Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Downtown Living

Default Re: Downtown Living

Quote Originally Posted by no1cub17 View Post
    Have you even been to any of the new places? Slim's? WSKY? KD's even? No offense but sounds like you don't know what the hell you're talking about.
    Yeah. It's gotten way better in the last year. Much more variety. JJ's and Slim's offer nice neighborhood vibe places and the revamped Bricktown Music Hall is putting on some good shows now. ACM regularly pumps some live music into the district. BT has long been known for its cheesy mega clubs, but it seems the newer establishments have been going against that. There's still plenty of it, but the influx of more low key establishments has given it broader appeal, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCretro View Post
    Yes I have? slims is great, a little too small of a place. I was there enjoying a soccer game and a group of 10-15 middle aged women came in started making fun of everyone. (hence my line about batchelorette parties from small towns).
    KD's - haven't been probably wont go. I think we should call it something else because KD doesn't own it, he just receives royalties from it. If its own by Hal smith just call it something generic like Hal smith's 2013 bricktown attempt.
    I did love Al Esbach's restaurant, no reason why that place closed down....
    You must call Wes Welker's place "Hal Smith's 2013 Attempt at Running Another Sports Stars Bar Up On Memorial", huh?

Obviously you have nothing but snide and negative remarks. Tell us where the premier urban district is that ultimately gives you goosebumps because it's so amazing...

Speaking of Lit, whats the story on the Pink Cadillac joint? Did they redo the place or is it still like Lit?

^
    Pink Cadillac is owned by the same people as Candy, so that's a good sign I think.

They already have over 8,000 likes on their Facebook page.

Here is the only photo I could find of the interior -- it's going to be much more of a sports bar than a club:

Quote Originally Posted by OKCretro View Post
    Yes I have? slims is great, a little too small of a place. I was there enjoying a soccer game and a group of 10-15 middle aged women came in started making fun of everyone. (hence my line about batchelorette parties from small towns).
    KD's - haven't been probably wont go. I think we should call it something else because KD doesn't own it, he just receives royalties from it. If its own by Hal smith just call it something generic like Hal smith's 2013 bricktown attempt.
    I did love Al Esbach's restaurant, no reason why that place closed down....
    KD owns 25% of the restaurant. Anyone to feel free to correct me if I am mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    ^
    Pink Cadillac is owned by the same people as Candy, so that's a good sign I think.

They already have over 8,000 likes on their Facebook page.

Here is the only photo I could find of the interior -- it's going to be much more of a sports bar than a club:

Looks like the sidewalks of downtown OKC!

Prunepicker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by OKCisOK4me View Post
    And it looks like you've changed your Avatar for the 29th time this month!
    Yes, I'm a conspiracy theorist between the hours of 1am and 3am.
    You're planning something devious.

Calling NSA... CPA... SAE... DFW... WD39... Chief, It's me, would you believe...

Yeah OKCisOK4me, quit changing your avatar pic so much. . . What are you planning

Quote Originally Posted by Prunepicker View Post
    And it looks like you've changed your Avatar for the 29th time this month!
    Yes, I'm a conspiracy theorist between the hours of 1am and 3am.
    You're planning something devious.

Calling NSA... CPA... SAE... DFW... WD39... Chief, It's me, would you believe...
    Prune, I last changed it around Halloween in honor of Just The Fact's creepy avatar. Deal with it!

What?

Quote Originally Posted by BDP View Post
    What?
    Empty. Sorry, I think on a different plane of thought.

12. Default Re: Downtown Living

Post-zombie apocalypse. At least things are improving...dramatically.

Empty. Sorry, I think on a different plane of thought.
    Are you talking about the CBD after dark or on a Sunday? If so, I can show you empty financial districts after 6pm in some of the biggest cities in the country. If you meant all of downtown, then maybe you meant 1985?

Or did I just misread some sarcasm?

Are you talking about the CBD after dark or on a Sunday? If so, I can show you empty financial districts after 6pm in some of the biggest cities in the country. If you meant all of downtown, then maybe you meant 1985?

I believe it was sarcasm intended to poke fun at OKCretro's posts at the top of the page.

Wall Street is relatively dead on the weekends.

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    I believe it was sarcasm intended to poke fun at OKCretro's posts at the top of the page.
    Yeah, makes sense. I went back and read who said and what and that would be more consistent.

So, in that case,

Ha!

Quote Originally Posted by benjenn View Post
    That's a fantastic blog and I've really enjoyed reading it.

Thanks, Dubya61! You just made my day. I am looking forward to writing about all the fun things we're going to get to do living downtown. Just got our MOA membership cards in the mail today. Ready for spring so we can start walking around to check things out.

^

Very cool!

Fun reading your blog and look forward to hearing more about your adventures.

I only see one Brownstone for sale on MLS right now, which looks like a resale. Just a couple months ago there were probably 6 or 7 on the market, most of which were still in shell form.

Betts - did they sell out?

Six have definitely sold in the past six months. I heard there was potentially another one that might have a contract pending. There could be others as well. There are no unfinished shells left, for sure.

Those brownstones are the poorest built structures I've ever been around.

Why do you say that? All but one of those structures are 8" insulated concrete, aside form the interior framing.

Thread Information