Widgets Magazine
Page 33 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2829303132333435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: Lindsey Street

Default Re: Lindsey Street

Quote Originally Posted by gman11695 View Post
    Does anyone know when the Highway 9 to NB 35 ramp is going to open?
    The tentative plan is to open the ramp on Wednesday, March 8th. (Source: http://www.lindseystreetnorman.com)

2. Default Re: Lindsey Street

Looks like SH-9 will be using the new northbound entrance starting tomorrow:

ADVISORY FROM ODOT: The northbound I-35 on-ramp from westbound SH-9 East will be closed and northbound I-35 will be narrowed to one lane between SH-9 West (mm 106) and Lindsey St. (mm 108B) from 9 p.m. Thursday to 6 a.m. Friday for ramp work. Following this closure, drivers will be shifted to the new northbound I-35 on-ramp from SH-9 East.

3. Default Re: Lindsey Street

Drove down lindsey last night and they had opened the new portion of the road toward berry. It sure beat the old beater temp road. Looks like they had already torn out the temp road on the south and were starting on the north.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ChargerAg View Post
    Drove down lindsey last night and they had opened the new portion of the road toward berry. It sure beat the old beater temp road. Looks like they had already torn out the temp road on the south and were starting on the north.
    Praise God, lol. That temp road is a beast. Any chance you could snap some pictures?

5. Default Re: Lindsey Street

Well this sounded like a good idea to snap a picture but turned out to be really hard. Between the bumper to bumper traffic and all the construction equipment I couldn't get a clear shot. All you can see from this picture is the cars are on the new road and that they are working on where the temp road used to be. I'll see if I can get a better picture later in the week maybe in the evening. Oh I did notice that they are starting to put the columns on the bridge over the creek. Looking forward to seeing how nice those turn out.

road.jpg

HangryHippo Guest

Awesome, charger. Thanks! I'm also looking forward to seeing how the columns turn out.

All of the renderings on the site look amazing. I also noticed the timeline states the entire project is to be finished by Thanksgiving!

HangryHippo Guest

I was on Lindsey St. and managed to get this picture of the new columns above Imhoff Creek. Column work hasn't started on the north side of Lindsey yet.
    IMG_1318.jpg

9. Default Re: Lindsey Street

Walked over the bridge and took some photos. I was a little worried about how this bridge would turn out. In the first photo you can still see concrete on the ends of the bridge and it looked very half baked. I am starting to think they aren't done. You can see on the corners that there is electrical pipe so I am thinking they will add more. I also took a picture of the column. If you look at the ground you can see what i believe will be some night time lighting for the columns. I think think bridge is going to look sharp at night. Lastly is a picture of Lindsey. You can't see much except that they have the outside lanes torn up now.
    unnamed.jpgunnamed2.jpgunnamed3.jpgunnamed4.jpg

Thanks for sharing.

Going to be a massive improvement when complete.

Lindsey Street Bridge reopening celebration this Friday!

https://goo.gl/t3c5ku

HangryHippo Guest

Praise God! This has been a LONG time coming.

Walked over the bridge and took some photos. I was a little worried about how this bridge would turn out. In the first photo you can still see concrete on the ends of the bridge and it looked very half baked. I am starting to think they aren't done. You can see on the corners that there is electrical pipe so I am thinking they will add more. I also took a picture of the column. If you look at the ground you can see what i believe will be some night time lighting for the columns. I think think bridge is going to look sharp at night. Lastly is a picture of Lindsey. You can't see much except that they have the outside lanes torn up now.
    unnamed.jpgunnamed2.jpgunnamed3.jpgunnamed4.jpg
    Thanks for the pics. Is there clearance underneath the bridge for a future bike trail along Imhoff Creek? I thought that was in the long-range plan for this creek corridor.

14. Default Re: Lindsey Street

Quote Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
    Thanks for the pics. Is there clearance underneath the bridge for a future bike trail along Imhoff Creek? I thought that was in the long-range plan for this creek corridor.
    Just the drainage box under the bridge. Its a shame that there aren't bike trails along the creek. They haven't done much more with the bridge since I took these photos. They did make some brick benches that sit on the bridge.

Just the drainage box under the bridge. Its a shame that there aren't bike trails along the creek. They haven't done much more with the bridge since I took these photos. They did make some brick benches that sit on the bridge.
    That's unfortunate, and short-sighted. Any future bike trail will have to cross Lindsey which will be a pain when it easily could've been incorporated into the design to provide the clearance to go underneath.

Keep in mind that the bridge won't be ready aesthetically this Friday. It will be functional, and that's what is most important right now.

Quote Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
    That's unfortunate, and short-sighted. Any future bike trail will have to cross Lindsey which will be a pain when it easily could've been incorporated into the design to provide the clearance to go underneath.
    For a city of its population and geographic size, Norman's bike system is abysmal - especially for a college town. Would love to see more trails/bike only lanes down there.

Not sure what it would take (or where it be located) but a "central Oklahoma bikeway" that connected Norman to OKC to Edmond would be an incredible recreational resource for multiple cities and counties.

Quote Originally Posted by benjico View Post
    For a city of its population and geographic size, Norman's bike system is abysmal - especially for a college town. Would love to see more trails/bike only lanes down there.

Not sure what it would take (or where it be located) but a "central Oklahoma bikeway" that connected Norman to OKC to Edmond would be an incredible recreational resource for multiple cities and counties.
    Yes! I'd love to ride from Norman to OKC for work, but any of the routes I'd take scare me, and I've been road riding for 17+ years. The thought of riding down, Santa Fe, Western or Eastern in traffic makes me shudder.

Also getting across Norman (West-East) for most of the day is not fun.

HangryHippo Guest

Has anyone seen pictures from this morning's event?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Has anyone seen pictures from this morning's event?
    From https://twitter.com/drstratman:

Quote Originally Posted by LocoAko View Post

Wow! I didn't know the new Lindsay was gonna be so pedestrian friendly!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ross MacLochness View Post
    Wow! I didn't know the new Lindsay was gonna be so pedestrian friendly!!
    Plu Pan is going to be SO DISAPPOINTED when he finds out this was actually a pedestrian only bridge from the beginning.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by LocoAko View Post
    Thanks very much!

I am impressed and even a bit surprised at the turnout. That is a lot of people.

Quote Originally Posted by benjico View Post

Extending the trail along the RR tracks would be an easy way to connect the cities. In the mean time I hope Norman can start to move forward with its bikeway plans including the Imhoff Creek trail.

Thread Information