Widgets Magazine

Thread: KFC Eleven -A Test Concept, No Bones about it.

Default KFC Eleven -A Test Concept, No Bones about it.

About KFC eleven
    We've taken the best part of KFC (you guessed it... the chicken...), and crafted it into simple, fresh tastes for today. Flatbreads, sandwiches, salads and rice bowls share the menu with refreshing new drinks and indulgent sweets. And yet with all of this delicious, new food, we haven't forgotten our roots -you'll always be able to get the Colonel's famous Original Recipe (r) Boneless chicken!
    KFC eleven will transform how people think about the brand,

source: New KFC Concept Being Tested on Bardstown Road will go to 11 - Chicken Wire - Eater Louisville
    also: KFC is testing a new upscale restaurant | News OK

The test location is slated for Lousiville KY, near their HQ.
    Not sure it's all that and a side of gravy myself. Then again, not sure it will even include the gravy.

Default Re: KFC Eleven -A Test Concept, No Bones about it.

The name of the test restaurant is a reference to the 11 herbs and spices Sanders used in the Original Recipe, according to AP.
    That may be their intended reference, but I immediately thought that you might get some KFC with your next Slurpee purchase at 7-11...

The word fried did not use to be such a buzzkill. I wonder how long this name and model will run?

They tried distancing themselves form "Kentucky Fried Chicken" to the initials "KFC" and the more recently, "Kentucky Grilled Chicken" (changing building signage etc). I've got nothing against the boneless versions BUT it isn't the "Colonel's famous Original Recipe" when you also remove the skin...that is the missing 12th ingredient that makes a difference. It is similar but just not the same. They have also tried expanding the menu (sandwiches, bowls etc) but nothing has really "stuck". Return to the basics...do what you do well...bring back the idea "we do chicken right"

I had a KFC bowl once. That was enough to know not to do it again. I do still like the original recipe bone in chicken best of all.

I always wanted to try one of those sandwiches that used two pieces of boneless fried chicken instead of bread, but I never could pull the trigger...

Quote Originally Posted by ThomPaine View Post
    I always wanted to try one of those sandwiches that used two pieces of boneless fried chicken instead of bread, but I never could pull the trigger...
    That's just your common sense talking to you.

And Col. Harland Sanders continues to turn over in his grave..........

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    I had a KFC bowl once. That was enough to know not to do it again. I do still like the original recipe bone in chicken best of all.
    Same here...

Quote Originally Posted by ThomPaine View Post
    You should have tried it, it was excellent!

Here's a good link with pics;interesting concept, it's like the Panera Bread of chicken.

First Look: KFC eleven Opens its Fast-Casual Doors for a Sneak Peak - Eater Inside - Eater Louisville

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    Here's a good link with pics;interesting concept, it's like the Panera Bread of chicken.

First Look: KFC eleven Opens its Fast-Casual Doors for a Sneak Peak - Eater Inside - Eater Louisville
    Weird pic selection criteria. But some of the artwork in the store was interesting.

This business should remove any reference to "Kentucky", "KFC", "The Colonel", or "Original Recipe". It's disrespectful of the founder, and frankly, modern American history.

Prunepicker Guest

When anyone mentions boneless chicken I can't help but remember
    this cartoon by Gary Larson.

Thread Information