Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dirtwork on I-40 & Cornwell - SW corner of NW 10th & Cornwell

Default Re: Dirtwork on I-40 & Cornwell - SW corner of NW 10th & Cornwell

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_M View Post
    You basically ignored my whole comment and decided to try to invalidate my argument by glaring at pointless fallacies. I was being facetious about Broadway being a highway (there's irony buried in there, guess this isn't the place) and didn't even try to hint at trying to keep everything in the proper city limits.

My ACTUAL point is that the Edmond city plan is a traffic nightmare and a terrible area to spend your day shopping. I'm hoping that Yukon doesn't use that as their master plan, although it's starting to feel that way.
    Hense why I specifically said sorry if I misunderstood you. I didn't ignore anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Hense why I specifically said sorry if I misunderstood you. I didn't ignore anything.
    No worries, common message board banter :P At least we agree on the city plan. I've lived in Yukon since I was a kid (with the exception of some college years). It's pretty amazing to have a mall and viable food/entertainment options within a few miles. I just hope they lay it out in an interactive way rather than a strip mall war across the city.

Quote Originally Posted by rezman View Post
    This is kind of off topic but I hear there are plans to build a new interchange on the west side of Yukon at I-40 and Frisco Road, and also shopping centers and related development there.
    Correct....this went before the Yukon City Council August 5th. $16,000,000 project with ODOT paying 65% and the City of Yukon 35%. Looks like Yukon (Triad) will handle the design.

8. Consider approving Resolution 2014-15, a Resolution to execute Project
    Agreement No. 30715(04), by and between the City of Yukon and the Oklahoma
    Department of Transportation, for construction of an Interchange at I-40 and Frisco
    Road, 4.5 miles west of Kilpatrick Turnpike Interchange in Canadian County, with
    the City’s obligation amount of $5,600,000.00, plus preconstruction costs to
    include planning, design, engineering, right-of-way acquisition, utility relocation,
    and environmental clearance, to be paid from the Frisco Road Tax Increment
    Financing (TIF) District

http://www.cityofyukonok.gov/sites/y...ust_5_2014.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by eatokc.com View Post
    US postal addresses do not correspond with city limits. Don't use postal addresses to define city limits. When I was in Fl I had a Clearwater address but I was living in an area that was annexed by Largo, and now I live in Slaughterville but my mailing address is Lexington.
    So true. I live in Surrey Hills. OKC water/sewer, fire/police as we are in OKC limits. Yukon mailing address, school system. Piedmont phone exchange. We vote in county elections for Canadian County ballot issues. Yukon school board elections. OKC Council elections, and OKC questions, but not OKC school stuff. It actually gets confusing at times regarding what elections we vote in. What is more odd is there are areas south of us that are now Piedmont schools. In fact, Piedmont school boundaries almost surround us. But when Surrey Hills was developed, Yukon was the only district that was willing to build an elementary school at surrey, and that was a selling point for the developers as at that time, Surrey was so far out. There was nothing close to it then.

Thread Information