Widgets Magazine

Thread: Dwight Howard to sign with the Rockets

Thunder Dwight Howard to sign with the Rockets

Looks like we might have some more competition in the Western Conference next year.

Dwight Howard says he'll sign with Houston Rockets - ESPN Los Angeles

Default Re: Dwight Howard to sign with the Rockets

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    Looks like we might have some more competition in the Western Conference next year.

Dwight Howard says he'll sign with Houston Rockets - ESPN Los Angeles
    Hmmm. I could have sworn the the Thunder faced him in the Western Conference last season.

He brings a good game and a bit of chaos to any team he joins. Could be interesting.

This would have never happened without the Harden trade. They'll be good. No doubt.

There will be changes and new challenges every year. That's just part of professional sports.

Hopefully he can make them as dysfunctional as every other place that he has played.

Anxious to see how Dwight Howard ruins another team.

Not anxious to see if the Dwight Howard Experiment really truly works...

Quote Originally Posted by ljbab728 View Post
    Hmmm. I could have sworn the the Thunder faced him in the Western Conference last season.
    We did, but he was also playing in a system where he didn't like the coach's style of play. Not sure what the difference is between D'Antoni's and McHale's coaching style, but he left $30 million on the table and picked Houston for a reason. I also agree with what other posters have said that he could bring chaos to the team, but he could make them better. I guess we will wait and see.

So Houston is replacing an already good center with a dramatic diva who is also good.

Feel bad for Asik, he wants to be traded because he wants to be a factor and have good team behind him.

However, if you brought someone in to do my job and I still got paid regardless, bring them on!

We did, but he was also playing in a system where he didn't like the coach's style of play. Not sure what the difference is between D'Antoni's and McHale's coaching style, but he left $30 million on the table and picked Houston for a reason. I also agree with what other posters have said that he could bring chaos to the team, but he could make them better. I guess we will wait and see.
    It's going to be interesting because Houston's personnel would have actually been suited for D'Antoni's system. However, McHale obviously knows big men so it'll be interesting to see how they gel.

While I still think Dwight is the best center in the game, he definitely did not look as explosive after returning from injury last season. And we all know he's immature and causes drama. It's going to be interesting no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    So Houston is replacing an already good center with a dramatic diva who is also good.

Feel bad for Asik, he wants to be traded because he wants to be a factor and have good team behind him.

However, if you brought someone in to do my job and I still got paid regardless, bring them on!
    Yep, but I know a team that could use a good center who wants to play and work hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuplar View Post
    Yep, but I know a team that could use a good center who wants to play and work hard.
    Too bad he is way too expensive for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    Too bad he is way too expensive for us.
    In July of 2012, Asik signed a three year-$25.1 million contract, that is $8.37/year.

Perk is scheduled to make $8.5 this year and $9.15 next year.

Can we somehow tell Houston they owe us for coming out better (as it looks right now) in the Harden trade so they need to do a straight up trade Perk-Asik?

except he didn't really leave 30 mil on the table .. well unless he has a career ending injury he will be paid in year 5 .. and most likely in the 20's of mil of dollars ..

so that cuts the number now to less than 10 mil .. then you add back the 13% california state tax rate .. and he didn't really leave a penny on the table

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    except he didn't really leave 30 mil on the table .. well unless he has a career ending injury he will be paid in year 5 .. and most likely in the 20's of mil of dollars ..

so that cuts the number now to less than 10 mil .. then you add back the 13% california state tax rate .. and he didn't really leave a penny on the table
    Is he supposed to sign with a four year with a fifth year option? I really don't know the specifics of the contract, just the amounts I read.

Is he supposed to sign with a four year with a fifth year option? I really don't know the specifics of the contract, just the amounts I read.
    4 year max. BoulderSooner is saying that, barring an injury, he should get a (last) max contract after this one expires.

Blog Entries

Howard went from Orlando to Los Angeles and now to Houston...

Dwight has game:

He has been in and out of more cities than a million dollar gigolo has been in and out of beds of the super wealthy.

Superman 'pretty-boy' Howard will hop from Houston the first chance he gets.

Thread Information