Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 39 of 39
  1. #26

    Default Re: (Official) 2013-2014 Oklahoma City Thunder Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    Thabeet would probably have to get cut to make room for Orton, but he showed promise in the summer league. It'll be interesting to see what they do.
    I think Orton has more talent and far more potential than Thabeet. I think he's also more teachable. That is, Kendrick Perkins would be able to teach him a lot more on interior defense than he could Thabeet. Orton has the hands, quickness, and scoring ability that Thabeet doesn't. Unfortunately, it seems like we're gearing up to keep Thabeet and keep Orton because Thabeet has more on court experience. That's backwards thinking, in my opinion, but I do understand it. It's also a double downer because we're likely to release Thabeet after this season and who knows what we'll do with Perkins at that point. So, Orton will be with some lucky team and we'll be starting from square one at the center position all over again.

  2. #27

    Default Re: (Official) 2013-2014 Oklahoma City Thunder Thread

    I would like to think that the Thunder could find some way to keep Orton on the roster for at least part of the year. It would be such a waste to spend a year developing the guy, and then letting him get away without at least seeing what he can do for the team. I realize that he would be a fourth center, but in all likelihood Steven Adams is not even going to play a single minute in the NBA this year. I remember reading that Presti was telling some of the draft prospects that the plan was for them to play in the D-League this upcoming season. So if that is true, then we would only have 2 centers available if we don't re-sign Orton.

    If they need another point guard why not just do what they've done that last few seasons and sign Derek Fisher after the all-star break? Or use their trade exceptions for a end-of-the-season rental PG (via a trade of course)? By that time, you could determine whether or not to let Orton or Thabeet go.

  3. #28

    Default Re: (Official) 2013-2014 Oklahoma City Thunder Thread

    ESPN NBA has its 2013-14 roster complete with salaries:

    Oklahoma City Thunder 2014 Team Roster - ESPN

    What will become of Brewer, Fisher, Orton & Grant Jarrett (draftee)?

    I'm sure the Thunder will make some cuts and assign some players to the Tulsa 66ers.

  4. #29

    Default Re: (Official) 2013-2014 Oklahoma City Thunder Thread

    Every body saw how good Jeremy Lamb was this summer but to my knowledge I think I remeber getting somewhat made fun of for suggesting that Brooks needed to use him during the playoffs when Westbrook got injured.

  5. Default Re: (Official) 2013-2014 Oklahoma City Thunder Thread

    Yesterday's paper reported we have signed Fish for the full season, at "veteran minimum" pay. What are the odds that he takes the place on the Thunder staff left by Mo Cheeks, when his playing days are done?

  6. #31

    Default Re: (Official) 2013-2014 Oklahoma City Thunder Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kyle View Post
    Yesterday's paper reported we have signed Fish for the full season, at "veteran minimum" pay. What are the odds that he takes the place on the Thunder staff left by Mo Cheeks, when his playing days are done?
    Which would require a full season with 1 less assistant coach until he retires. I'm not sure what effect that would have on this season.

  7. #32

    Default Re: (Official) 2013-2014 Oklahoma City Thunder Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBoy18 View Post
    Every body saw how good Jeremy Lamb was this summer but to my knowledge I think I remeber getting somewhat made fun of for suggesting that Brooks needed to use him during the playoffs when Westbrook got injured.
    It was better to use someone like Reggie more since he had meaningful NBA game experience.

  8. #33

    Default Re: (Official) 2013-2014 Oklahoma City Thunder Thread

    Looks like the OKCThunderFans.com website is down.

  9. #34

    Default Re: (Official) 2013-2014 Oklahoma City Thunder Thread

    What day does training camp start?

  10. #35

    Default Re: (Official) 2013-2014 Oklahoma City Thunder Thread

    It works now with thunderfans.com They took away the link that starts with OKC.

  11. Default Re: (Official) 2013-2014 Oklahoma City Thunder Thread

    One year deal for Ryan Gomes. Vets minimum.

  12. Default Re: (Official) 2013-2014 Oklahoma City Thunder Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackmoreRulz View Post
    What day does training camp start?
    I think around the first of October.

  13. #38

    Default Re: (Official) 2013-2014 Oklahoma City Thunder Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBoy18 View Post
    Every body saw how good Jeremy Lamb was this summer but to my knowledge I think I remeber getting somewhat made fun of for suggesting that Brooks needed to use him during the playoffs when Westbrook got injured.
    Lamb had one great game in Orlando and shot poorly in the others. I think Lamb has potential and could thrive with the open looks he'll get playing with KD and Westbrook, but playing him meaningful playoff minutes would have been silly. He looked lost in the few minutes he got in the regular season. I think consistency, bringing it night in and night out, might be his biggest problem this season.

    I am pretty confident that Reggie is going to step up this year to mitigate some of what K-Mart brought offensively, but we need someone else to do so also to avoid a fall off. Lamb is the most likely candidate to provide some scoring punch, but Fisher, Gomes (if he makes the team), PJIII, or even Orton (although either him or Thabeet will likely get cut) might get an opportunity. It's definitely going to be interesting.

  14. #39

    Default Re: (Official) 2013-2014 Oklahoma City Thunder Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    Lamb had one great game in Orlando and shot poorly in the others. I think Lamb has potential and could thrive with the open looks he'll get playing with KD and Westbrook, but playing him meaningful playoff minutes would have been silly. He looked lost in the few minutes he got in the regular season. I think consistency, bringing it night in and night out, might be his biggest problem this season.

    I am pretty confident that Reggie is going to step up this year to mitigate some of what K-Mart brought offensively, but we need someone else to do so also to avoid a fall off. Lamb is the most likely candidate to provide some scoring punch, but Fisher, Gomes (if he makes the team), PJIII, or even Orton (although either him or Thabeet will likely get cut) might get an opportunity. It's definitely going to be interesting.
    Agree, Reggie will fill the void left by K-Mart. Reggie started out like a train wreck his first season; he has since settled down and improved with time.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1068
    Last Post: 09-23-2013, 06:00 PM
  2. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-02-2012, 10:01 AM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-02-2012, 11:09 AM
  4. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-28-2010, 06:04 PM
  5. The official hijack this thread thread
    By Midtowner in forum Current Events & Open Topic
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 01-28-2005, 02:06 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO