games are always best at 11 AM for everyone but the alcoholics.

Now please note that I said this for late season games... I like night kickoffs early in the year d 2:30 kickoff's during most of the season....
    I have driven home in near blizzard conditions the 11AM time is a lot better for winter driving.

Unless its very hot most coaches, players and others who work at the games also like the 11 AM kickoff time.

I've already picked Baylor to win by two TDs because they've kicked everyone elses asses in BIG XII play. The other thought that holds me back on that, though, is their performance at Kansas State...undoubtedly a tough place to play and historically tougher than OSU. Never can compare teams playing other teams, we beat KState, they lost to Baylor by less than everyone else (10 points) because this game has much larger implications than that game ever did.

Again, OSU is 0-3 when Game Day is in town (all against OU) and even though Baylor hasn't won at OSU since the 1930s, it just seems like it's their time. It's like Goonies for them.

It's going to be a great game and I'd be ecstatic if my Pokes won it but I just don't think we will. As posted at gopokes.com, I pick Baylor as victor at 49-35. Hope I'm wrong!

14. Default Re: Official 2013 Big 12 Football Thread

OU's Bester and Damien Williams suspended for the KSU game. Great crop of kids we seem to have now. Sheesh.

15. Default Re: Official 2013 Big 12 Football Thread

Hey look...OU can score in the 1st quarter after all.

Back to the lovely safety play we have grown accustomed to...Yay!

17. Default Re: Official 2013 Big 12 Football Thread

This game is insane. Baylor just completely deflated.

Quote Originally Posted by venture79 View Post
    This game is insane. Baylor just completely deflated.
    Can OU have overs please against Baylor? Granted OSU is playing very well but Baylor is making numerous unforced terrible plays tonight. Congrats to OSU though.

Wow. Lots of people called this wrong. Not just an OSU win, but an OSU stomp!

Blog Entries

Cowboys went bear-hunting with a switch!

21. Default Re: Official 2013 Big 12 Football Thread

Good night to be a Cowboy.

I was wrong; therefore, you MUST BE wrong...

OU can now enjoy going into Bedlam with zero pressure and gunning to completely ruin OSU's season...Probably not gonna happen just sayin

Quote Originally Posted by Easy180 View Post
    OU can now enjoy going into Bedlam with zero pressure and gunning to completely ruin OSU's season...Probably not gonna happen just sayin
    this would be soooo great if it does happen

Quote Originally Posted by stratosphere View Post
    this would be soooo great if it does happen
    It's this type of sour grapes fandom I'll never understand. I've never been one to root for a spoiler. I'm an OSU fan, but in years where OU is in the title hunt, and there's no upside for OSU, I root for OU to win bedlam.

I see no problem rooting for an OU win merely as a supporter of OU, but to root for it to spoil OSU's season? Really?

Thread Information