Page 38 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3334353637383940 LastLast

Thread: Lindsey Street

Default Re: Lindsey Street

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    Ya it was fixed that week.

green in all our bike lanes in Norman
    That is good, thank you for the update!

I couldn't find it's own thread. Sooner Legend's is closed for good. https://www.koco.com/article/sooner-...loses/33385779

Quote Originally Posted by macfoucin View Post
    I couldn't find it's own thread. Sooner Legend's is closed for good. https://www.koco.com/article/sooner-...loses/33385779
    Not very surprised but very sad about this!

There is now an auction sign out in front of Sooner Legends for a date of October 1st. Appears to be for property and furnishings. Says to be stripped and lists things like the kitchen equipment, a/c units, and parking lot lights.

https://www.dakil.com/event/sooner-l...tel-restaurant

5. Default Re: Lindsey Street

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_M View Post
    There is now an auction sign out in front of Sooner Legends for a date of October 1st. Appears to be for property and furnishings. Says to be stripped and lists things like the kitchen equipment, a/c units, and parking lot lights.

https://www.dakil.com/event/sooner-l...tel-restaurant
    I always felt like this place was on the verge of closing before the pandemic then I think that was the final nail.

Sooner Legends to be torn down, no word on what it will become.
    https://oklahoman.com/article/567847...o-be-torn-down

7. Default Re: Lindsey Street

It's getting where about half of west Lindsey needs to be torn down.

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    It's getting where about half of west Lindsey needs to be torn down.
    As long as its replaced with quality new development. This one of two “front doors” for OU (the other being Main to University) and they should be involved in making sure it is the gateway the university deserves.

9. Default Re: Lindsey Street

I totally agree. I'm amazed the value of real eastate isn't holding up Lindsey quality more. I'm sure the widening project hurt businesses along with Covid.

Midwest Wrecking has started demolishing the Sooner Legends building.

Demo of Sooner Legends is complete. Walls are going up at the OnCue across the street.

12. Default Re: Lindsey Street

Also the ill fated "Slice House Pizzeria" looks like it has been leased? No idea what is going in though.

Building permits were issued in March for "Velvet Taco"

Quote Originally Posted by Romulack View Post
    Building permits were issued in March for "Velvet Taco"
    I hope its the same Velvet Taco with numerous Dallas area shops. Will give Torchy's some competition. The Nashville hot tofu and chicken fried cauliflower tacos are fantastic.
    Can't wait

Quote Originally Posted by mattjank View Post
    I hope its the same Velvet Taco with numerous Dallas area shops. Will give Torchy's some competition. The Nashville hot tofu and chicken fried cauliflower tacos are fantastic.
    Can't wait
    It is according to Norman Development FB page.

Anyone know what is going in at Lindsey & Lahoma? It’s where Sooner Liquors used to be.

Press and Plow

Quote Originally Posted by BimmerSooner View Post
    Press and Plow
    Thanks, I had heard rumors about a bar/coffee shop. This will be a good addition to the neighborhood. Hopefully they will have longer hours than the one in N Norman and are open into the evening.

Starbuck's going in on the southwest corner of Lindsey and Berry.

Starbuck's going in on the southwest corner of Lindsey and Berry.
    Interesting, anyone have a site plan?

21. Default Re: Lindsey Street

Haven't seen one but I am happy that old falling apart Shell station is gone.

My current curiosity on Lindsey centers on the parcels of land immediately east of Berry and on the north side of Lindsey. I've noticed a bunch of dirt piles that have been delivered there recently.
    Seeing that, I searched the assessor's website and found that it is, as of April 1 of this year, owned by Garner Crossing, LLC. They developed the higher end apartments of the same name at the intersection of Apache and Jenkins. So I'm assuming potentially something similar to be built on Lindsey. I'm not 100% sure how to interpret the assessor's sales data, but at a minimum they paid $750K for the two adjacent lots there, or $1.5M for both. I assume the former. Nonetheless, one wouldn't think someone would pay that much without plans to develop it pretty robustly.

Really like Press & Plow. Better espresso than Starbucks (which might not be setting the bar very high LOL).
    Glad to lose the eyesore that was the former Shell Station at Berry and Lindsey but with such a small area for a Starbucks and the affinity for drive-through coffee, won't it clog up that intersection?
    Last edited by wunderkind; 12-23-2022 at 11:44 AM. Reason: spelling

24. Default Re: Lindsey Street

My current curiosity on Lindsey centers on the parcels of land immediately east of Berry and on the north side of Lindsey. I've noticed a bunch of dirt piles that have been delivered there recently.
    Seeing that, I searched the assessor's website and found that it is, as of April 1 of this year, owned by Garner Crossing, LLC. They developed the higher end apartments of the same name at the intersection of Apache and Jenkins. So I'm assuming potentially something similar to be built on Lindsey. I'm not 100% sure how to interpret the assessor's sales data, but at a minimum they paid $750K for the two adjacent lots there, or $1.5M for both. I assume the former. Nonetheless, one wouldn't think someone would pay that much without plans to develop it pretty robustly.
    As long as the bulldozer that has been "for sale" there for the last 10 years does away I'll take it.

Quote Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
    Interesting, anyone have a site plan?
    This is from a while back from the Norman Development Facebook page
    +Starbucks Norman.jpg

Thread Information