Widgets Magazine
Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 34353637383940 LastLast

Thread: Lindsey Street

Default Re: Lindsey Street

Quote Originally Posted by W8N2SKI View Post
    This is from a while back from the Norman Development Facebook page
    +Attachment 17803
    Gross, a drive-thru only? Makes sense closer to the highway but not here. Did the city approve this?

Quote Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
    Gross, a drive-thru only? Makes sense closer to the highway but not here. Did the city approve this?
    Based on the number of parking spots on the plans, I believe it will be a walk-in location as well. They have already started the groundwork and foundation, so I am guessing the city has already signed off it.

A couple of updates. Two pics are of the new Starbuck's on the southwest corner of Lindsey and Berry. The third pic is of the new Press and Plow at the corner of Lindsey and Lahoma.

On a related note, for those of you aware of its longstanding presence on Lindsey just east of Berry, the derelict bulldozer is now gone.

Starbucks 1.jpg
    Starbucks 2.jpg
    Press and Plow.jpg

4. Default Re: Lindsey Street

Quote Originally Posted by BimmerSooner View Post
    A couple of updates. Two pics are of the new Starbuck's on the southwest corner of Lindsey and Berry. The third pic is of the new Press and Plow at the corner of Lindsey and Lahoma.

On a related note, for those of you aware of its longstanding presence on Lindsey just east of Berry, the derelict bulldozer is now gone.

Starbucks 1.jpg
    Starbucks 2.jpg
    Press and Plow.jpg
    I saw someone working on that dozer about a month ago. I thought to myself... surely they aren't trying to get it running again. Then it was gone!

Now if something can fill the empty restaurant on ed noble next to BJs then Norman will feel so complete.

The only thing that will fill that building will be construction workers when they are tearing it down.

Looks like Hal Smith is planning another restaurant in Norman on the corner of Lindsey and Berry, across from Penny Hill.

Untitled.jpgScreenshot 2023-07-17 090718.jpg

Interesting, hopefully this leads to new development on the NW corner. I think that’s a perfect spot for a Trader Joe’s.

9. Default Re: Lindsey Street

Quote Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
    Interesting, hopefully this leads to new development on the NW corner. I think that’s a perfect spot for a Trader Joe’s.
    If you ever get on Nextdoor people are OBSESSED with Trader Joes. They think every new development or new land being moved is a potential Trader Joes.

Not obsessed but I do think one would do well here. I always thought that the old IGA on main would have been a great location.

I've been thinking the empty Sears in the Norman Mall might be a good location for Trader Joe's.

What I'd really like on Lindsey is a grocery store like the Uptown Market in Edmond and North May. The decrepit skating rink / bowling alley (?) area or the run down Homeland would be great locations. But that's just my $.02

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CaptDave View Post
    I've been thinking the empty Sears in the Norman Mall might be a good location for Trader Joe's.

What I'd really like on Lindsey is a grocery store like the Uptown Market in Edmond and North May. The decrepit skating rink / bowling alley (?) area or the run down Homeland would be great locations. But that's just my $.02
    Don't think I've ever seen a TJ in a mall setting. Bowling alley and Homeland would probably be way bigger than a TJ goes. Sears probably way bigger too.

13. Default Re: Lindsey Street

I used to think TJs offered me nothing (except bananas) l was very interested in but the last few years l've gotten some frozen items there (and bananas) that were excellent. It is now a once a month stop for certain things (and bananas).

14. Default Re: Lindsey Street

I do not think Norman will ever get a Trader Joes. I'd see Edmond getting one before Norman.

But there is a sweet 25k sqft bounce house at sooner mall right now.

Screenshot 2023-09-22 090658.jpg

Rendering of proposed Hal Smith restaurant at Lindsey and Berry (NE corner). Just passed Planning Commission unanimously; on to Council.

Quote Originally Posted by BimmerSooner View Post
    Screenshot 2023-09-22 090658.jpg

Rendering of proposed Hal Smith restaurant at Lindsey and Berry (NE corner). Just passed Planning Commission unanimously; on to Council.
    Thank you.

I wonder what concept this may be?

In Norman, there is already Winston's, Neighborhood Jam, Pub W... Maybe it's something new.

Upper Crust on CC and in Edmond is doing well, maybe a new location in Norman?

18. Default Re: Lindsey Street

I could see it being that Bob Stoops bar that was in Edmond? Would be a big draw being close to OU and in Bob Stoops town.

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    Upper Crust on CC and in Edmond is doing well, maybe a new location in Norman?
    somehow i didn't know UC was a Hal Smith concept. TIL

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    I could see it being that Bob Stoops bar that was in Edmond? Would be a big draw being close to OU and in Bob Stoops town.
    Stoops has a bar?

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    Stoops has a bar?
    I think he meant the now-defunct Matty McMillan's.

It didn't last very long.

Surprised to see Press & Plow not open yet at Lindsey & Lahoma. But it looks like they are getting closer, and will be a good amenity for the neighborhood

Live just down the block from the new Press and Plow. It's been stuck for in neutral for months. Mainly the interior. They did recently complete some work on the exterior. Excited to have it open, but admittedly their ability to efficiently execute the construction is making me wonder a bit.

24. Default Re: Lindsey Street

Looks like the subcontractors have been slow. Don't know the construction company though so I can't comment.

They look like they just finished the dry wall so they are still a little way out. Never a good thing to miss a football season.

25. Default Re: Lindsey Street

New HTea0 going on Lindsey in the old "Pregnancy Consultation" building next to Sooner Pharmacy.

https://www.normanokdevelopment.com/...-lindsey-site/

Thread Information