Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Oklahoma Weather Discussion - July 2013

Default Re: Oklahoma Weather Discussion - July 2013

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerDave View Post
    I made the mistake of visiting that site. That's about 90 seconds of my life I won't get back.

Probably wouldn't have to go far to find links to faked moonlanding sites.
    HAARP in Alaska has shut down, due to lack of money: HAARP Facility Shuts Down

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    Pretty decent fill occurring over most of SC and SE OK. Looks like along I-35 through OKC is wettest heading into this evening.

Norman is just over 3 inches of rain. Most of OKC is at or approaching 2.5 inches at this time.
    Stillwater was too far east of I-35 and so got almost 1.5" and evenly spread out, judging from 3 wunderground stations. Tulsa got well under an inch. May not be enough for Tulsa to get back in the totally drought free white zone.

SW and W OK getting slammed as expected last night and this morning.

4. Default Re: Oklahoma Weather Discussion - July 2013

Some good rainfall for the SW part of the state. NW missed out in many areas as did the East. Looks like the winner right now appears to be site NE of Duncan with 4.54" of rain. Norman appears to be 2nd with 3.15".

5. Default Re: Oklahoma Weather Discussion - July 2013

Afternoon forecast has the mix of clouds/sun. Could see more rain develop over the west later and also scattered storms from Eastern into Central OK starting by mid to late afternoon with the heating.

6. Default Re: Oklahoma Weather Discussion - July 2013

Storm over Oklahoma County south into Northern Cleveland picking up some steam. Could go severe and bring some decent hail and wind before it starts to pulse down.

7. Default Re: Oklahoma Weather Discussion - July 2013

It. Just. Got. Interesting.

Pretty intense thunder. Can't see lightning from my vantage but I'm pretty sure it's comin' right fer us. Good thing we have a pool pump in the backyard to divert water.
    Still corrupting young minds

8. Default Re: Oklahoma Weather Discussion - July 2013

Now severe...

BULLETIN - IMMEDIATE BROADCAST REQUESTED
    SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING
    NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE NORMAN OK
    624 PM CDT TUE JUL 16 2013

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN NORMAN HAS ISSUED A

* SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING FOR...
    EASTERN CANADIAN COUNTY IN CENTRAL OKLAHOMA...
    SOUTHWESTERN OKLAHOMA COUNTY IN CENTRAL OKLAHOMA...

* UNTIL 700 PM CDT

* AT 622 PM CDT...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE METEOROLOGISTS DETECTED A
    SEVERE THUNDERSTORM LOCATED NEAR NICHOLS HILLS...MOVING NORTHWEST
    AT 20 MPH.

HAZARDS IN THE WARNING INCLUDE...
    QUARTER SIZE HAIL...
    DAMAGING WINDS IN EXCESS OF 60 MPH...

* LOCATIONS IMPACTED INCLUDE...
    BETHANY...THE VILLAGE...WARR ACRES AND NICHOLS HILLS.

It's pretty much passed me at this point but some wild wind with that storm.

The clouds were a swirlin' when it was coming in!

11. Default Re: Oklahoma Weather Discussion - July 2013

Well, that was nuts. So much water...

12. Default Re: Oklahoma Weather Discussion - July 2013

Welcome to Florida.

I understand that power is out around Britton and MacArthur, and there's quite a bit of tree damage in the Silver Lake area on Ritter Road and on Harbor Drive...

That storm went directly over us in Camden Place. I thought my bald cypress was gonna split, it was swirling like crazy. Some pretty jagged hail did damage to siding, screens and garage doors around the hood.

Maybe this time I'll actually put in a claim for a new roof, there is no way I escaped damage from this one.

15. Default Re: Oklahoma Weather Discussion - July 2013

Quote Originally Posted by pahdz View Post
    That storm went directly over us in Camden Place. I thought my bald cypress was gonna split, it was swirling like crazy. Some pretty jagged hail did damage to siding, screens and garage doors around the hood.

Maybe this time I'll actually put in a claim for a new roof, there is no way I escaped damage from this one.
    We live near the area, already have a claim open for the roof, siding, window screens, gutters, and garage doors, just haven't gotten it done yet because we were waiting for the storm season to end. Most of the people in our neighborhood already got their roofs done. That was some jagged hail, though, for sure.

It really was insane when it started. I'm glad we have power so we can run pumps. I watched someone's yard service sign get yanked out of the ground. I looked down the street but couldn't see it anywhere.

In 4.5 years I've held off putting a claim in for the roof. I used to be an adjuster in PHX and hail damage doesn't really affect your roof too much, so I was just waiting until it was really bad.

KWTV,FOX 25 and CW34 is without power right now at the station

Not receiving data from about 90% of the mesonet stations. Obviously, its probably an issue on the receiving end.

This low just doesn't want to leave in peace. It's amazing how the Oklahoma City area never seems to be fortunate enough to get bypassed by the worst parts of these storm systems. It will be interesting to see what else happens on Wednesday, so far, with a 20% chance of precip.

Quote Originally Posted by Tydude View Post
    KWTV,FOX 25 and CW34 is without power right now at the station
    It was about that time that I was flipping through stations and Fox didn't have a signal. Also, the lights were flickering and I was like, "nooooo...don't do that".

Nearly 4 inches being reported on east sides of OKC, 3 to 3.5 inches over the rest of metro. This is also data that is delayed, so these numbers will increase slightly.

The low is currently located all the way over in N New Mexico. Really, it has been a perfect storm for the drought. Steady rains that are spaced out in timing to allow maximum soaking with very minor run off.

SW and W OK will likely see totals continue to go up as the low slides further and further west and eventually southwest.

22. Default Re: Oklahoma Weather Discussion - July 2013

Spotty storms popping up again. Brief heavy rain is about the most of it. Heavy rain lasted about 10 minutes here in Norman.

23. Default Re: Oklahoma Weather Discussion - July 2013

Afternoon storms starting to pop up over South central into SE OK. Heavy rain is the main threat with these. Movement is NE at around 30 mph.

No sillyhead, movement is NW! lol

But yea, looks like flare up/down storms much like yesterday afternoon's activity working their way back into the metro later this afternoon.

25. Default Re: Oklahoma Weather Discussion - July 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    No sillyhead, movement is NW! lol

But yea, looks like flare up/down storms much like yesterday afternoon's activity working their way back into the metro later this afternoon.
    Sigh. LOL Go 11.5 months out of the year saying NE and all of a sudden I'm expected to relay accurate information and adjust for some crazy retrograding low. Sheesh.

Thread Information