Widgets Magazine
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Sonic Corporation

Default Re: Sonic Corporation

More bad news for all of our resident Sonic haters.

Oklahoma City-based Sonic booms on lower gas prices, strong sales | News OK

While low crude oil prices are hammering the stock prices of Oklahoma energy sector companies, Oklahoma City-based Sonic Corp.’s stock hit a new all-time high this week of $32 a share.
    The stock is up more than 60 percent over the past year as the company sees strong sales growth and has expanded into new markets.
    The drive-in franchiser hit a milestone $4 billion in total sales at the end of its last fiscal year August and is about to expand into Rhode Island— it’s 45th state. The company also has aggressive expansion plans in California, where it currently has about 65 to 70 locations, Vaughan said.
    Also mentioned are the upcoming commercials that KD will be filming with the "two guys". That should be a lot of fun.

I'm not going to research it but I have to wonder how their success is comparing to a chain like In-N-Out, which seems to be so highly longed for here.

3. Default Re: Sonic Corporation

Quote Originally Posted by ljbab728 View Post
    I'm not going to research it but I have to wonder how their success is comparing to a chain like In-N-Out, which seems to be so highly longed for here.
    I know that people in Sonic-free areas treat them the same way we do In-N-Out; and that't not including former Okies.

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    I know that people in Sonic-free areas treat them the same way we do In-N-Out; and that't not including former Okies.
    It's been mentioned often here that we always long for the grass that's just over the fence.

I have friends on the east coast that will post things about missing sonic, or sonic being their first stop when they are back home...

I have a sonic within 1.5 of my house and haven't stopped there in over a year.

But wit that said when I go out east for work I always stopped at 5 guys or in and out on the west coast. Grass is always greener.

The last time I remember liking sonic was during highschool and going with a large group of friends.

I go to sonic 2 or 3 times a day just to get a drink. Usually on my way to work, and on the way home.

8. Default Re: Sonic Corporation

Saw a big, BIG shoot of some sort today at the Split T (N Western) Sonic location. BIG. As in, bigger than most movie shoots I've seen in Oklahoma. Craft service, several uniforms working security, CRAZY lighting, equipment, tents, multiple RVs, etc. I think it must've been a commercial shoot with KD.

New commercials with KD.

11. Default Re: Sonic Corporation

^^^^^^^
    The first one was definitely filmed here in town; they shot it at the Split-T Sonic location on N Western. I drove by the day they were shooting.

KD's latest Sonic commercial.

Brianna scores again with a very interesting interview with CEO, Cliff Hudson.

http://www.oklahoman.com/article/543...ive-in%20chain

This is also interesting from the article.

He also hopes to eventually expand the Sonic brand outside of the United States by the end of the decade, although any plans to do so now are only “speculative,” Hudson said.
    That could be a very smart move. I recently hosted a friend from London who was here for the first time. One of his priorities was having food from Sonic even though we had never talked about it before.

I recently hosted a friend from London who was here for the first time. One of his priorities was having food from Sonic even though we had never talked about it before.
    My friend from London enjoyed Sonic as well. Not a favorite by any means, but for fast food, a nice place for a quick lunch. She lives in Carshalton, where is your friend from?
    C. T.

I forget which Sonic location we were at, but I was super impressed with the new ordering screens. Very fancy!

Quote Originally Posted by ctchandler View Post
    My friend from London enjoyed Sonic as well. Not a favorite by any means, but for fast food, a nice place for a quick lunch. She lives in Carshalton, where is your friend from?
    C. T.
    I don't remember which area of London it is. I know it is east of central London.

I don't remember which area of London it is. I know it is east of central London.
    Carshalton is about eleven miles due South of London. But it takes forever to get there.
    C. T.

For fast food, I find them to be incredibly expensive, lately.

Blog Entries

Saw this placeholder (top) of Sonic's headquarters when it was originally proposed for the Capitol Hill area.

Found this site link: http://www.capitolhillokc.com/ Big plans for Capitol Hill district. The site really got the cart before the horse...

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    Found this site link: (Link to fake site removed) Big plans for Capitol Hill district. The site really got the cart before the horse...
    Scroll down to the bottom of the page.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stile99 View Post
    Scroll down to the bottom of the page.
    Placeholder building & site...

Also the Hard Rock Cafe .

That Sonic building is ugly.

"This site is a "fantasy" site."

Been going to Sonic for years. Today order a cheeseburger only. Costs 3.99 plus tax, and its reheated hamburger meat too. You get the Combo your paying around 7.50-8.00, Not bad I Guess. But for my money The Garage Burgers hands down are the best and I know you have to go in and sit. The hamburger meat is much better quality for around 1.00 More than Sonic. Not a big deal but best time to go to Sonic is during their happy hour pricing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mississippi Blues View Post
    "This site is a "fantasy" site."
    That is good to know.

Thread Information