Widgets Magazine
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Sonic Corporation

Default Re: Sonic Corporation

That fake Sonic building looks like it's straight out of Back to the Future II.

Looks like big news...Sonic acquired by Inspire Brands in Atlanta.

https://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...ds-2.3-Billion

“This value-maximizing transaction validates the actions we have taken over the last year to grow traffic and improve sales while delivering differentiated offerings and superior guest service,” said Cliff Hudson, Sonic Corp. CEO.

That's one of the most corporatey things i've ever read haha.

How does this affect OK and OKC tax revenue wise?

That company lets it’s brand operate mostly inpendentlty. Bw3 is based In Minneapolis and Arby is based in Atlanta.

There is 0 reason to think that sonic will move its HQ from okc

Agreed. No reason to think Sonic is going anywhere. If anything this will help fuel their expansion plans and becomes a net positive.

If they change the ice, we riot.

I don't want to be alarmist, and I don't know anything about this transaction. But in general it is not good news for a city when a major business/employer is bought by an outside organization not based locally. I have seen this happen many times; the relationship starts with assurances that nothing will change. Over time, it becomes clear that the biggest, most important decisions affecting the business are now being made elsewhere. The company making those decisions will not have as their first priority Oklahoma City when their executives do not live here.

And remember that Sonic does not employ many people in its HQ.

Entire building in Lower Bricktown is about 100,000 SF and they don't even occupy all of it.

Still, it would suck to lose them and hope that doesn't happen.

If the commercial format changes, I'll cheer for that.

"OKC is proud to be the longtime home of @sonicdrivein. I want to share I have been told this morning that Sonic’s HQ will remain in OKC for the foreseeable future. Today is clearly a milestone in the company’s history, but we are still proud to be the home of Sonic." -@davidfholt Mayor Holt's twitter

^

They always say that 'things won't change' and they almost always do.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Vu View Post
    If the commercial format changes, I'll cheer for that.
    What? You must be kidding! They're the best commercials ever what would we do without Pete and...umm...Pete and... Hmmm.

OK, yeah, I see your point.

ETA: Though being serious, we're talking about them so the ads are doing their job. Edmond Hyundai knows their stupid song is stupid, they even referenced its stupidity in several of their own commercials. We all know to follow that dude to Fowler, although we can count on Hudiburg, they'll give us more and the deals are automatic at Automax. For better or worse (mostly worse) it's the annoying ads that stick in peoples' minds. If that actually makes them want Sonic or chases them away from Sonic is another matter, but not one the ad agency is concerned with.

Quote Originally Posted by BridgeBurner View Post
    "OKC is proud to be the longtime home of @sonicdrivein. I want to share I have been told this morning that Sonic’s HQ will remain in OKC for the foreseeable future. Today is clearly a milestone in the company’s history, but we are still proud to be the home of Sonic." -@davidfholt Mayor Holt's twitter
    "for the foreseeable future"..................

I interviewed there once for an IT position, and I'd bet that's one of the first things to get assimilated, along with HR, usually is at the companies I've worked at that have taken over/been taken over.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    And remember that Sonic does not employ many people in its HQ.

Entire building in Lower Bricktown is about 100,000 SF and they don't even occupy all of it.

Still, it would suck to lose them and hope that doesn't happen.

Yes. It's not really the amount of square footage or even their employee count that worries me. In St. Louis, Nestle bought Purina and I think there are more employees on that campus then when it was headquartered here. Bayer is buying Monsanto and they say they are adding employees. What we have seen happen here, with Anheuser-Busch and others, and I hope it's not the case in OKC with Sonic, is that over time, corporate philanthropy falls. The executives in other cities don't really care about giving as much to the zoo, the symphony, they may scale back their suite at Busch Stadium because they aren't entertaining high-level clients here at Cards games. When the next recession comes, it's politically easier for them to consolidate in their "branch office" town. Sonic probably uses OKC law firms, marketing firms and accounting firms primarily right now. If they have a travel agency, I bet it's in OKC. Will that always be the case? It's little things like that over time. Plus the prestige of having a non-oil related household name.

Again, none of this is set in stone. But it's just sad when things like this happen.

The way I read it, the local executives are going to stay here. It will be completely independent of the parent company. No common executives. Just the parent company, sub company relationship.

18. Default Re: Sonic Corporation

Quote Originally Posted by YeahIKnow View Post
    I'm with you on this one!

Normally I’d say sure but Inspire brands acts like a holding company in a few ways. Both Arby’s and bww maintain their HQs. I don’t know why sonic would be any different.

And Holt just phrased that way because you can never say never.

Sonic has went downhill over the last few years. $5.00 for a hamburger unless it's the special of the week. Also smaller sized just like braums. You can get a damn good burger at the Garage for the same price and taste a Helluva lot better too. But to each his own, that's why I love this Country. Semper Fi

Blog Entries

Yeah but happy hour and burger night are some of the best deals around...

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    Yeah but happy hour and burger night are some of the best deals around...
    We also take advantage of Happy Hour slushes/drinks and the 1/2 price burger night. However, we also avoid the other 150 hours of the week to go to Sonic and pay full price.

If you use the Sonic app it's Happy Hour ANYTIME for drinks!

You are not only hilarious but you're also a prophet! Actually laughed out loud at this.
    Quote Originally Posted by YeahIKnow View Post

Seeing on Twitter that the Sonic at 23rd/Penn closed.

While I'm sure this is due to this Sonic perpetually having terrible service (though the order-ahead app did make a huge difference), I'm (probably irrationally) hoping the land is owned by the same people that own the former Buy 4 Less that is right there and this is related to a sale on that property and that we'll see some movement soon. Don't have the time to research this right now - but hopefully someone knows something!

Thread Information