Widgets Magazine
Page 37 of 40 FirstFirst ... 323334353637383940 LastLast

Thread: Lindsey Street

Default Re: Lindsey Street

Quote Originally Posted by OK BBQ Eater Anonymous View Post
    One of my friends from Norman posted this pic of the bike lane to Facebook this morning.

Think they're just trying to keep from Edmonding their Norman with this version of spelling?

Attachment 14721

I took that exact same picture yesterday.

20180628_162244
    by lazio85, on Flickr

2. Default Re: Lindsey Street

Quote Originally Posted by Lazio85 View Post
    I took that exact same picture yesterday.
    He just posted more pics of crews out there looking at it... Maybe they will get it fixed before it becomes a national embarrassment.

Too late, it was on this evening’s Chive gallery: “It’s summertime, and the nailing it is easy” A gallery for pretty dumb mistakes.

During last week's torrential rain, the new Lindsey street was flooded around Wylie. I'm sure our crack street planning department has something in the works for the future to fix though.

5. Default Re: Lindsey Street

I noticed today the McAlisters on Lindsey had closed. Somewhat surprised based on how busy it always was. I guess they are just sticking to the new location in UNP.

Long term Lindsey still needs to be 4 landed all the way to Elm and a better traffic light system added.

7. Default Re: Lindsey Street

A lot of people using turning lanes the wrong way.

Lindsey is also looking pretty bare with McAllisters going out now as well.

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    A lot of people using turning lanes the wrong way.

Lindsey is also looking pretty bare with McAllisters going out now as well.
    It closed mid October. Also saw in the Transcript that Taco Bueno on Lindsey is now closed as well. Lots of empty store fronts.

I don't understand why they don't make it a permanent three-lane road with, curbs, sidewalks and nice lighting all the way to Elm? The center lane could be used as a turn lane. It could be adjusted on game day to be a permanent east or west bound traffic flow either before or after the game? Yes it would cost, but I think it would help with University traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by _Cramer_ View Post
    I don't understand why they don't make it a permanent three-lane road with, curbs, sidewalks and nice lighting all the way to Elm? The center lane could be used as a turn lane. It could be adjusted on game day to be a permanent east or west bound traffic flow either before or after the game? Yes it would cost, but I think it would help with University traffic.
    I think that ship sailed long ago. A plan for a traffic circle at Berry was also proposed by OU for better traffic flow was shot down as well.

Quote Originally Posted by mattjank View Post
    It closed mid October. Also saw in the Transcript that Taco Bueno on Lindsey is now closed as well. Lots of empty store fronts.
    Good opportunity to increase density and add infill housing in certain areas along Lindsey.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
    Good opportunity to increase density and add infill housing in certain areas along Lindsey.
    Yep. Ideal time to do so.

Steve, Can you see if you can figure out if anything is planning on going here. NAPA moved locations in early 2018 and Bryan's car corner closed down overnight. There is no more "For Lease" signs and it is an ideal location being on Lindsay Street right off I-35. I believe I saw a surveying stake on the corner there too.
    Screen Shot 2019-01-18 at 10.50.09 AM.jpgScreen Shot 2019-01-18 at 10.52.47 AM.jpg

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mattbrafford View Post
    Steve, Can you see if you can figure out if anything is planning on going here. NAPA moved locations in early 2018 and Bryan's car corner closed down overnight. There is no more "For Lease" signs and it is an ideal location being on Lindsay Street right off I-35. I believe I saw a surveying stake on the corner there too.
    Screen Shot 2019-01-18 at 10.50.09 AM.jpgScreen Shot 2019-01-18 at 10.52.47 AM.jpg
    This will make for yet another killer On Cue. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    This will make for yet another killer On Cue. lol
    According to Norman Development FB page "OnCue Express has purchased 4 strategic parcels at the high-traffic corner of Lindsey and 24th Ave SW. OnCue paid $1.4M for the nearly 8 acre area. No timeline for construction has been released.

The two western most parcels are currently vacant, the third was most recently a Napa Auto Parts and the forth was a used car lot until their closure in late December.

OnCue currently operates two locations in Norman: one at E Lindsay and Classen Blvd and one at Tecumseh and Flood. OnCue also has plans to build a new location at Classen Blvd and Highway 9."

https://www.facebook.com/83149970038...2027626333210/

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by macfoucin View Post
    According to Norman Development FB page "OnCue Express has purchased 4 strategic parcels at the high-traffic corner of Lindsey and 24th Ave SW. OnCue paid $1.4M for the nearly 8 acre area. No timeline for construction has been released.

The two western most parcels are currently vacant, the third was most recently a Napa Auto Parts and the forth was a used car lot until their closure in late December.

OnCue currently operates two locations in Norman: one at E Lindsay and Classen Blvd and one at Tecumseh and Flood. OnCue also has plans to build a new location at Classen Blvd and Highway 9."

https://www.facebook.com/83149970038...2027626333210/
    Well, I'll be damned. I CAN tell the future.

17. Default Re: Lindsey Street

That one on the corner of Lindsey and 24th will be very heavily used. Same goes for the classen and hwy9. Good picks.

18. Default Re: Lindsey Street

Anybody know when they start on the new building where swatters wine used to be?

Quote Originally Posted by macfoucin View Post
    Jeez, they really must be getting a serious infusion of capital from Phillips 66.

With this recent property acquisition, by my running spreadsheet OnCue now has 47 locations in central OK that have been completed or where property has been purchased for future development.

In addition, I'm tracking a handful of possible purchases.

Midwest Wrecking has the two old buildings torn down and were busting up the old asphalt this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger S View Post
    One of my friends from Norman posted this pic of the bike lane to Facebook this morning.

Think they're just trying to keep from Edmonding their Norman with this version of spelling?

Attachment 14721
    Did they get that fixed or is it still there? I am not sure if I like the green, it makes me think it is grass instead of a bike lane

23. Default Re: Lindsey Street

That's a pretty universal color for bike lanes.

24. Default Re: Lindsey Street

Quote Originally Posted by SoonersFan12 View Post
    Did they get that fixed or is it still there? I am not sure if I like the green, it makes me think it is grass instead of a bike lane
    Ya it was fixed that week.

green in all our bike lanes in Norman

Quote Originally Posted by AP View Post
    That's a pretty universal color for bike lanes.
    It's from the nationwide road standards documents even, if I am remembering correctly.

Thread Information